Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Orlando Weekly Meets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:36 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1QikEVO2NV
All of us loyally attending the Friday night meets need stand up for our rights. The meets are going to be a weekly thing and there is nothing they can do to us as long as we dont break the law. Loitering or trespassing on private property is the excuse they try alot of the time. Its in our interest to know who is the commanding officer during that shift. I am going to attempt to contact them and set this on the right path.

Henry you sir are 100% correct !!!! But keep in mind that most of us do have very loud illegal exhaust systems and yes the cops do have 100% right to give us tickets for having loud exhaust - and thats also a 100% fact !!!!! The other facts are that it "just happens" that in that area there have been about 7 car racing related deaths in the last year alone , so yes they will NOT be leaving that meet alone anytime soon ! Also people hauling *** right in front of the cops just this pass friday when I was there I'm sure didn't help out much ; so even if the "landlord" says its ok to be there thats NOT the issue - the issue is that the cops will stay out side the parking lot and pull over as many people for whatever reason they feel like because we just about all have loud exhaust and that is one of many reasons why they can pull us over and ticket us . I really did like going to that meet because its so close to my house but I'm really not in the mood to be fu_ked with because of other stupid people racing in that area !

I'm just pointing out the facts thats all , we're grown men and we'll each do as we please . I'm not all that happy about the situation because as I said this meet sure is a lot closer to me then procco's meet but like I said before I think I'll sit this out for a long time to come . Even this pass week as you tried to talk to that one cop I can clearly see that they will not be hearing it !!! People are dying left and right and to top it off people are leaving the meet hauling *** right in front of the cops ; what do you actually believe we should expect over the weeks/months to come ??

Frank

PS: I just wanted to add that I've been out racing and acting a fool ( like us ALL ) since 1994 since I got my first fast car , so I've seen this once or twice before

Last edited by xtremeboost; Aug 20, 2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

It sounds like another Friday meet is going to occur, no matter what I'll be there to support! See you guys Friday!

-Ruben AKA Lil'Rico
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:44 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LilRico
It sounds like another Friday meet is going to occur, no matter what I'll be there to support! See you guys Friday!

-Ruben AKA Lil'Rico

sounds like a plan
Old Aug 21, 2007, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Edited...

Last edited by El.BlueEvo9; Aug 21, 2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 05:55 AM

We just like to meet, and talk about the common interest.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 06:05 AM

Friday 9:30pm at Quiznos.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 06:07 AM

This time is going to be more fun. Hope to see you guys again.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1QikEVO2NV
All of us loyally attending the Friday night meets need stand up for our rights. The meets are going to be a weekly thing and there is nothing they can do to us as long as we dont break the law. Loitering or trespassing on private property is the excuse they try alot of the time.
We will not be loitering or trespassing do to the owner of Quiznos will leave his door open to us. All is welcome If some does not like, they don't have to attend.

Manny...
Old Aug 21, 2007, 09:31 AM
Account Disabled

well guys myself and Matt "Kerr" are trying to set-up a "Central Florida Meet @ Proccolino's"

we recently posted pics in the show and shine section of this forum and received a big interest from everyone in the surrounding areas (Tampa to Daytona)

Everyone is welcome to come, there is no set date for this event. we are waiting to see everyones input before we set a date.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=1#post4663650

thanks again for your time,

- Eduardo
Old Aug 21, 2007, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtremeboost
People are dying left and right and to top it off people are leaving the meet hauling *** right in front of the cops ; what do you actually believe we should expect over the weeks/months to come ??

Frank
Yeah actually when we first got out of the parking lot and in our way to the shop, the officer in the Pontiac G6 followed me until the second streetlight and then turned around. We were cruising very slowly for like 4 minutes though .

I dunno how the other ppl left the meet area behind me but I believe no one left the meet hauling *** cuz they would have been chase down by that officer. What happened next well....everybody is responsible for their own actions.

Anyways, is true what you said about those cops not leaving us alone cuz they'll be waiting for us to do something stupid next time and then Wham! They will shut us down or give us some tickets, period. We'll see.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

This is true, but this will hold true to any meets. Once you leave the Evo gathering, you will be your own responsibilty where ever it may be. Everything still moves forward. Thnx.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys and girl, Frank said all I am sad to say. It was great meeting all of you and anytime 20 evos get together it is cool, but...
I am way to old to be fighting with cops over BS. The guy even said he knew my car, it was not MY car but Eddy's, but even so. I can't go to those meets in that area sorry all.
Proccolino's is great! we never get hassled in all the days we have met there. It is not far off 408 so we can stay off city roads too.
Talk to you all later and good luck in Hunter's Creek.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 03:49 PM

Thank you mitsudave, Hope to see you one day again in Hunter's Creek again.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Eduardo@TTP
well guys myself and Matt "Kerr" are trying to set-up a "Central Florida Meet @ Proccolino's"

we recently posted pics in the show and shine section of this forum and received a big interest from everyone in the surrounding areas (Tampa to Daytona)

Everyone is welcome to come, there is no set date for this event. we are waiting to see everyones input before we set a date.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=1#post4663650

thanks again for your time,

- Eduardo

Last edited by speed kills; Aug 21, 2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

What's up all!! I expected this and understand how everyone feels, we'll still be there. Feel free to come on by, and join us for the after meets.