Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigric09
its on the same license... a motorcycle license isnt a license, its an endorsement to your license. He may have been able to drive a scooter... because of the CC value, you dont need a license, only a permit.
ahhh SO IF i have the "Learners permit" i can keep it if i loose my license... im just lookin for a way around it haha
Old Jul 31, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

yo Jason...after a couple days of messing with the laptop, I got it all setup with a dual boot with XP Prof! So far it's working well. It's giving me a little bit of a problem seeing the usb ports...I have to check and see if it's a driver thing. But it logs fine, connects fine with the ecu. It just doesn't like the wideband usb.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i wish i got a 90.753 avg
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Psquared
yo Jason...after a couple days of messing with the laptop, I got it all setup with a dual boot with XP Prof! So far it's working well. It's giving me a little bit of a problem seeing the usb ports...I have to check and see if it's a driver thing. But it logs fine, connects fine with the ecu. It just doesn't like the wideband usb.
the trick with that is... plug in the adapter by itself without the wideband connected... let XP find it and set it up then hook up the wideband. Try that out. Also, make sure you have SP3 on XP.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

yup. sp3 installed. Man, finding all those drivers for this laptop (toshiba) was a bish! Thankfully I google searched and found a website that a guy made a rar file with ALL the drivers I needed. Once I got it online too, it found all the drivers it needed with windows update. Pretty cool....

Yeah, I hooked up the cable without it plugged into anything. It needed the cd to load the driver...I think I need to go in and TELL it which usb to use. This damn laptop has 6 on it!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

it shouldnt be that bad... you should have to basically load the drivers for the adapter, then plug the adapter in... let windows do its thing. go to my computer and see what com port it is setting the adapter on (probably 5) and then make sure in evoscan you have the wideband comport set to 5.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

yup...got it working. It didn't like it the first time around. I'm gonna post up a detailed thing about my evoscan probs...standby...
Old Aug 1, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

OK. So evoscan works fine. Logs everything totally fine. The problem is when I go to analyze graph data then maptracer. When it opens the load cells only go from 10-100. I have already saved my ROM in the evoscan "ROMS" folder as a hex and xml file. When I right click the lower window of the maptracer to select .hex or .xml I click on my saved ROM and it immediately opens an identical window to that one making me select the ROM again...?? I'm thinking that's where the glitch is. Then, when I select it again to open, I get the error msg...

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately.

Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, Position 3."

If you click "more info" it goes on and on, with a bunch of script that looks like a xml file.

I have tried it with both vista and xp, and both do the exact same thing. I'm going to un-install both, and try a re-install on xp only...
Old Aug 1, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Oh yeah, the other weird thing, is evoscan wont save any settings I make to it. Each time I exit the program, it doesn't save any of my hp/tq settings, or my selected items to "datalog by default".
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

ok... when it asks for an XML... what it is asking for is the file... so in your case i believe it is the 88590015.xml .... then when it asks for the rom, open your actual rom (the map) the .hex file

see how that works for you if at all. It usually doesnt save setting or at least, the earlier version didnt. I dont use map tracer anymore so i dont know exactly what the newer interface looks like or how it works, but you always had to go in a reload the xml and your rom.

try that and see if it works. let me know...
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

any of you guys went to the track yesterday?if so how was it?
Old Aug 2, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

any word bob ?
Old Aug 2, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Jason, checking on it now. Ive been looking at houses all day....i'll post results..

Track was lame. A typical showing of mustangs and gto's. Got to see what a new G8 could do....14.7....blahh...
Old Aug 2, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

May have worked!!! It now shows load cells up to 300, and loads my current ROM! sweet! Now I need to go do a decent log and see if she records correctly.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

alright...well bad news yet again. It seems the norm with this.

I logged a 3rd gear. When I look at maptracer or any other view, it only logged up to 100 load cell. And at that, all the figures seem to be way off. The afr is showing up as 140-300's, boost didn't log past 2.4 psi.

You think it's the xml file i'm using for the jdm map? could that throw things way off? It's weird too, my evoscan has a bunch of other items i can log. Way at the bottom of the main screen past idc, jdm map, and all that stuff, I have a bunch of other things that were never there. ztx tps, bitflag test, bitflag ztx, stuff like that....wtf...I'm so sick of this.

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos