Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009 | 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Not a lot... everything's just so expensive. I found a front lip that I really want, but of course it's pricey. I really want to pick up a JB3 so I guess I better start saving.
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

11s ALL DAY
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoundBoy4
11s ALL DAY
haha calm down Mr. 135i...
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Daniel I think you need to check out a PROcede Rev. II CANbus PNP from Vishnu tuning. Seems Shiv pretty much turned his attn to BMW when the 335 came out.
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, it doesn't seem like a whole lot of people on the forums use the Procede but I really haven't done that much research into it. I think the JB3 may be the forum favorite just for its simplicity and it price relative to some of the other systems
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 07:13 PM
Former Sponsor

yes but i know vishnu does some incredible things and it seems to be alot more versatile than anything. I have done some reading on it and im not sure the price difference but it being a full PNP piggyback is nice and they offer a 15 day trial, if you dont like it they will do a full refund. This goes back to the age old follow the leader on the forums thing. Do what works for you, not what everybody else is doing. I think it would help for ya to give em a call
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, I really just haven't researched the other options that much but I'm in no hurry to mod this car because I really like this BMW free service and warranty lol We'll see once I get some more money. Right now I'm just glad the wheel/tire situation is straight

What's it take to get some Robert professional photos? Maybe even a BMW/Mitsu shoot.. I know you've gotta be itching to shoot those baller Volks
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

I fixed the issue on saturday night after all. The pipe hitting the diff was causing all the ruckus. It didn't go away by just removing the two middle hangers of the exhaust but I used those rubber pieces to push the exhaust even further down and that did the trick.

Thanks Ali, Daniel, and Justin.
I actualy meant to call ya today and see what u ended up doing this weekend. glad u got it resolved man!

so wait it was banging on the rear diff? and u were feeling it in gas pedal and it was only doing it in certain speeds...crazy &hit! try to take a pic of what u did, wanna see those spacers ur using.
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys do ya want to get together soon? Of course after xmas.

I need to get some fluid for awd system, and a new 02 senor for the cat... damn japs crossthreading 02 senors. arghhh.
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

what kind of fluids are u looking for and for what?

for the o2 sensor, check this site out.
http://www.oxygensensors.com/index.p...280&height=800
Old Dec 15, 2009 | 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
What's it take to get some Robert professional photos? Maybe even a BMW/Mitsu shoot..
A time is all it takes, and i'll take care of the place. This weekend is pretty much your last chance for '09. And we'll have to do the shoot between 4:30 and 5:30. Lemme know.

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
I actualy meant to call ya today and see what u ended up doing this weekend. glad u got it resolved man!

so wait it was banging on the rear diff? and u were feeling it in gas pedal and it was only doing it in certain speeds...crazy &hit! try to take a pic of what u did, wanna see those spacers ur using.
Whoa, sorry i guess i typed it wrong... the driver's side of the downpipe was hitting the right side of the transfer case. It was a very small spot that was touching but it was bangin pretty hard. What i think was happening was that the exhaust would shake at a certain frequency and it was bouncing back and fourth between the TC and the tie bar. I think it was vibrating and hitting the TC violently enough to where the hits were what i was feeling through the pedal.

I bought about twice as many washers and some longer bolts to space out the tie bar even more and pushed the exhaust down with the existing rubber hangers. I'll post a pic tonight for ya, honestly i think it's only a temporary fix... Those rubber things won't stay in place for ever.
Old Dec 15, 2009 | 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Djstorm100
hey guys do ya want to get together soon? Of course after xmas.

I need to get some fluid for awd system, and a new 02 senor for the cat... damn japs crossthreading 02 senors. arghhh.
A lot of the guys on the forums were dc5 owners too, why don't we have a bigger get together sometime in january with the rsx guys too? People keep asking for a meet on those forums as well.
Old Dec 15, 2009 | 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

^ ah i see what u mean now! glad those picture frame washers are doing a great job..lol
Old Dec 15, 2009 | 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

A lot of the guys on the forums were dc5 owners too, why don't we have a bigger get together sometime in january with the rsx guys too? People keep asking for a meet on those forums as well.
As a former DC5 owner, that sounds like a good idea to me. How about the end of January.. the weekend of the 23rd or 30th?

Also, I'm free this weekend if you want to try to get together. As of right now, it's not supposed to rain Friday, Sat., or Sunday. Of course, that's subject to change 20 mins from now haha
Old Dec 15, 2009 | 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

thought of sharing what i got in the mail today

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet