Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009 | 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

nice what wheels did u get?
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
I agree Ali. It's only money, can't take it with you so you might as well enjoy it! I just placed my order for my wheels so I'm looking forward to getting them in soon! I'll post up pics in a few weeks probably.
Rims would be the 1st thing you buy for the car...haha...well come on man...you can't just say you bought rims and not post a picture for us...
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

^ no ****!
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
clips of fast evos, need to start getting seriouse about mine soon here.
would love to get some experiencing in welding and start fabing ****. i think it would be fun!
I think durham tech is offering welding classes for $50, its a 6 weeks deal, 2 sessions/week, i might do it some day.
. it is fun.....you should take them
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

ya a buddy of mine did it and sai dthat he learned a lot!

one of the things i have always wanted to try fabing is a custom o2 housing with a stainless steel fleixable dump hose, after seeing how many vendors struggling with fitment issues, it seems to me its worth a try replacing the tube with a high temp ss hose.
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Rims would be the 1st thing you buy for the car...haha...well come on man...you can't just say you bought rims and not post a picture for us...
Well I don't have any pictures yet because I don't have the wheels yet! lol

Here's a link to the wheels:
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1147

Really wanted to get a BBS wheel but it's too hard to find the right offsets for the 1. Looking forward to getting these in though. And there's not a whole lot that's really worth doing to the 1. The JB3 is proven effective, but exhausts are WAY too expensive.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 05:03 AM

Black Evo IX on Corporate Center Dr. near Trinity Rd. yesterday around 2PM...
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Say i were to get in on this: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...turboback.html

what do you guys do to pass inspections? Even if emissions works out it's still an automatic fail since there's no cat right?

I know it's another noob question but is it likely to get a CEL after installing one of these? Daniel - did you have to get one of those O2 senser spacers?
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoundBoy4
Say i were to get in on this: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...turboback.html

what do you guys do to pass inspections? Even if emissions works out it's still an automatic fail since there's no cat right?

I know it's another noob question but is it likely to get a CEL after installing one of these? Daniel - did you have to get one of those O2 senser spacers?
I have been running one of the spark plug anti fouler/02 sensor spacers for 45k miles and no problems...never has an SES for the 02 sensor...How long till your inspection is due?
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

it's in march, I hope that doesn't mean that most people swap their exhausts every year just for passing inspection?
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoundBoy4
it's in march, I hope that doesn't mean that most people swap their exhausts every year just for passing inspection?
March? sh*t man you have plenty of time...I'm sure some people swap exhausts every year but most probably just find someone to do their "inspection" for them...I know you can't have your SES light on at all because they hook the computer up to the OBD2 port & scan it & if you have any codes or pending codes up it will fail...
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

on my last evo i had the o2 spacers for almost 10k miles and no problem,
my current car, has 1 o2 spacer for almost 2k miles and no problems.

and if u couldn't find someone to do ur "inspection" and thoguth of swapping ur exhaust keep in mind that this downpipe, seems to be teh dc sport alike, where u woudl have to swap the downpipe as well, and not just a testpipe/cat replacment.

btw, that's a good price for an 80mm.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

btw i read some where on the net that the fayatville strip reads around 0.1-.2 secs slower than rock due to its track conditions ( not sure what they meant by that.... probably something has to do with the pavment friction) but for "those" that are short of .10 secs from thier goals, don't feel too bad, ur probably there already!
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

btw i read some where on the net that the fayatville strip reads around 0.1-.2 secs slower than rock due to its track conditions ( not sure what they meant by that.... probably something has to do with the pavment friction) but for "those" that are short of .10 secs from thier goals, don't feel too bad, ur probably there already!
I've read/heard that too...but when i went there I ran slower...track prep sucked...my 60 fts were pretty bad and thats when my tires were in a lot better shape then they are now too...Out of Rockingham, Darlington, & Fayetteville, Fville has been the best so far, best 60 fts, best ETs & MPHs...
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

and if u couldn't find someone to do ur "inspection" and thoguth of swapping ur exhaust keep in mind that this downpipe, seems to be teh dc sport alike, where u woudl have to swap the downpipe as well, and not just a testpipe/cat replacment.
oh yeah, i remember hearing about that on the ride back . I'm definitely not putting on any exhausts that i have to swap out every year. Where's a legit place around here that does good 'inspections'

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet