Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...well hope that works out for you.

Yeah, Andre..the open dump is loud. There's no doubt about that. Just keep your eye out for the popo now.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's up ladies? Only four days left in VA Beach.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by alicea8541
What's up ladies? Only four days left in VA Beach.
starting to have minor problems with the setup..

if i get pissed off enough im going back to stock
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:09 PM

Any of you guys know a gunny sergeant from alaska that works at SOI, drives a lifted red jeep?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

nope
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Just thought I'd throw out a couple of things/observations I made today.

One thing, anyone see that bugeye Impreza for sale on the side of 24 down in front of Imports Plus? My brother and I stopped there today to check it out. Apparently it has a JDM STi engine in it, but the body is in VERY rough shape. The interior doesn't look to be in great shape. That's not the "interesting" part.

What was interesting was when I called the guy to see how much he wanted for it (I was thinking about offering like $4k max because it needs a bunch of body work and new paint) that freaking guy wants $15k!! The car is BEAT. And it's a bugeye regular Imprea. It didn't even start as a WRX. Hell you can get a 2004 STi for $15k and that's the real thing.

It just astounds me what people want for cars around here.

Another thing, I know this car has been brought up, but I saw that white Evo X with the black rims drive by (while looking at the Impreza). Whoever drives that car drives it just like an SRT-4. What I mean by this is the owner has definitely put a loud BOV on it. And whoever happened to be driving it made sure to take it out of VAC in every gear so that the BOV would sound of with full sound. They weren't even accelerating hard. Just driving it making sure the BOV was going off loud on every damn gear change.

I don't know about you guys, but that kinda crap drives me crazy. Is it just the Evo X guys?? Most CT9A guys don't do that kinda stuff. Just my rant for today.

How about that damn heat??
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:23 PM

Sp yesterday i met a chick who has a white X with a black carbon fiber hood and some black rims, she was a looker, but she didnt really want to talk about her car like it was a big secret or something,

also, today, I got a call from the dealership, and they said they are sending the head back to the machine shop, cuz they dont think the machine shop did anything to it, if it comes back the same way, then they are going to order a new head from MMA and see where it goes from there
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Can someone recommend a tuner in the Lejeune/Cherry Point area? I need some parts installed and a tune.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

No tuners around here for an Evo X.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RREvoX08
Sp yesterday i met a chick who has a white X with a black carbon fiber hood and some black rims, she was a looker, but she didnt really want to talk about her car like it was a big secret or something,

also, today, I got a call from the dealership, and they said they are sending the head back to the machine shop, cuz they dont think the machine shop did anything to it, if it comes back the same way, then they are going to order a new head from MMA and see where it goes from there

See my above statement. Based on her being a "looker" and having a VTA BOV I truly believe that she is probably either completely useless or completely clueless....maybe both!

Sucks about your car though!!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Come down to Fayetteville for an Evo X tune. We usually use the EPIC Motorsports Mustang Dyno. Everyone here does their own thing, but from Tehpra's NLTS to ODB Passing mods and general driveability we can help you out.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:32 AM

If you got all ams parts, i would just send your ecu out to them and have them tune it while your gone so it will be ready for you when you get here, at least that way, when you get home, you can install everything without having to worry, then sometime down the road, you can get a custom detailed tune, which would fine tweak the tune already esablished
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

I rather just get a custom tune the first time.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
Another thing, I know this car has been brought up, but I saw that white Evo X with the black rims drive by (while looking at the Impreza). Whoever drives that car drives it just like an SRT-4. What I mean by this is the owner has definitely put a loud BOV on it. And whoever happened to be driving it made sure to take it out of VAC in every gear so that the BOV would sound of with full sound. They weren't even accelerating hard. Just driving it making sure the BOV was going off loud on every damn gear change.

I don't know about you guys, but that kinda crap drives me crazy. Is it just the Evo X guys?? Most CT9A guys don't do that kinda stuff. Just my rant for today.

How about that damn heat??
Its not Evo X guys. It was just that guy. I got a decent amount of mods that Im waiting to get home to put on, and that doesnt include a BOV. And I have to agree man. That crap drives me crazy
Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:22 PM

RAY did you live in TT before

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos