Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, glad we could meet up....Well, the spring install is delayed until next weekend....
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

yeah sorry i couldnt hang out longer...my a$$hole buddy was wantin to get somethin to eat. I saw a BBY VIII today driving down holcomb. Ive tsalked to the guy before, hes over in Tanks. he bought the car with a ton of mods done to it already. its a little different but nice and has some rough spots. i tried waving him down to see what was up and try to get hime to come out, but was in traffic and had no luck. again, its BBY, but has a grey front bumper (VIII) and wingless, if u guys see him around
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

hey psquared, whats the deal with the springs? if ya need a hand i can help out, shouldnt take that long
Old Dec 1, 2007, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mailman is starting to play with my emotions. Still no BG II tranny fluid waiting for me at the door.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was about to ask you about that... i think i still have the shipping receipt, i will have to look for it. let me know if you dont see it by today.

nick, hear anything from FP ? You arent going to want to hear this, but i spool up almost as fast as you do as well and i am a little bigger than a 35 .... something has to be up with that turbo or wastegate or something. at 23 psi, in 3rd i hit full boost by 4400 or 4500 and in 4th by 4100 or close. Let me know what they say... maybe we can send it in for some checks or something ?

Im also in the hunt to figure out what is going on with you guys out there and these codes... all of you seeing p030x ? or is it other stuff ?
Old Dec 1, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm just going to check some more things. It's hitting full boost around 3700. I have no clue what's going on. I'm thinking about changing my wastegate just to see, so if you know were I can score one for a good price let me know. When it come to timing I guess it could be that but I have know clue how to fix that. I think that would be more down your alley. Oh well she pulls either way.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigric09
i was about to ask you about that... i think i still have the shipping receipt, i will have to look for it. let me know if you dont see it by today.

nick, hear anything from FP ? You arent going to want to hear this, but i spool up almost as fast as you do as well and i am a little bigger than a 35 .... something has to be up with that turbo or wastegate or something. at 23 psi, in 3rd i hit full boost by 4400 or 4500 and in 4th by 4100 or close. Let me know what they say... maybe we can send it in for some checks or something ?

Im also in the hunt to figure out what is going on with you guys out there and these codes... all of you seeing p030x ? or is it other stuff ?
Never came, gotta love how a two hour trip for me is over a week for the USPS.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohEVO18
hey psquared, whats the deal with the springs? if ya need a hand i can help out, shouldnt take that long
Ill let you know...I have a friend coming into town Wed. I don't want to try to rush the install, and alignment so I'm just gonna hold off till next wknd. I'll hit you up.....but yeah, it looks relatively simple. It never hurts to have another set of hands.....I took the car in for alignment almost a year ago, and the driver side still eats the inside of the tires. I looked at the numbers on the "after" sheet, and, to me, seem ****ty.

Camber: Drivers side: -1.1frnt -1.4 rear Pass side: -0.6 frnt -0.5 rear
Toe: Drivers side: +.03frnt +.12rear Pass side: +.01frnt +0.12
Total Toe: +.04 frnt +.24rear

Looks like a lazy *** alignment job to me...I can't complain, 16k on the stock advans....time for new tires though. Any suggestions?? I was looking at the ContiSportContact3's......
Old Dec 2, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MREvolution06
I haven't heard anything yet. I'm just going to check some more things. It's hitting full boost around 3700. I have no clue what's going on. I'm thinking about changing my wastegate just to see, so if you know were I can score one for a good price let me know. When it come to timing I guess it could be that but I have know clue how to fix that. I think that would be more down your alley. Oh well she pulls either way.
ok man... just let me know what you figure out. if its spooling by 3700 i think we are good, the other people i talked to are 3500 to 3700 so maybe she for some reason is acting better now then she was on the dyno. Other then that, is everything ok ?
Originally Posted by alicea8541
Never came, gotta love how a two hour trip for me is over a week for the USPS.
that is some BS man... im sorry about that. If id a known they suck that bad id a sent it dhl or whatever. It was only 2 bucks more. I cant believe it is taking this long. Hopefully it isnt lost. Let me know if it isnt there by monday evening and i will call the shipping store and ask them what we can do. They are closed today, so we might as well give it that more day.

Originally Posted by Psquared
Ill let you know...I have a friend coming into town Wed. I don't want to try to rush the install, and alignment so I'm just gonna hold off till next wknd. I'll hit you up.....but yeah, it looks relatively simple. It never hurts to have another set of hands.....I took the car in for alignment almost a year ago, and the driver side still eats the inside of the tires. I looked at the numbers on the "after" sheet, and, to me, seem ****ty.

Camber: Drivers side: -1.1frnt -1.4 rear Pass side: -0.6 frnt -0.5 rear
Toe: Drivers side: +.03frnt +.12rear Pass side: +.01frnt +0.12
Total Toe: +.04 frnt +.24rear

Looks like a lazy *** alignment job to me...I can't complain, 16k on the stock advans....time for new tires though. Any suggestions?? I was looking at the ContiSportContact3's......
when you get alignments, you need to give the guy the specs you want. Hopefully he is good enough to get it as close as possible. My setting i went with were -1.5 camber in the front and -1 in the back and toe set as close to 0 as humanly possible all the way around. i dont rub with 255's on. Also insure that they center your steering wheel before they start and actually cant it ever so slightly to the left because when you sit in it, she is going to point straight.

As far as tires go... i just put on a set of yokohama s drives... they are ultra high performance summer tires with a great traction, treadwear and heat rating. They seem great so far. If you had 18's i have another set sitting at my house that i have to return back to the store because i wanted a little wider tire...

oh, the spring install is pretty easy, it is easier if you have air tools for the spring compressor, but can be done without them. Just make sure you torque everything down properly, and the rear assemblies, getting the nut off the top is a little tricky because she will spin on you unless you find a way to hold the post the nut is screwed on to still. Also, make sure you find out if your bump stops need cutting.

Last edited by bigric09; Dec 2, 2007 at 07:38 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

thanks bigric09.....I'll check those out. I was looking at a set of Bridgestone tires, and then saw each tire weighed 6lbs per tire more than the Conti's. When they did the alignment, they just got them within spec....the sheet shows a margin of error, and some of them are just on with the lowest threshold. Ehh, I'll get it right.

Im dying here....I want to get some new go fast goodies, but I need to decide which route I wanna go. I def want to do a larger turbo, so I have to wait on cams, and don't want to waste money on an 02 housing, if the new kit comes with one.....I think I'm gonna pick up an ETS fmic, and am debating going with a mini battery for short routing the piping...any thoughts? I'm gonna grab the ETS intake as well......
Old Dec 2, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

ETS is nice, and im sure staring at Ben's car everyday is no fun lol. Just remember though... if you go bigger turbo, you are going to have a LICP with it that may not fit, unless you make your own like i had to. Reason being the ETS end tanks are a slightly different angle than stock. An affordable and nice looking kit... check with AFI, arizone forced induction. That may help you with the turbo setup decision
Old Dec 2, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I was gonna check out that kit....I already sprung for the Licp, it showed up the day after we dyno'd it....Yeah, see where my frustration is...haha I just need to make up my damn mind and go for it...Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

yes you do, or you will be like me trying everything .... luckily it doesnt or hasnt cost me much money because resale is holding some good value.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

I just PMd E vol Ix, I know he's running their setup. AFI's site is still under construction, so I can't see what they offer. I'm hoping to do everything in one fail swoop...I think you know where I'll be heading for the install and tuning.....lol....
Old Dec 2, 2007, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

my base flash for E VOL IX's setup, just to get us to georgia for the tune and adding a butt load of fuel to it up top because he kept hitting a fuel cut that we thought was the tune, but end up being the boost controller setup... put down 385, but probably 430 if i didnt richen her up on the way down. That kit makes some great power, and damn she loooks good.

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos