Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 09:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No im terribly sorry. Bobby will be out of town from friday for a week. So unless you can get up here tomorrow it will have to wait till next fri. As long as you are not idling from 10.0-11,8 or so i wouldnt worry about washing the cylinders out. You gotta thinkg a jump from 780 injectors to 1000 is about the same as having 880cc injectors from stockers with no tuning. It is going to be rich as hell and you might burn up a ton of gas. Go ahead and get you a spare set of plugs and let me know about that COP. I have two coming in soon.
I will be in Charlotte tomorrow afternoon till mid Friday for an Atreyu concert so just get with me on my cell if you need anything Bud.
If BY ANY CHANCE you can get down for a quick tune/re-scaling tomorrow(i know its a drive) Bobby will be avaliable from 5-6. He has a tune @4 but it is a bolt on car and shouldnt take terribly long.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 09:47 PM
Former Sponsor

The only other thing you MAY be able to do is have Bobby Send you the injector scaling for 1000's but you would have to load it yourself.

Shoot him and BigRic in the fville thread a PM and see if they can shoot it to you if you can load it
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Much appreciated man. I'll see if I can get out there tomorrow by 5. I really want the retune, but if I have to just have them scaled until I can get out there next week or so then I'll do that. Otherwise the car is just going to sit until then and that's a bummer.

I just need the tactrix cable and the other programs and I should be good to load it up right (if I can't make it there tomorrow)? I have to get with Ben to give him his stencil anyway so I'll see if he can help me out with that because he has that stuff.

Either way I'm going to see if I can get my *** out there tomorrow because I would much rather tune for the 1000's than just scale them back. My plan on the COP is to tune for it like last time and probably pick it up in a week or 2. Just trying to get all my funds together for all my projects. I'm trading my APR front end for a stock silver 9 front bumper with an SE lip. So I have to pay to get that painted blue. Then have to paint my stock blue 8 front bumper silver for my other Evo.

Anyway thanks man. I'll get with BigRic and Bobby (although I don't know his name on the forums) and see if I can get the scaling file just in case I can't make it tomorrow. I'll shoot you a text tomorrow morning and let you know how the day is shaping up!!
Old Feb 27, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psquared
Wow..taking the intake manifold off is a piece of work. Not terribly hard, but a ton of stuff to get out of the way. That lower bracket could be a pita to deal with, I just left it in place and am working around it. I got everything off, and then realized the alternator upper bracket is holding the IM in place. 2 bolts and it'll be off. I guess you can say the car will be down for a long while, while waiting on stuff to get back from porting.
I took off my head and intake yesterday.Those back intake bolts are a pita!Also if you you dont mind telling me how much you are paying to get the intake & TB ported from PPI?Whats your turn around time?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

His site claims 2-3 days. It's been a week and a half..so it's NOT fast. I emailed him today to get an estimate on the return, but no reply yet. His pricing is pretty solid as to what the website says. If you're in a time crunch opt for the core's. I'm not in a hurry because I sent out my mild steel IC piping to ETS to swap out for stainless and have them weld on my TiAl bov flange.

Yeah, those back bolts are a bit of a pain. Did you remove the rear bracket? I just took the 2 upper bolts out bc the lower ones are waaay down there. You really don't have to remove it to get the IM out anyhow.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I took them off.It made it easier for me to pull the head with the intake still connected.I pulled my head at a good time because cylinder 4 almost had coolant in it from stretched head bolts.I'm about to install arp head studs/springs/retainer and put my kelfords in.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Cool..I just did my head studs. I'm sure you're aware, but make sure you get ALL oil out of the head stud holes in the block. You can't compress oil, and you'll think you have the stud all the way in, and it's really not. I used a hose on the end of my shop vac to get it all out.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i was aware of it.I had a buddy that happen to.It would suck to do all that work and got to do it again for something that dumb.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 09:09 PM

anyone know of a good place near jville that i can get a clutch done at?

I was thinking national speed, seems like a soild shop.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

Whats up guys. Whats the latest news?
Old Feb 28, 2010, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

DO NOT take it to National Speed. Have the guys at East Coast Performance do it for you. They've done several for the guys around here with zero problems. If you would like a list of about 50 reasons NOT to take it to Nat speed...ask me.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

I know when I was there in lejuene I took my car to ECS for my clutch and they did a good job.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by STIKILLA1084
I know when I was there in lejuene I took my car to ECS for my clutch and they did a good job.
Hunter, you will definitely want to get it done at ECP on 258 right across the street from Marine Federal at the triangle.

Last edited by alicea8541; Feb 28, 2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Yup, price is very good and turn around time is very quick. I'm heading to Wilmington to play hockey, I'll txt you on my way back if you guys are out riding.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ch53avitech
Whats up guys. Whats the latest news?
Andrew,
How goes the clean up efforts in Haiti? Situation here is normal as usual. Weather has been playing games with us lately, very cold, but hopefully soon it will start warming up.

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos