Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Orlando Weekly Meets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
thats crazy. Under 5k for the clutch. i thought i was bad and mines just turned 15k
haha same here 15,800
Old Dec 19, 2007, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9
Damn!! Now that has to be the record
hey manny, did you ever find out about the act clutch?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clutches that have gone bad that fast is due to poor driving... My 03 was traded in with 31k on stock clutch, mulitple track and street launches.. My 05 clutch lasted me 28k miles with also multiple launches. My 06 has 22k miles and cluth is still holding up even after a 1.65 60ft was done on it
Old Dec 19, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
Clutches that have gone bad that fast is due to poor driving... My 03 was traded in with 31k on stock clutch, mulitple track and street launches.. My 05 clutch lasted me 28k miles with also multiple launches. My 06 has 22k miles and still holding up
ever tried 9 launches or more in one day?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by evokel
No different than 100 plus launches at the track and making over 380 Ft Lbs. of Tq. to the wheels. Like that, the stock clutch lasted 26,000 miles.

It is the way that you use it. If you slip it alot, the clutch will glase and it is done. There is plenty of material there, just gets slick as ice when it glases.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Clutches that have gone bad that fast is due to poor driving... My 03 was traded in with 31k on stock clutch, mulitple track and street launches.. My 05 clutch lasted me 28k miles with also multiple launches. My 06 has 22k miles and cluth is still holding up even after a 1.65 60ft was done on it
Poor driving... I don't care who you are, but people who continually launch their car over and over and over again without letting the car cool off will have a quick clutch burn out. Not only that, but making more then stock power will help that clutch go out faster! Hell, I never smelled my clutch before until I road in someone elses car, so don't go out on a limb and say that a stock clutch will only go out to poor driving because for anyone who knows me knows I run my car hard.... EXTREMELY hard compared to most people!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
No different than 100 plus launches at the track and making over 380 Ft Lbs. of Tq. to the wheels. Like that, the stock clutch lasted 26,000 miles.

It is the way that you use it. If you slip it alot, the clutch will glase and it is done. There is plenty of material there, just gets slick as ice when it glases.
Manie, no way am I going to pop the cluch because it will bog, you ride it to get a good 60 FT.. That's how I get 1.6 and 1.7's.. pop the cluch and bog or gl to that transfer case..
Old Dec 19, 2007, 05:56 PM
Account Disabled

your first two evos didnt have as much power as this one does more power equals less clutch life
Old Dec 19, 2007, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokel
Ever done over 50+ launches on a stock clutch?

Originally Posted by LilRico
Poor driving... I don't care who you are, but people who continually launch their car over and over and over again without letting the car cool off will have a quick clutch burn out. Not only that, but making more then stock power will help that clutch go out faster! Hell, I never smelled my clutch before until I road in someone elses car, so don't go out on a limb and say that a stock clutch will only go out to poor driving because for anyone who knows me knows I run my car hard.... EXTREMELY hard compared to most people!
So i was right, it is the drivers fault, in this case you for being careless and launching the car over and over again without letting it cool down, thats just dumb.. And yes i have known ppl that have burned the clutch at 5k or less miles with the car being still COMPLETELY STOCK!! Drivers kill clutches that quick.. For those that know me here and known me for years, they know that i drive the **** out all the Evos ive owned, i drive them like if they were stolen and my clutches still hold up
Old Dec 19, 2007, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

30+Launches at the track and mine lasted 31000 miles
Old Dec 19, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
30+Launches at the track and mine lasted 31000 miles
See, there you go! This is what im talking about
Old Dec 19, 2007, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

damn I had about 100 launches and 22,000 miles on mine before it died.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LilRico
Manie, no way am I going to pop the cluch because it will bog, you ride it to get a good 60 FT.. That's how I get 1.6 and 1.7's.. pop the cluch and bog or gl to that transfer case..
Ruben, I got lots of time slips with 1.6~1.7 60 Ft. on stock clutch too, lots.
You don't have to slip it to get good 60 fts. My best 60 fts were on the stock clutch.

My stock one lasted me 26 thousand miles, and my car was making alot of power. More than most of you are making now.
It held over 100 track launches, and several street launches, racing SRT-4s, . Power plays a part, but not the main factor.

Scott also was making alot of power, and he too made 100 plus track passes on his stock one before it went out. As Miguel, and others.

Abuse is what kills them. You guys get to excited and slip the heck out of them, .

I stage the car and up the clutch pedal until it is about to engage, and I keep the revs up there. As soon as I get ready to go, I let the clutch pedal go.

People bog because they don't give the car enough revs, and they pop the transfer case because they don't prep the pedal and pop it from all the way down on the floor, and shock the Drivetrain that way.

I can do this all day, .

Last edited by 04AWDTURBOEVO; Dec 19, 2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
Ruben, I got lots of time slips with 1.6~1.7 60 Ft. on stock clutch too, lots.
You don't have to slip it to get good 60 fts. My best 60 fts were on the stock clutch.

My stock one lasted me 26 thousand miles, and my car was making alot of power. More than most of you are making now.
It held over 100 track launches, and several street launches, racing SRT-4s, . Power plays a part, but not the main factor.

Scott also was making alot of power, and he too made 100 plus track passes on his stock one before it went out. As Miguel, and others.

Abuse is what kills them. You guys get to excited and slip the heck out of them, .

I stage the car and up the clutch pedal until it is about to engage, and I keep the revs up there. As soon as I get ready to go, I let the clutch pedal go.

People bog because they don't give the car enough revs, and they pop the transfer case because they don't prep the pedal and pop it from all the way down on the floor, and shock the Drivetrain that way.

I can do this all day, .
But Manie a drag pass you run and go back to the staging lane and wait there... Not like the street where you run multiple times on and on. Great you all had clutches that lastest, but I can assure you it wasn't no bad driving as some are saying. It went because it couldn't hold up. And my fastest 60 FT are all on the stock clutch, but I also haven't been to the track with the new clutch more then once...
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

All my launches where done at the track where and the last day I went to the track i ran 9 times back to back with not more than 20min in between racing. So all and all I did about 35 passes at the track and about 5 on the street. So does that makes me a bad driver?? I know for sure the power level on the car has a lot to do with it going fast.