Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and hey bob, u down for playin some puck tonite, im gonna head down later. ill be stayin down there tonite though, goin to the bars afterwards (with the glorious hockey smell of course) and then crashin at my buddies for the game tomorrow...post up if ya wanna go, or feel free to gimme a call...
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need to but I am watching my daughter right now.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Bob it sucks to hear about Scott not helping you out. I guess some people have better customer service than others. I wasn't able to make the trip down today. had some things come up, however I did link up with ben and did a little install. Finally got my Forge WGA put on. Seems like everything is set right. Had to up my boost to get it back to 25psi.

Jer, washed mine yesterday, for the today but never made it.

What is everyone doing for the Super Bowl?

Having a little get together tonight for the UFC fight. If interested in hanging out let me know.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmm play hockey or watch guys beat the **** ut of eachother.....hmmm ill let ya know...as for the game, im watching it at my friends down in hampstead, ur more than welcome to join us if yad like nick, bob, ben
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

and what do you guys use to wash em, i.e soap...
Old Feb 2, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah, nick, i was driving behind you yesterday down marines road towards courthouse bay (i was in our giant duty van, read as: "free candy" child molester van lol) and i gotta say, your car sounds so damn good. every other time ive seen ya, ive been in my car and my el-cheapo exhaust kindda drowns yours out...just thought id throw you some more props lol...
Old Feb 2, 2008, 01:31 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigric09
you need to get with subydudesti and post the situation on the boards in the evo general forum.... post how you asked TTP to correct the situation and he said you'd have to go thru cosworth. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SLANDER TTP. Reason being, the boards will close the thread, but if you keep it factual, make it known that you are upset with the cams, make it known you attempted to contact Scott for help and he pushed you off on Cosworth instead of taking the cams back and handling the situation himself.
They should also contact CharlesJ to get permission to post a review of what happened. Even if they are nice about the situation, the mods may close it if they don't PM CharlesJ first. Just something to think about since I don't want their thread to get closed on a technicality.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psquared
Well, I went to F-ville, only to return hours later....E VOL IX checked out my cams (cosi's) and noticed that the dowel in the end for the cam gear looked like one of the guys over there that ended up blowing up his engine. The dowel on the end is tapered, not straight. The pic on the left is my cam, the tapered one....the one on the right is another exact cam, but with a straight dowel. We decided not to chance it, and I'll have to deal with it thru Cosworth.....
Hey Psquared whats up bro? Hey any news on the cams yet. Let me know asap because I sent mine back to TTP a few days ago and havent heard anything back from them. I tried calling Scott @ TTP but no freaking answer, the cell phone would ring once but then he would just mode my call . I sent him a text about your situation last night but no response . This sh*t focking sucks bro. First a blown engine and now no cams at all.WTF Hit me back and let me know if you find out anything, goodluck bro
Old Feb 2, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

I think you should send them to cosworth...

discuss in fay thread.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MREvolution06
Bob it sucks to hear about Scott not helping you out. I guess some people have better customer service than others. I wasn't able to make the trip down today. had some things come up, however I did link up with ben and did a little install. Finally got my Forge WGA put on. Seems like everything is set right. Had to up my boost to get it back to 25psi.

Jer, washed mine yesterday, for the today but never made it.

What is everyone doing for the Super Bowl?

Having a little get together tonight for the UFC fight. If interested in hanging out let me know.
how is the boost spike ? i have a graph of the local green without the HP actuator and its way different than yours. I may have a way to fix yours, or at least something to try
Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't heard anything back from cosworth. I sent them an email yesterday. I didn't try calling b/c of the weekend. If scott wont offer me a swap with a new cam, I'll have to deal with cosworth directly, which may be a pain.

You sent your's back to TTP?...did they tell you to do that, and what were they going to do about it? Swap them?....
Old Feb 3, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psquared
I haven't heard anything back from cosworth. I sent them an email yesterday. I didn't try calling b/c of the weekend. If scott wont offer me a swap with a new cam, I'll have to deal with cosworth directly, which may be a pain.

You sent your's back to TTP?...did they tell you to do that, and what were they going to do about it? Swap them?....
I dont think Cosworth will do anything, I've already talked to them 3 times. They think that I'm just trying to "Hustle" them, thats what he said to me. Well when I talked to Scott the other day, he told me that he would look at them and try to swap them out for me, which I was hoping thats what he was going to do, but I think he just changed out the dowels on the cams. I think thats the last thing I'm buying from TTP ever.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

I was gonna send in my cam, but he said he pulled out your dowel with a vice grip....so I asked him if he could just send me the dowel. I'll try to swap it myself. I just looked at their shipping and return policy.

**No returns on high performance parts. On a case by case basis, trades of equal or greater value will be considered at the sole discretion of management.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

nice... well atleast it is getting taken care of.... hate u missed it yesterday man
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:53 PM
EvoM Community Team

deleting post...will send a PM

Quick Reply: Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville Evos