Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010 | 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like there's a UFC fight this weekend.. anyone wanna go to Hooters or something if we don't get snowed in again?
Old Feb 2, 2010 | 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
Looks like there's a UFC fight this weekend.. anyone wanna go to Hooters or something if we don't get snowed in again?
hell yeah....i just checked it out...sick fight card!! I really fu*king hope we don't get snowed in...ill go nuts...

fight card...

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Even....home&eid=2654
Old Feb 2, 2010 | 08:14 PM
szk

I dunno I think i'm down for more snow. n raleigh last saturday morning was dead... minus my Evo
Old Feb 2, 2010 | 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Alright, we'll plan on going then to Hooters off Airport Blvd then to catch the fight pending the weather.

BTW, any of you guys play basketball at all? I've been wanting to find a place to shoot around if anyone knows of any places close by. I'd even be interested in adult league games or something if anybody's involved in one of those.
Old Feb 2, 2010 | 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
Alright, we'll plan on going then to Hooters off Airport Blvd then to catch the fight pending the weather.

BTW, any of you guys play basketball at all? I've been wanting to find a place to shoot around if anyone knows of any places close by. I'd even be interested in adult league games or something if anybody's involved in one of those.
well lets setup a meet for saturday night for the fights...maybe update the OP...

I know a ton of people play basketball at the gym Ali & I go to in Cary, Lifetime Fitness....
Old Feb 2, 2010 | 08:22 PM
szk

I'll come out Sat.

Do most of you all know each other? Or will I be the weird new guy? ha
Old Feb 2, 2010 | 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by szk
I'll come out Sat.

u will be the weird guy...
Old Feb 2, 2010 | 08:25 PM
szk

So you're sayin i'm weird? wtf

lol
Old Feb 2, 2010 | 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by szk
So you're sayin i'm weird? wtf

lol

I guess well see on saturday...haha...
Old Feb 2, 2010 | 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
so a friend of mine is thinking of dropping a water2air cooled ic on his a4 build. any pros or cons he shoudl be aware of, beside having to add a bunch of parts?
not on that car
Old Feb 3, 2010 | 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, do you know of any drafting positions? I need a job bad and I'm trying to get in the drafting/cnc machined. I'm good in soildworks, autocad, picking up pro-e at the moment. I have a certification in mechanical drafting technology.
Old Feb 3, 2010 | 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

Oh yea, are we doing the rush hour thing?
Old Feb 3, 2010 | 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

^ you taking any learners on staff to work for peanuts?? or how bout just some tidbits of info if needed.. Im trying to get autocad and solidworks savvy myself..
Old Feb 3, 2010 | 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by szk
I'll come out Sat.

I dont know any of them, i just happen to run into them quite often..lol, u will be fine, everyone is real cool around.

Originally Posted by crewdawg130
not on that car
well why?lol i cannt just tell him our tuner gave me the thumb down without an explanation..lol

btw, u still have that ported hotside? who was it done by, and u know if its coated as well? lmk
Thanks

Originally Posted by Djstorm100
Hey guys, do you know of any drafting positions? I need a job bad and I'm trying to get in the drafting/cnc machined. I'm good in soildworks, autocad, picking up pro-e at the moment. I have a certification in mechanical drafting technology.

check with Aerotech, they are a staffing aganecy and they happen to have quite a bit of drafting positions. also check on craigslist, believe it or not, i find alot of openings on there somtimes.

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
^ you taking any learners on staff to work for peanuts?? or how bout just some tidbits of info if needed.. Im trying to get autocad and solidworks savvy myself..
save ur $$$, just get a laptop with solidworks on it and i will help u with it.
Old Feb 3, 2010 | 07:01 AM

another day

Posted by: atombomb33
On: Feb 2, 2010 06:45 AM

---Quote (Originally by bakerunc22)---
kinda off topic but I've been reading to get some kinda of nav in my X was looking at the Eclipseavn726e, anyone got a stock nav they wanna get rid of do they?
---End Quote---
Check this section of the forum: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...d-styling-274/

There is usually someone selling the stock Navi.

If you want to go aftermarket, there is a local Raleigh guy name Chris. His EvoM name is Koroshiya. He's got an aftermarket nav system.

A couple things for aftermarket. Best solution for the dash is the Japan OEM dash kit. It's about $200, but it's the best fit and looks 100% OEM. You can't use the OEM dash kit for the OEM Navi...and aftermarket Navi will not fit in it. Or, you can buy the Scosche dash kit. That one is pretty decent. Stay away from Metra...lots of fitment issues.

As far as which aftermarket Navi? There are so many options to choose from that it's hard to say. What's your budget? What features do you want? Are you planning to install speakers/amps/subs as well? Once you figure those things out that will help you figure out which head unit is right for you. From a quality standpoint, you really can't go wrong with a Pioneer, Alpine or Kenwood Navi.

Thanks adam, I'm looking to have navi built in so I don't have to use a garmin etc. I've looked at a few kenwoods they seem to have been pretty good quality, I've just always heard good things about eclipse too but. One day I would like to put a aftermarket sub in I have a L7 in box and amp already but with our trunk space I may just leave it out and hang with the rinky dinky stock sub. for now anyway lol.

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet