Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will do man
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
Ben, what u wanna do with this stencil? I have somebody from Jville coming tomorrow for a tune who could bring it back

I will do NO SUCH THING!!!

No, I'm kidding. If he wants I don't mind grabbing that. I have an ETS FMIC myself.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:06 PM
Former Sponsor

lol, you guys can have a community stencil too when everybodys starts chipping
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the funny thing about the stencil Jules.....

Old Feb 18, 2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by alicea8541
If I don't have to go to the field on Friday I will be out there on Saturday.
* i mean sat. Field on a friday?.. ****ty. I dont have any of my gear so im pretty much just using my buddies gun, renting a tank, trying to find a forgotten pod, and wingin it. Lol. gonna be rockin the jeans and t shirt all over again
Old Feb 18, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My company left on a 9 day field op today and I graduate my course tomorrow. Of course they wanted me to get out there tomorrow. Almost had to get ugly just to get the weekend off. I'm good though. Two of my guys and myself will be out there playing. Been over 2 years since the team has played. Work ups and deployments kind of ruined it for us.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't keep us in suspense how did the car do today Dan?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 04:38 PM

got 2 of my buddies goin too, im just the one who is up in the air at the moment lol. all depends on if navy fed can get my new atm card tomorrow or if its gonna be late.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sitting around 376/368 (if I remember correctly. I'll post the graph in a little it's in the car). The injectors are really holding me back. Apparently their dyno reads super low so who the hell knows what that is on a dynojet. I'm happy because my baseline was around 330 so I think that's a really good gain. Car feels smooth and pulls good. Haven't really gotten on it super hard because I wanted to give it a break for a little (2 hour drive there, dyno pulls almost immediately for a couple hours then a 2 hour drive back).

Anyone planning on making mid 300's or so that wants to buy some 750's?? I have to pick up some 1000's.

Overall I had a great experience. They got right to work on my car. Like I barely got to pull up and get out of my car before they were taking my keys and getting to work. I was impressed. The guys there seemed to know what they were doing, were enthusiastic and kept me updated as the progress went.

I'll probably write a review in the feedback area, but I'm very pleased with my tune and the way the guys down at Epic treated us.

edit: the one thing I will probably have to talk to Justin about is that the RPMs get kind of hung up now. It's only in slowng down situations. Like i was driving through the drive through at Wendy's and pulling up to the window with the clutch fully pressed in the RPMs hang near 2k for a few seconds before settling back down. Now sure what would cause this, but the car did it a few times throughout the journey. Doesn't seem like a big deal I'm just curious.

Here's a pic of my car on the dyno. Unedited and unspectacular looking. Although I do like the headlights a lot better blacked out.

Last edited by SRTRaceR04; Feb 18, 2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

glad it pulls good man. Very nice/clean car. We look forward to having you back down when you get some injectors and talk to me bout that COP that made a huge difference on your car
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Good numbers man. There dyno does read low. I cant wait to get my car back to them for cams install and retune.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:56 AM

meet this weekend? very good, yes?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
I'm sitting around 376/368 (if I remember correctly. I'll post the graph in a little it's in the car). The injectors are really holding me back. Apparently their dyno reads super low so who the hell knows what that is on a dynojet. I'm happy because my baseline was around 330 so I think that's a really good gain. Car feels smooth and pulls good. Haven't really gotten on it super hard because I wanted to give it a break for a little (2 hour drive there, dyno pulls almost immediately for a couple hours then a 2 hour drive back).

Anyone planning on making mid 300's or so that wants to buy some 750's?? I have to pick up some 1000's.

Overall I had a great experience. They got right to work on my car. Like I barely got to pull up and get out of my car before they were taking my keys and getting to work. I was impressed. The guys there seemed to know what they were doing, were enthusiastic and kept me updated as the progress went.

I'll probably write a review in the feedback area, but I'm very pleased with my tune and the way the guys down at Epic treated us.

edit: the one thing I will probably have to talk to Justin about is that the RPMs get kind of hung up now. It's only in slowng down situations. Like i was driving through the drive through at Wendy's and pulling up to the window with the clutch fully pressed in the RPMs hang near 2k for a few seconds before settling back down. Now sure what would cause this, but the car did it a few times throughout the journey. Doesn't seem like a big deal I'm just curious.

Here's a pic of my car on the dyno. Unedited and unspectacular looking. Although I do like the headlights a lot better blacked out.

The throttle hang...

I'd imagine the "issue" was when the fan kicks on and off. There is always a bit of lag because the car will raise the rpm to compensate for the voltage fluctuation when the fan comes on. Same with the A/C as well.... the value can be lowered a bit, i just always prefer to leave it on the high side because i rather a 1500 to 2k hang as opposed to 400 to 500 rpm bog while the car adjusts.

Im glad you were happy and it was nice meeting you... the guys at Force Fed definitely know their way around the platform and how to manage customer relations.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
The throttle hang...

I'd imagine the "issue" was when the fan kicks on and off. There is always a bit of lag because the car will raise the rpm to compensate for the voltage fluctuation when the fan comes on. Same with the A/C as well.... the value can be lowered a bit, i just always prefer to leave it on the high side because i rather a 1500 to 2k hang as opposed to 400 to 500 rpm bog while the car adjusts.

Im glad you were happy and it was nice meeting you... the guys at Force Fed definitely know their way around the platform and how to manage customer relations.

Thanks for the info. It didn't bother me at all the RPM's hanging a bit, I was just curious as to any explanation.

And yeah it was good experience for me. I'll definitely recommend them. If I had some smaller decals I'd throw them on the car just to advertise for them. Which is a big deal for me because I HATE decals and stickers and stuff.

We'll see how the car stacks up. One of my neighbors stopped by to chat and he's wanting to run. He has a Procharged 300C making around 520whp. It's good power, but a VERY heavy car.

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
glad it pulls good man. Very nice/clean car. We look forward to having you back down when you get some injectors and talk to me bout that COP that made a huge difference on your car
I'm really enjoying it so far.

I should have the 1000's ordered tonight so I would imagine they will be here by mid next week if all goes well. I'm definitely also going to pick up the COP. You just can't argue with the way the car ran with it on there. After that I'll definitely get back down there asap.

Thanks again!!

Last edited by SRTRaceR04; Feb 19, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paintballer81
meet this weekend? very good, yes?

I'm down. When??

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos