Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Any dealer love in the SouthEast?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any dealer love in the SouthEast?

I've done my research and am buying an EvoX GSR.

Went to a local dealer here in South Carolina and they won't deal below MSRP. They've got three Evo's on the lot and have had them for months. Looking at West Coast prices and the cars sitting there, I won't pay MSRP. I also don't really want to ship a car across the country but will if I ultimately need to.

Does anyone know a Mitsu dealer between Charlotte and Atlanta that will deal?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

I bought mine at Dick Smith Mitsubishi in Greenville, SC I had a order on it and paid MSRP. I got the first one they had. I went by there yesterday and they had 3 GSR's one black, Graphite and the red. The graphite and red have been sitting there for about 4 months, so I am sure they are ready to deal. Also they have been running alot of commercial for the dealership that said they are dealing on everything. If you are local by me dont get the graphite because that is the color i have...lol

Now that i read your post again, we may be talking about the same place.

Last edited by scottatyamaha; Jun 30, 2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:25 AM

What part of the state do you live in?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Sometimes it's just cheaper to have it shipped. Even with a thousand dollars in shipping charges, places like SouthCoast and Don Herring in Dallas still come in hundreds below invoice. It's just really hard to take any other deal over invoice, all things considered.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Shipping mine from South Coast to the terminal in Durham NC was about $3400 cheaper than buying local, all NC taxes included.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by evostang
Shipping mine from South Coast to the terminal in Durham NC was about $3400 cheaper than buying local, all NC taxes included.
What did you pay? If you don't mind me asking...
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Moving to SE regional, I think you'll get a better response.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:17 PM

I went to Dick Smith. They've had the red one since the car show which was January. Absolutely no deal. I was surprised because not only have the cars been there for months but I was the only one there on a Saturday afternoon.

I was looking at the gray with the nav. I drove the black one.

Last edited by ibognar; Jun 30, 2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Wow they did not deal at all? I dont really think they are in the position to do that right now. They have been advertising hard trying to get people in there and then they wont even deal. I would call and ask for the salesmanger, I had to deal with him on a small problem after the sale and he really took care of me and thanked for my business. You may be able to get a little further with him. The salespeople must think because it is a EVO that it is gold, but I am sure if the salesmananger knew that there was a prospective buyer he would be eager to get your business.

I guess you are in the Upstate area....I actually live in Easley. This is my third EVO, let me know if you end up buying one or need any advice. Good Luck!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:55 PM

Do you have any experience with the Mitsu place in Easley? They have 2 on their lot. Haven't tried them yet.

I'm in Greenville.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

No comment^
Old Jun 30, 2008, 06:33 PM

I bought mine from Stivers and paid $1000 over factory invoice for it, but they have been a PITA since I bought it.... Try Griffin Mitusbishi in Rock Hill.... That's where I have my car serviced at....
Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mzderrick04
I bought mine from Stivers and paid $1000 over factory invoice for it, but they have been a PITA since I bought it.... Try Griffin Mitusbishi in Rock Hill.... That's where I have my car serviced at....
You bought yours from Stivers? I KNOW they are jerks. Try and order something from their parts department. I can assure you that you won't get what you ordered.

Personally, seeing the prices they have out there in Cali, I'd buy one there and ship it or drive it back. The prices are unreal. The problem is dealing with the dealers here in SC. Some people say Charleston is good...
Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:24 PM

Charleston has 5 or so Evo's right now. I bought mine from there last night. PM me for any questions.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
You bought yours from Stivers? I KNOW they are jerks. Try and order something from their parts department. I can assure you that you won't get what you ordered.

Personally, seeing the prices they have out there in Cali, I'd buy one there and ship it or drive it back. The prices are unreal. The problem is dealing with the dealers here in SC. Some people say Charleston is good...
Yeah I bought it from Stivers... I have already had a run in with the service dept about my seats.... I had to get the service mgr involved and he is a jerk off... LOL

The only place I buy my parts from is Griffin Mitsubishi in Rock Hill... Mike has done us right on parts for the last 4 years... He is GREAT and I get a kick *** discount...

Quick Reply: Any dealer love in the SouthEast?