Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2009 | 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoundBoy4
oh yeah, i remember hearing about that on the ride back . I'm definitely not putting on any exhausts that i have to swap out every year. Where's a legit place around here that does good 'inspections'
I start a new job working for AAA in a couple weeks ill see what I can do...
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

congrats dude! now hook us all up with some good insurance rates since i am sure u will be the one setting the rates...lol
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
congrats dude! now hook us all up with some good insurance rates since i am sure u will be the one setting the rates...lol
Actually ill be working in their Car Care Center, Service Consultant/Sales Manager, but depending on which location they put me at most of them have insurance & travel offices too...so well see...
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

if its the one on Glenwood, ill be working next to you.

I work @ Auction Direct.

I can do the state inspection
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brokeazzlos

I work @ Auction Direct.

sh*t I wish it was the glenwood location...i only live 5 mins from there...as of right now I think I will be working at 1 in Durham but they said it a spot opens up at a closer location to my house they will try and transfer me...hopefully...
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brokeazzlos

I work @ Auction Direct.

do u know a trucker by the name of Reggie, he's from fville, and transports cars back and forth cross country.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Say i were to get in on this: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...turboback.html

what do you guys do to pass inspections? Even if emissions works out it's still an automatic fail since there's no cat right?

I know it's another noob question but is it likely to get a CEL after installing one of these? Daniel - did you have to get one of those O2 senser spacers?
Hey Robert, just get the whole thing with the test pipe....you can go to advanced auto and get the non foulers or you can get the o2 eliminator from gruppe-s....I think its like 10 bucks or something like that....I have had mine on my car for 3 years now and my old evo for 1 year and never had a light come on....You should be good with getting an inspection after its installed....
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Say i were to get in on this: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...turboback.html

what do you guys do to pass inspections? Even if emissions works out it's still an automatic fail since there's no cat right?

I know it's another noob question but is it likely to get a CEL after installing one of these? Daniel - did you have to get one of those O2 senser spacers?
Robert - that's the exact exhaust I had. Perfect fitment (Justin can attest to that). It actually comes with a spacer for the o2. I bought one not realizing it came with one. Give me a call if you have any questions. I loved that exhaust!

Edit - As for the emissions, I had to go someone to "pass it". It's possible that you could get it passed anyways if you got someone who didn't get under the car and look, but it looks like Los can inspect it for you when that time comes so problem solved!

Last edited by dbotkin5; Nov 18, 2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 06:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Actually ill be working in their Car Care Center, Service Consultant/Sales Manager, but depending on which location they put me at most of them have insurance & travel offices too...so well see...

SOOOO in blue collar terms... your gonna be a service writer? Kool be prepared to get cussed out alot lol
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

We turn them off in ecu flash. you can take the sensor off if you want
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
SOOOO in blue collar terms... your gonna be a service writer? Kool be prepared to get cussed out alot lol
I'm prepared...Ill smile and nod...
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 06:14 PM
Former Sponsor

good luck man, wassup with that? Just wanting to get into the business?
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

good luck man, wassup with that? Just wanting to get into the business?
My other job was killing me man...I was working 70 hrs a week doing **** that I fu*king hated...I wanted to try something new and get out of automotive jobs but I realized its what I enjoy doing...Obviously this isn't my dream job...haha...but I gotta start somewhere & AAA is a good company to work for...Trust me I would much rather be working in the automotive aftermarket like you but you guys aren't hiring yet...haha...
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 06:50 PM
Former Sponsor

well honestly its the best place to start. You will learn the "automotive hustle" and it will certainly carry over. Myself and Los have worked in all kind of shops and youll learn alot quick

but i have been a tech/service advisor/shop manager/service manager. It is a VERY VERY stressfull business, Los took almost a year brake from it and i started doing this after i couldnt take it anymore.

Last edited by Force-Fed Performance; Nov 18, 2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

well honestly its the best place to start. You will learn the "automotive hustle" and it will certainly carry over. Myself and Los have worked in all kind of shops and youll learn alot quick

but i have been a tech/service advisor/shop manager/service manager. It is a VERY VERY stressfull business, Los took almost a year brake from it and i started doing this after i couldnt take it anymore.
I already got that automotive hustle son...u know that...haha...i did some more hustling today actually...btw PMed you back...

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet