Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2008, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys! That event Port City Racing is being held at coastal plains tomorrow! Gates open at 12 racing is 1-4. It's supposed to be "street cars" only...they aren't displaying times or mph so you can go back to the pits...talk sh*t....and race other people for fun. You still get a time slip, it's just cut in half so you can't see your competitors.

Should be fun. Spectators are FREE!!! Anyone wanna roll out to watch some racing? Pending weather of course.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

oh yeah....Big ups to mil.spec! They hooked me up with another batch of tranny fluid since the first go around was acting funny! I'll post up results after the swap again.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Wake up you bums!!! Anyone wanna go to the track and watch some racing!!???
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

haha damn bob... im rolling on 5 hours sleep from a quartermaster install last night...

ANYBODY BUYING A CLUTCH... quartermaster twin FTMFW... same set-up as a tilton and not near as tricky to work.. still a lil noisy tho... but BUTTER...BUTTER smooth..

btw bob i havent even asked you since wilmington... hows the car feel?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been up since 0648 buddy.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

0648...dayum. I know you get up with the birds...lol

I am in the market now for a clutch. I'm looking at the exedy twin HD though. Never really looked into the quartermaster. Im open to options tho...I saw your "oh sh*t" post...haha

The car feels strong. When it hits full boost, it hits pretty hard. It's sooooo da*m loud! I love it! It is back to idling really rich though. Honestly, I may pick up an hks filter. Every time I put the k&n cone on the car, it does this bs idling thing. Your hks filter never did this crap...
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

well swap it...

about my thread, yeah... i am just VERY VERY VERY **** and meticulous about my work and have never met the guy before and wanted to do good work on his car.. people were trying to tell me to "hill billy" put that thing together and it didnt seem right to me... waisted about 2 hrs trying to find a solution and ended up working out for the best tho..

i really like that quartermaster.. if u can deal with a little noise it engages and works 10 times better than the titltons i have put in and is still a 7.25 clutch with a very very very light setup.. i think the whole thing weighs around 15 lbs
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psquared
0648...dayum. I know you get up with the birds...lol

I am in the market now for a clutch. I'm looking at the exedy twin HD though. Never really looked into the quartermaster. Im open to options tho...I saw your "oh sh*t" post...haha

The car feels strong. When it hits full boost, it hits pretty hard. It's sooooo da*m loud! I love it! It is back to idling really rich though. Honestly, I may pick up an hks filter. Every time I put the k&n cone on the car, it does this bs idling thing. Your hks filter never did this crap...
Maybe one of these days he will hook a brother up with a ride in his sled. Want to feel and hear it from inside the car. Take me for a spin in this thing already.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

haha i wanted a ride in it monday but he was in a hurry to get back to work

o and finally talked to old boy fellas... be on the lookout for my car wrapped around a tree down there next weekend... dude is coming to get her friday
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

There goes the Evo reputation down here now. We will be getting profiled soon enough. I will personally have to hunt him down and beat him if he ****s it up for us.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

i wouldnt doubt it man... it will prolly be going down the track down there the day he gets it hahaha
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

dayum...another ricer..I'll be sure to ask him if it has a new muffler bearing, and fresh blinker fluid.

I hear ya! I never feel dumb asking a question to verify something that could seriously f- something up! I'd rather be right than guess. What do those quartermasters go for? So far...ahhhem...the best $$ on an exedy twin is just over 1400.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

as far as i know u can get them for 1349 i think shipped... i know its 13sumthin
Old Oct 19, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

anybody have a stock or aftermarket radiator laying around for sale.. i need one asap... damn torque dampner broke and pushed the dumptube into mine..
Old Oct 19, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by E VOL IX
anybody have a stock or aftermarket radiator laying around for sale.. i need one asap... damn torque dampner broke and pushed the dumptube into mine..

I got my Mishimoto with the pipes for a sweet price!! They look pretty **** as well. I haven't gotten to mount it yet as my Evo is still in the body shop, but I've heard pretty good things about it.

Hopefully Auto Works will be done with my Evo soon so I can start putting it back together.

Does anyone around here powdercoat? The MR wheels I got with my car are jacked!!

Also I don't know too much about the Quartermaster but I had an Exedy Twin HD on my Evo 9 and it was a sweet clutch. Even though it was installed wrong, it still worked awesome as a DD clutch. I think I got it for right around $1400.

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos