Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2008 | 09:03 AM

Alas, the Raleigh thread hath died...we hardly knew ye...
Old Oct 7, 2008 | 11:58 AM

Old Oct 7, 2008 | 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

This thread will never die! I'm thinking of building myself a big camera rig that would fasten itself to a car so i can take some professional rolling shots. The problem is i'm having a hard time convincing the wife that i need to spend a few hundred on a science project.

Would any of you be interested in paying (very cheap) for a pro photoshoot? It wouldn't just be rolling shots but some good stills and interior pics too. PM me if your interested I'm hoping i can round up at least four people. Here's an example of a rig shot btw: ://i13.tinypic.com/4grgeba.jpg
Old Oct 7, 2008 | 02:19 PM

How do we know you won't use the money to go buy mods and leave us POS stockers (ahem) in the dust...
Old Oct 7, 2008 | 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

im interested in paying you robert.. I OWE YOU ANYWAYS.. and im down for a meet this sunday... i got off monday leaving for wilmington so def see you guys sunday,,,

IM CALLING IT hooters on old wake forest 2pm
Old Oct 8, 2008 | 04:19 AM
Evolving Member

Alright, Justin stepping up calling things. Sorry I've been busy guys. I'll update the OP with Justin's decision above. I don't know if I'll make it to the meet this weekend or not. I think me and the girl are going to Wilmington this weekend on Sat. and Sunday so not sure what time I'll make it back
Old Oct 8, 2008 | 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 'Lectric_Blu_IX
How do we know you won't use the money to go buy mods and leave us POS stockers (ahem) in the dust...
The couple of times i've felt i was close to crossing over to the dark side i just take the evo out and park it at around 4000 rpms in 1st gear. Then i blast through what's left of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and slow the hell down. Then i realize this thing is pretty damn fast stock. Then, rinse and repeat every 2 weeks

Originally Posted by E VOL IX
im interested in paying you robert.. I OWE YOU ANYWAYS.. and im down for a meet this sunday... i got off monday leaving for wilmington so def see you guys sunday,,,

IM CALLING IT hooters on old wake forest 2pm
if i get two other people interested i'll go ahead and buy the rig materials. i don't think the link i posted worked... here's some examples of rig shots:
http://www.eastonchang.com/NSXGT/_F4U8721.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/4grgeba.jpg
Old Oct 8, 2008 | 01:18 PM
EvoM Community Team

I'm traveling on Sunday...again...sorry, but I can't make it
Old Oct 8, 2008 | 01:20 PM
EvoM Community Team

Hey guys, I think I'm done with my R32. I know, I go through cars like cheap hookers

The DSG is what's killing me...it's cool and all, but I miss a true manual transmission.

What do you guys think about the new M3 sedan? Robert, didn't your dad just buy one recently?
Old Oct 8, 2008 | 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
Hey guys, I think I'm done with my R32. I know, I go through cars like cheap hookers

The DSG is what's killing me...it's cool and all, but I miss a true manual transmission.

What do you guys think about the new M3 sedan? Robert, didn't your dad just buy one recently?
if ur going for the sedan just get the 335... or be a G and get the m3 coupe..
Old Oct 8, 2008 | 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03

Yeah he got an E46 which he loves... not what your looking for if you want a 'true' manual though. I agree with Justin, you can't go wrong with a 335.
Old Oct 8, 2008 | 07:03 PM

C63 AMG if you want a sedan. The M3 does not even compare when you drive the two.

Justin, what store are you working at now...need help with this exhaust
Old Oct 8, 2008 | 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

garner. on 70.. bout a mile before raynor road.. gimme a ring..

Hey my sis bday this weekend you and kenny have to come or she will be heart broken
Old Oct 8, 2008 | 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

I'll help keep this thread alive. BTW, I often see a yellow Evo heading in the opposite direction on 440 when I head to work and come home between Wade Ave and Lake Boone. I also see a Red Evo 8 that sounds modified delivering pizzas around the North Hills area. Anybody here?
Old Oct 9, 2008 | 04:02 AM

Awesome...the Raleigh scene needs all the help it can get!

I've also seen a yellow viii around North Hills and a modified red viii all over the Raleigh/Wake Forest area.

I saw a silver viii on Capitol Blvd. a while back...maybe it was you as I haven't seen too many silvers around...

Are you planning on coming to the meets?

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet