Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Meet April 6th Orlando Area

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007 | 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who's going tomorrow?
Old Apr 5, 2007 | 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
food and drinks are still free... admission is free... and there are three bands coming so if you decide the car show is sheety you can just go watch the bands or eat all our food

so basically, everythings free.... why wouldn't you come out?

kevin
Old Apr 5, 2007 | 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by -Land\EVO/-
they are being GAY? u send us to a place that only has limited parking, a big *** ditch in the back, and a lady hits 3 cars,, espically a SUBIE and u think they are being gay because u want to charge just to hang out,,,,, and eat 1 or 2 pizzas? u are funny
Flash backs of a Honda CRV doing allot of damage...dont know how or why she did it but it sucked for the owners of the cars.......Ill say this good effort in trying to get it going I may go to support but pizza there was none last time, drinks yes, parking not much except if we had a 4x4 truck.
Old Apr 5, 2007 | 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by sportmitsubishi
Flash backs of a Honda CRV doing allot of damage...dont know how or why she did it but it sucked for the owners of the cars.......Ill say this good effort in trying to get it going I may go to support but pizza there was none last time, drinks yes, parking not much except if we had a 4x4 truck.
thank you for bringin this up, it let's me explain some things

here's the story. the church had reserved the whole parking lot for us. that means NO other cars AT ALL. however, they had some kind of service that "popped up" which i was angry with obviously. that service was supposed to get out at 8:00, but didn't until 9. then the second problem: there were not supposed to be any bands there, but a guy at the church "saw no harm in booking one to play" that night. so we got screwed like that. then that lady (kinda feel bad for her) supposedly got stuck in reverse and spun out of control, sideswiping two of my friends and nailing my favorite subaru, owned by caesar. i was, needless to say, angry. we ended up not having awards that night because of it.

we've been having shows like this for more than a year, and nothing was ever even close to that. we've EASILY fit 80 in the parking lot. it just got so chaotic that it spun out of control. most likely there will never be that kind of crowd ever again. and trust me, i had some serious conversations with people in charge at the church. we can't have the car shows be wrecked (no pun) by mismanagement. the numbers since the incident have taken a dip, we haven't had huge turnouts lately. however, this is the first month since then that i've attemped to get our crowds back! so hopefull it'll be great!

we've got some cool stuff that will be new... racing vids outside on a projector to name one.

ANOTHER THING THAT I MADE SURE OF IS THAT THERE IS ALWAYS PIZZA. i was just as mad as you all when the pizza ran out. i was told there would be a supply of it all night. once again, mismanagement.

the word that i've heard around here is that people are starting to see that i've cleaned the show up, eliminated a lot of rice by bringin in the popo, and the management has gotten better. i'd love to have an awesome turnout this month.

if anyone gets lost or something, call my cell phone: 321 228 9942.

thank you all for checkin it out, hope to see you tomorrow night.

kevin

Last edited by subikid; Apr 5, 2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2007 | 04:51 PM
Fomer Vendor

I may try to come, don't think I am doing anything. I was there "that night", dun dun duuuuun. I didn't think it was a big deal, it happend just before I got there. Plus its kinda close to me, at least closer then I-Drive.
Old Apr 5, 2007 | 05:06 PM

alright man, thanks a lot. growin in numbers!

kevin
Old Apr 5, 2007 | 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Matt, call me tomorrow night if you're gonna go.
Old Apr 5, 2007 | 05:10 PM
Fomer Vendor

Copy.
Old Apr 5, 2007 | 05:56 PM

i got a few parking spots on the concrete i can reserve for you...
Old Apr 6, 2007 | 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for having the meet Kevin =]
Old Apr 6, 2007 | 09:13 PM

hey no problem, it's real fun to host it.

can you post up thoughts you had about the meet? just so people can get a feel of how it went down and such.

thanks for coming!
kevin