Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010 | 05:55 AM

Just a couple of events to mention this weekend.

All this weekend there is a classic car show at the Raleigh convention center. No imports that I know of however I'm sure there will be some very nice domestics there.

Also, there is a cruise-in at Grille 57 located in Garner. It is the third week of every month and all types of cars are welcome. Starts around 4pm however some cars will show up even earlier.
Old Aug 20, 2010 | 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

My grandparents are coming to visit this weekeng so I'm out this weekend. I'd like to check out the thing in Garner sometime though. Maybe next month
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 03:22 AM

Thanks for posting up those events, Rodney. If anyone's interested in the Classic car show, I believe it's $10 per person for admission...

There's also a boat show at the fairgrounds if anyone's interested in sea-faring vessels. $6 per person.

As Rodney mentioned, the Garner cruise-in happens each month. Also, as a reminder, the Cars and Coffee meet at Brier Creek happens the first Saturday of each month, and there's also a smaller Classic Car meet on the same day at Char-Grill off of Atlantic in Raleigh.

If anyone knows of anything other events or happenings that may be of interest, post them up!
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by 'Lectric_Blu_IX
Thanks for posting up those events, Rodney. If anyone's interested in the Classic car show, I believe it's $10 per person for admission...

There's also a boat show at the fairgrounds if anyone's interested in sea-faring vessels. $6 per person.

As Rodney mentioned, the Garner cruise-in happens each month. Also, as a reminder, the Cars and Coffee meet at Brier Creek happens the first Saturday of each month, and there's also a smaller Classic Car meet on the same day at Char-Grill off of Atlantic in Raleigh.

If anyone knows of anything other events or happenings that may be of interest, post them up!

Mike I think Jim and may be heading to one of the events later today. I'll let you know later.
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

I'll make sure to update the OP about the Cars & Coffee meet next weekend. Anybody interested in going to that next month??
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
I'll make sure to update the OP about the Cars & Coffee meet next weekend. Anybody interested in going to that next month??
You can count me in, I've been wanting to go to one of those for a while now.
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 03:11 PM

Went to the Auto Show at the Raleigh Convention Center. Don't bother to pay the $10 bucks to go inside. There's not much to see. However if you walk along Fayetteville St there are quite few cars and it is free. Here is a link to some of the cars on Fayetteville St. (http://www.wral.com/entertainment/im...llery/8171318/)

Also went to the Grille 57 cruise in. Jim and I were the only Evos there (Imagine that). A good number of older domestics and and occasional NSX and Porsche. A lot of nice older cars that were cool to look at.

To my surprise we did have quite a few people check out the Evos. Probably trying to figure what the heck kind of family car they were. And, one or to viewer who knew exactly what there were. Entertaining non the less.

Last edited by EVOXTCY; Aug 21, 2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

go karting at Rush Hour tomorrow vs the subie guys at 230-3 tomorrow
Old Aug 22, 2010 | 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by EVOXTCY
Went to the Auto Show at the Raleigh Convention Center. Don't bother to pay the $10 bucks to go inside. There's not much to see. However if you walk along Fayetteville St there are quite few cars and it is free. Here is a link to some of the cars on Fayetteville St. (http://www.wral.com/entertainment/im...llery/8171318/)

Also went to the Grille 57 cruise in. Jim and I were the only Evos there (Imagine that). A good number of older domestics and and occasional NSX and Porsche. A lot of nice older cars that were cool to look at.

To my surprise we did have quite a few people check out the Evos. Probably trying to figure what the heck kind of family car they were. And, one or to viewer who knew exactly what there were. Entertaining non the less.
Glad to hear you guys had a good time! Oh and thanks for calling me Rodney...I was out of pocket taking care of some things and didn't have my phone until last night.

Are you guys planning on going to the next Cars and Coffee meet?
Old Aug 22, 2010 | 10:19 AM

I'd like to hit up the cars'n'coffee next month as well, no promises though, work schedule is pretty busy lately.
Old Aug 22, 2010 | 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to hear you guys had a good time! Oh and thanks for calling me Rodney...I was out of pocket taking care of some things and didn't have my phone until last night.

Are you guys planning on going to the next Cars and Coffee meet?
I'll be there for sure Mike. I'll update the OP this week too for the next one.
Old Aug 25, 2010 | 08:27 AM

no more evo!!!!!
Old Aug 25, 2010 | 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

wow bro , i swear to god i opened up the raleigh thread and i meant to say "i heard tez is selling his x, any word on that?"

so what made u do that man? any plans for another/diff one?
Old Aug 25, 2010 | 12:05 PM

I thought I saw that car at Leith the other day...
Old Aug 25, 2010 | 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

first chris now tez...i swear i'm not planning on letting mine go...not yet anyways:-)

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet