Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Central Florida Time Attack / Circuit Racing...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 05:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Central Florida Time Attack / Circuit Racing...

I want to see how many people in the Florida / Central Florida or the South East region have an interest in Time Attack or Circuit Racing. The Evo was built for these events (Rally Car Racing / Circuit Racing / Time Attack) and going down a 1/4 track is only fun for those 11/12 seconds. I want to see a car perform under braking, handling, acceleration and cornering. A good car under all conditions with a good driver.

WarmUp Lap:

THIS IS TIMEATTACK PRO CLASS

TIME ATTACK SILVERSTONE 2007 Trailer of event

1. Who is interested in something like this?

2. Anyone know of tracks / places or circuits that are good for time attack?

I know JenningsGP is in Jennings, Florida and is a great track for sport bikes. I wonder if they would allow circuit/ time attack racing?

Discuss...

Last edited by compscibOi; Jul 28, 2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Quite a few Evo's do, just not many from here. All these guys like to do is spray, boost, and burn-out Cept George, Dave, among others

Try these:

First start reading the motorsports section, quite a bit of good tips for tracking and driving home safely afterwards.

www.skipbarber.com <- learn before you break your 30k dollar ride, or worse yourself. No you don't have to do the full 3 day 3k dollar deal but it's a lifetime experience.

Then drive your ride:
www.safemotorsports.com
www.chinmotorsports.com
www.drivenasafl.com
http://www.gorally.com/erssite/ <- prolly the cheapest way and closest to Orl

Then if you got the time, money, ...money.....and time with some more money, you could compete.

FL Tracks include Sebring, Moroso, Homestead, that Rally school, then you go into Roebling Road, Road Atlanta and so forth further north. Good luck, PM me any questions i'd be happy to answer.

Last edited by Balrok; Jul 28, 2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Awesome information. I wanted to say that this does not have to be on a "Professional Level" It could be a group of say 10 competing against the clock. Even sanctioned off road circuits in compliance with local law enforcement.

Just something about putting up a hot lap and competing for times makes me want to "Wake up and Drive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llk_oFllEwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHS3Gm9UMJ8

Last edited by compscibOi; Jul 28, 2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Matt said ^^^^

Try Solo (autocross). It's cheap, easy to get involved with, almost impossible to prang your car & is simple in concept--but actually very difficult to be fast

http://www.cfrsolo2.com (local SCCA)

http://www.martinsportscarclub.net/event_results (shameless plug of the club I'm involved in)

To answer your original question in an Auto-X text. A well-prepped, modded & properly driven Evo will run with ANY fendered car...
Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

If you set something up let me know ill take the X out.. Jenning is only about an hour from jacksonville.

here is a video of the racetrack i found on youtube with bikes going around it. I did notice it looks 3 cars wide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCbpK...eature=related
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:12 PM
Account Disabled

If I ever went to Jennings GP, I would take the GSXR-1000 and the Evo. Not until now have I thought about running a car around the track. I just might have to call Jennings and see what it would take for a time attack event to be held there. Charge a small entry fee, a day for cars only or something - just to cover the track rental. Hell... If there was enough interest... I am sure they may go for it.

I would be willing to rent an RV and camp out for a weekend trip. Spread the word and see how much of an interest there is. GPS calculated lap times, 2 warm up laps and 3 time attack laps. Best lap of 3 goes up on the board. After the first round, everyone gets a go ahead one more time, then the results are posted up. After one last time the results will be who lapped the best time out of all three.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

I don't want to rain down, but I'd be very shocked if any privately or otherwise owned track would run an open time attack with just anybody. There's MASSIVE amounts of insurance, safety, legal stuff involved, trained corner workers, race directors, race stewards, etc etc etc. Way more then drag racing. That's the reason so many clubs exist because they are a corporation that you sign a waver to agreeing that if you get injured or die, it's all on you. Most tracks have a similar form that you also have to sign, but it can't be just that on it's own, in most cases anyway. Unless your REALLY hooked up with the owners or something. It's all about the dollars to those guys...sadly

My suggestion is to get involved with Nasa, work you way up (which you can do QUICKLY if you go often enough) and get official ranked time trails for as much dough as you want to spend. It's the best of both worlds, you get to compete and if someone hits you or otherwise, you can count on someone trained on-site to save your life.

However if you had one car on at a time, and the track was disparate enough for cash, i can see it is a distinct possibility like you were leading to. Never hurts to ask i guess But it scares the hell out of ...well everyone when anyone with little to no track experience is driving at the limits, everybody gets red mist and all hell breaks loose...so if ya'll got some experience or can get some instructors, DO IT.

Last edited by Balrok; Jul 28, 2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 07:35 AM
Account Disabled

I would take it extremely slow at first. Not sure how running a car around the track would be any different than going aroudn the track on the bike at the same track. If they can do it on two wheels, they can sure do it on four.

Just wish there were more "tracks" around here other than 1/4 and 1/8 12 second wonders... Daytona would be a decent area, but then again as you stated... $$$$$$$

Too bad we couldn't cordon off a few interstate on ramps and off ramps... kind of where you block the public off in Europe and run sanctioned events that go along public roads. HA! In my dreams.... it's worth dreaming about though. They do it in Europe. When I lived there I loved watching it. It was insanely cool!!

I would be willing to pay.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

I could see a FL tarmac rally, no one's had the ***** to set one up yet....they have a simular rally/autocross down in the Keys, George knows what it is, forget the name, dangerous as hell cause there's 4 feet of water on either side of an 8foot road, talk about a rush
Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1
What Matt said ^^^^

Try Solo (autocross). It's cheap, easy to get involved with, almost impossible to prang your car & is simple in concept--but actually very difficult to be fast

http://www.cfrsolo2.com (local SCCA)

http://www.martinsportscarclub.net/event_results (shameless plug of the club I'm involved in)

To answer your original question in an Auto-X text. A well-prepped, modded & properly driven Evo will run with ANY fendered car...
so every month you run at tavares? if you do can i ride with you i just want to see how a pro does it
Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:42 PM
Account Disabled

Any course would be hella sick and an awesome ride to run.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8fl
so every month you run at tavares? if you do can i ride with you i just want to see how a pro does it
Pro....psssssssssssshhhhhh pffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttt, *ducks and runs away*
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:03 PM
Account Disabled

So everyone else who viewed this thread is only interested in DD or straight line 1/4 drag racing in a rally bred Evo?

You domestic car owners who hide behind Evo steering wheels!!

/sad!
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
I could see a FL tarmac rally, no one's had the ***** to set one up yet....they have a simular rally/autocross down in the Keys, George knows what it is, forget the name, dangerous as hell cause there's 4 feet of water on either side of an 8foot road, talk about a rush

It's called the Bay Bottom Crawl--it's nuts

In-car of a mustang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqQS2...s=0&fr2=rs-top

BTW, I'm not a pro, I just play one on Sundays...

Jennings is a bike track only, FYI.

Some friends of mine are organizing a Time Attack-type of event @ the new track in Starke sometime this fall. I plan on being there...
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
Account Disabled

I was just waiting for a deer to come out the side and BAM! Jennings is a bike only track, but it "COULD" be a great time attack circuit.

Quick Reply: Central Florida Time Attack / Circuit Racing...