Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Orlando Weekly Meets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LilRico
But Manie a drag pass you run and go back to the staging lane and wait there... Not like the street where you run multiple times on and on. Great you all had clutches that lastest, but I can assure you it wasn't no bad driving as some are saying. It went because it couldn't hold up. And my fastest 60 FT are all on the stock clutch, but I also haven't been to the track with the new clutch more then once...
The main thing is you now have an awesome clutch that will kick some rear, .

The other thing is that once you get your car back, you are going to kick some rear no matter what anyway, .

I am allready saving for a Jet Turbine for mine, . I will not be beat, . J/K

My new Clutch is going in next week, Thursday. After a 1500 miles break in, It will be ready for after the track re-opens mid January.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
Clutches that have gone bad that fast is due to poor driving... My 03 was traded in with 31k on stock clutch, mulitple track and street launches.. My 05 clutch lasted me 28k miles with also multiple launches. My 06 has 22k miles and cluth is still holding up even after a 1.65 60ft was done on it
But I thought your clutch was slipping way when you went to the track and ran it for the first time a couple or 3 months ago . This is not possible if Oscar pulled 1.65 60ft, with two back to back 11sec runs.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9
But I thought your clutch was slipping way when you went to the track and ran it for the first time a couple or 3 months ago . This is not possible if Oscar pulled 1.65 60ft, with two back to back 11sec runs.
Does this mean that he was making excuses back then??
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokel
hey manny, did you ever find out about the act clutch?
I call you on that.....
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
Does this mean that he was making excuses back then??
Excuses? Please.. You dont know me well enough to say that, i have PLENTY of seat time on Evos.. I dont need to make excuses to not run. I dont really go to the track much as i used to because i dont wana spend all my time at the track and i was taking a breather from the whole car scene

Manny the clutch did slip that time, the car went 12.8@ 111, Scott was there that day at the track and he witnessed when my clutch slipped bc i went to talk to him right after about it, plus it was like 95 degrees out that day and i ran right after an hour drive and making runs on the street to set the boost. I dont know how the clutch still held up after a 1.65 60ft with that kinda power, im sure the weight reduction helped with less drag and colder weather allowing for it to cool down faster
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually just had a conversation with Terry Earwood, he is a record setting professional drag racer, he claims that when he races to win, with street cars, he can and does blow clutches in 1 run.
I don't really want to try that but I guess it is common in that world.

Oh and Chase, beat the SHT out of his car to blow the clutch so fast, it just wasn't racing, but it was a damn good time.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Manny the clutch did slip that time, the car went 12.8@ 111, Scott was there that day at the track and he witnessed when my clutch slipped bc i went to talk to him right after about it, plus it was like 95 degrees out that day and i ran right after an hour drive and making runs on the street to set the boost. I dont know how the clutch still held up after a 1.65 60ft with that kinda power, im sure the weight reduction helped with less drag and colder weather allowing for it to cool down faster
Gotcha...
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsudave
I actually just had a conversation with Terry Earwood, he is a record setting professional drag racer, he claims that when he races to win, with street cars, he can and does blow clutches in 1 run.
I don't really want to try that but I guess it is common in that world.

Oh and Chase, beat the SHT out of his car to blow the clutch so fast, it just wasn't racing, but it was a damn good time.
Ahhh, Good times, gooood times...
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9
I call you on that.....

i dont remember?!?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Excuses? Please.. You dont know me well enough to say that, i have PLENTY of seat time on Evos.. I dont need to make excuses to not run. I dont really go to the track much as i used to because i dont wana spend all my time at the track and i was taking a breather from the whole car scene
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

yo felix,what clutch are you planning to get after the stockie dies on you?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

WIsh I had the money for the EXEDY but i have too many things going on right now between Body, Brakes, Leaks, Wheel, Tires, Christmas I am doing the ACT HDTTP cerametallic HD pressure plate single disc on ACT streetlite flywheel. SHould work great with my setup.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

I run ACT HD 6 puck unsprung with ACT streetlite Flywheel.......Still holding strong(CROSS MY FINGRS)
Old Dec 20, 2007, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

WIsh I had the money for the EXEDY but i have too many things going on right now between Body, Brakes, Leaks, Wheel, Tires, Christmas I am doing the ACT HDTTP cerametallic HD pressure plate single disc on ACT streetlite flywheel. SHould work great with my setup.

I would suggest you go with the 6 puck sprung hub option they offer.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gkania
I would suggest you go with the 6 puck sprung hub option they offer.
Yeah I think thats the one I am getting. Also doing the SS clutch lines.