Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
Good luck, Good guys at Majestic
Sorry Im not coming to you guys. Its a 3 hour drive and Majestic is about an hour drive.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Double Post

Last edited by RaysEvoX; Dec 24, 2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
What do you have needing to be installed ?

I think some of the locals can probably take care of you and save you quite a bit of cash in the long run. I'd definitely not mind doing the tune and installs. I need to get some more cash for my build when i get to it
AMS DP w/ O2 Sensor
ETS Tubular Manifold
Blouch Dom 2.0 Turbo
255 Fuel Pump w/ Housing
AMS Fuel Rail
DW 800cc Injectors
Cosworth MX1 Cams
Hallman RX Pro Boost Controller(Not Sure Yet)

I also have Eibach Pro Kit Lower Springs, AMS Motor Mounts. These are not a must but I have them waiting to be put on. I plan on getting a AFR Gauge and some Main/Head Studs.

I have a good Craftsman set of tool, would need a couple of others tools but we could do it in my driveway and Ill supply the beer. lol

Last edited by RaysEvoX; Dec 24, 2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor

I really suggest someone who has experience doing your install on those parts my friend. The X's are a lil diff to work on than a older model, and if you have never had experience doing cams on a timing chain motor you should really consider having someone do it. We understand it is closer for you but a 3hr drive for someone who has tuned countless evos and put out many 450-600hp evos or a shop and hr away with not all that much experience tuning evos but builds some nice supras... up to you my friend
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
What do you have needing to be installed ?

I think some of the locals can probably take care of you and save you quite a bit of cash in the long run. I'd definitely not mind doing the tune and installs. I need to get some more cash for my build when i get to it
The X is a totally different animal.
GL,
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really suggest someone who has experience doing your install on those parts my friend. The X's are a lil diff to work on than a older model, and if you have never had experience doing cams on a timing chain motor you should really consider having someone do it. We understand it is closer for you but a 3hr drive for someone who has tuned countless evos and put out many 450-600hp evos or a shop and hr away with not all that much experience tuning evos but builds some nice supras... up to you my friend
I definitely agree with this. No Evos have been tuned in town. Install is one thing, tune is a whole other. I bet you Forced Performance may give you a discount on the tune if they do your installs. You are probably on 96 or leave right now so it's not like taking a little trip would hurt. I'm still in town, I would probably take a trip to see the guys in Fayetteville.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ch53avitech
Well, I DO have an rear o2 sensor. I think I found the problem with the P0138 code. The black wire that comes out of the o2 Simulator is missing it's ground. That should be an easy fix. When I get a BR TBE I'll do the spark plug anti-fouler fix. Do you need 2 or can you just use one anti-fouler?

I'm also buying the IAC from the totaled IX in Fayetteville. So I might have that swapped out next week also.
Originally Posted by alicea8541
If you have an O2 sim it may have gone bad, it is an electronic device, or a wire may have come undone.

Sounds like deja vu all over again. That's right I said that already.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

You can test the IAC to make sure it is bad before you waste money on another one.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

I received a sexy piece of stainless pipe yesterday, aka my new UICP. That piece is HOT!!!
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RaysEvoX
I have been looking for a shop to install some parts and tune my X. Everyone pointed to Force Performance. I called Majestic Motorsports(known for building Surpas), just to see if by chance they had a AWD dyno. They told me they do have one but they dont have the front rollers hooked up yet. That they will be ready for the first of the year. So, to save me a 3 hour trip, Im gonna have them install the rest of my parts and tune my car. They build some of the fastest Supras in the nation, so I figure why not see what they can do with an AWD car. Im planning/hoping on getting everything done in Febuary.
Crap read it to fast and just noticed the February in there.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 08:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear you got it Ben, sorry for the holdup. Guess that is the price you pay for almost stealing product lol. Cant wait for you to get everything the way you want it and come check us out for a tune
Old Dec 24, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alicea8541
You can test the IAC to make sure it is bad before you waste money on another one.
...how?
Old Dec 24, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

There's a how to on here somewhere. Pretty much you pull it out, turn the key to on position, don't start the car, and the IAC motor will move out if it is good. If it is bad it won't do anything.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to hear you got it Ben, sorry for the holdup. Guess that is the price you pay for almost stealing product lol. Cant wait for you to get everything the way you want it and come check us out for a tune
As soon as I get it in I will be sending them my old pipes which are then being replaced for a nominal fee. I will then have to sell them to recover my money, so if anyone is looking I may be able to hook you up. UICP plus version 2 intake in brushed stainless, very sexy if you ask me.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

You got a point, maybe I can make a trip your way sometime soon considering I got some days off for the Holidays, that is if you guys will be open.

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos