Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2009 | 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

You have the same exhaust I had right? If so, you're going to need to buy a new DP if you want to use a cat. The one piece DP/Midpipe was the only thing I didn't like about the exhaust.
Old Dec 5, 2009 | 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Robert trust me, i have done state inspections for almost 6 years and done exhaust fab and welding for 5 years, Hi flow cats are a bunch of BS. The ones that come with certain exhausts on the market i will not name are NO different than an aftermarket cat you would get installed on a regular car at a muffler shop. Saw it first hand when I installed somebodys exhaust with a "HFC" and was SHOCKED. They do NOTHING for power and 60-70% of the time only work on certain vehicles to run equivalent to the factory convertors. There was a huge huge deal going on about a year or two ago when i was still wrenching that No aftermarket cats would fix CEL's on Certain GM's and Honda's. So customers were forced to fork out over 2k for a factory cat. Sorry for going on and rambling but just stick to a catless exhaust with a cheap CEL fixer and you will never have a problem.
Old Dec 5, 2009 | 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

^^yeah i was thinking it'd be cut and have the cat welded onto it.

^Good points Justin, maybe i just need to grow a pair and forget about it. I don't disagree with anything you said, i'm just worried about maybe getting pulled over by a bored cop and having to pay a hefty fine because of it.

Probably the more cops i drive past that don't pull me over the more comfortable i'll be with it.
Old Dec 5, 2009 | 04:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Yea i really understand your concern. And not telling you to grow a pair or nothing. BUT i have been in this business a long time and have had PLENTY of my share of run ins with The Man and have got many pig friends. To be honest they will not hassle you whatsoever except for Tinted windows, and making sure your inspection/tags are good. Never, Ever, Ever have i had problems with cops in MY blacked out car except for those reasons, BC cops like Mechanics are lazy and just ready to go home. If they see your inspection and tags are good they could give two ****s if your car has a cat or not. You would be surprised the cars that run around illegal as hell and they dont care. You know TECHNICALLY a license plate frame is illegal? Its stuff like that, they honestly man just dont care and dont have time to crawl up under a car and worry. That and its really not worth the money or anything to put a HFC on the car? Cats, evap, air pumps, and EGR systems are the dumbest things ever put on cars
Old Dec 5, 2009 | 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Ali's fuel pump is in and doing MBC now...then hitting up Lynnwood Grill for some beers if anyone wants to come...
Old Dec 5, 2009 | 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SoundBoy4
^^yeah i was thinking it'd be cut and have the cat welded onto it.

^Good points Justin, maybe i just need to grow a pair and forget about it. I don't disagree with anything you said, i'm just worried about maybe getting pulled over by a bored cop and having to pay a hefty fine because of it.

Probably the more cops i drive past that don't pull me over the more comfortable i'll be with it.
I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the cops just don't give a **** like Justin said. I let a buddy drive my car the other day and I was driving next to him in his truck and my car is ****ing loud. I couldn't believe it. My house shakes when I turn it. I set car alarms off just starting it, I've been stopped twice and the only things the cops have asked me is if I like the Evo.
Old Dec 5, 2009 | 05:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Ali's fuel pump is in and doing MBC now...then hitting up Lynnwood Grill for some beers if anyone wants to come...

nice i may have to check u guys out.
Old Dec 5, 2009 | 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

I agree completely with what Justin said. I would get pulled over for the darndest of things, but usually if they are checking anything other than the aforementioned stuff its because they have an issue with you, not the car. Hell, I ran my full 3" no cat, TBE for almost three years in Germany, which are the biggest bozos when it comes to noise and so called exhaust pollution. I didn't get pulled over for either. And the same goes for here. But I still have a HFC if you need it.. hahaha..
Old Dec 5, 2009 | 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
nice i may have to check u guys out.
glad u & ur girl came & hung out tonight bi*ch...
Old Dec 6, 2009 | 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

daaam so many posts since i left.
robert, if it makes u feel better, i had a full 3'' straight pipe with no cat or muffler when i was up in mi till my neighbors started complaining..lol, I see where ur coming from, so i don;t blaim ya one bit. but hey don;t u always go "off raoding"?...lol

bj thank u much for lending me a hand and space, couldn;t have done it without ur blessings!
Old Dec 6, 2009 | 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
bj thank u much for lending me a hand and space, couldn;t have done it without ur blessings!
no problem buddy...anytime...all i needed to do was put my rubber gloves on...haha...now u just need a tune nukka...
Old Dec 6, 2009 | 01:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Good to see you guys tonight. I hope i opened your eyes a lil for what is to come from NC
Old Dec 6, 2009 | 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
Good to see you guys tonight. I hope i opened your eyes a lil for what is to come from NC
Well, are you going to enlighten the rest of us?
Old Dec 6, 2009 | 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor

in time
Old Dec 6, 2009 | 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

yea, tell us

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet