Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah. I it's super easy to make that plug. It's only a single wire. I still have some of the copper solder on prongs...if you just pick up a female db-9 plug and the db-9 plastic housing. I have the rest...

You have a MAP sensor or at least a boost gauge yet? I was reading if you want to mess with fuel/timing first...I don't think I would mess with anything TOO much if you don't have that yet. You won't hurt anything in small increments like Jason said...
Old Sep 3, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

I have the jdm map installed and a boost gauge i just hooked up this weekend.I got the prosport boost gauge its pretty accurate with what evo scan is saying.I hooked the the boost gauge vacuum line next to the intake manifold so it close to the map sensor.I hope i hooked it up right.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

gotcha..well, yeah. I would dial in your fuel first. You don't want to be trying to adjust your timing when your fuel is showing 13's for an afr...nice on the install too. We need to link up to make your cable for the wideband. You are gonna need that.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Sup fellas! Well I had my boy on the 24th and things have been full speed since then. We had a little complication at birth, so I was in greeenville for a week, but he's all good now. He was 8lbs 7oz and 21in long and looks like his daddy Sleep has been none existant but it's great. Well, I'll try and get up with you boys when I get a chance. Hope all is well.

Bob you put that kit on yet? Can't wait to see what you put down!

Ben, my brother, stay HOT out there!!!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats Nick...we figured she had your boy since we haven't heard from you.

The turbo is off to Blouch and should return Thur. The install will start this weekend...pending the da*n hurricane. Now go climb in the evo's trunk and grab a minute of sleep!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Nick-Congrats man, i'm happy to here everything good with your new member to your family.Hopefully we can all get up soon but we all know family is first man, take your time.

Bob- I got the piece for the wideband today.Just let me know when you can help me out.Also today me and andrew met some cool people at ricer nite,I got 2 guys with Subies coming to the track and the next meet.Met a tuner guy and gives some good prices for parts with dyno too.I want to start tuning this friday at the track hopefully.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

My fam had to change their plans with the storm coming. Their flight was sat, but now it's Friday out of Wilmington. I'll be back, but if the weather sux, the track will be closed.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I hope it doesn't get crazy man.I'm trying to go to raleigh this sunday for that weekly evo meet.Also i'm tired of running 13's & 14's so I hope the track is open.What things do i need to log beside boost?

They got this car show at Rush Motorsports for there grand opening on the 20th of Sept.Do anybody want to go?Ryan and Andrew said they're down and I got 2 subie guys too.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MREvolution06
Sup fellas! Well I had my boy on the 24th and things have been full speed since then. We had a little complication at birth, so I was in greeenville for a week, but he's all good now. He was 8lbs 7oz and 21in long and looks like his daddy Sleep has been none existant but it's great. Well, I'll try and get up with you boys when I get a chance. Hope all is well.

Bob you put that kit on yet? Can't wait to see what you put down!

Ben, my brother, stay HOT out there!!!
congrats Nick... you are in for a world of fun

get on a schedule as soon as you can. My son was sleeping thru the night by the time he was about a month old.... thank god. He has a pretty relaxed dimener though, so that could be why. Time flies as well. He will be 11 months old in a few days. Let me know if you need anything.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

hmm where's rush motorsports?

I stopped by National Speed in Wilm. today. Flat rate $80/hr labor. They had an is300 with a 2jz-gte engine swap. Aem standalone..all kinds of sick stuff. It put down 437 on the dyno. It was an auto too. Kind of neat to see all tucked in the engine bay of an IS. Plus it was a killer sleeper. Totally stock...except for the rediculous cammed idle...haha
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

its in holyfield right b4 u get to wilmington, its about a 30 min drive.Those is300 are sick if u know what to do with them.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 03:49 AM
Account Disabled

Hey everyone, I wanted to see what everyone in here thought about having a private meet at CBRD some time. We'd love to have you guys up and have a good time. We're not sure what the activity of choice would be yet, but we can sort that.. I just want to see what kind of interest there is.

I look forward to seeing the responses!

Thanks!

Caleb
CBRD Speedfactory
Old Sep 5, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Interesting...i'm from Pittsburgh and I'd love to take a ride up that way sometime. I've been talking with Chad a bunch about this turbo setup i'm doing. He's been a ton of help. I'd love to see the shop. I hear nothing but great things about the place. We'll spread the word, and get some interest...to be continued...
Old Sep 5, 2008, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

i'll be down to go if I don't have any training!I'm always down.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

yeah im from Pittsburgh too but aint tryin to go back no time soon haha

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos