Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011 | 05:13 PM

Ali, I went with StopTech pads.
Old Apr 3, 2011 | 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Dang Ali that sucks, but the IX is looking CLEAN!

I think I'm going to order my mufflers tonight and go with a double muffler setup. You could hear your exhaust from behind a lot more than I thought compared to inside the car when it was fairly quiet. I noticed it when you turned onto 70 to hit 540.
Old Apr 3, 2011 | 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Jay!
Its a bullet muffler catback, and I dont know if having my tip stick out 1-2'' has anything to do with interior drone/sound effect or maybe it has to do with the car being an ssl and the factory could have added more sound deadening to it.....not sure!
However, I did purchase a secondary bullet muffler and planning on tossing it on where the tp is. Will do b4 and after logging hpefuly with the afr gauge hooked as well to spot any differences in afrs, spool, load and vdr numbers. I will share the info once I do it this summer!
Old Apr 3, 2011 | 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
Ron, Ya that itersection is really bad, they def. need to add a light on it. It usualy takes me atleast 2-5mins in the morning trying to get out of it without having to gun it and rev the car over 3k rpm that early. it sucks but so does the timing on the rest of the lights on capital.....its a pain if u have to go thru it often!
btw which pads did u end up going with?

Robert, Thanks man! I sold my previouse evo for the reason that it had a lil hit, and always had it in the back of my head that I will try my best to avoid getting into one with this one but I guess it was meant to be. It was really nice seeing u and ur family this weekend.

Dan, no kidding right! ya thought of the jdm rear but not sure if it flows well with the wing. I think if i ever do switch to jdm, then I will def. remove the wing and see how it flows together.
My IX had the JDM rear. I think that rear is by far the way to go with or without wing. I'm sure there's pics floating around of the old IX
Old Apr 3, 2011 | 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

I save everything

Name:  Rockingham11.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  54.6 KB
Name:  Rockingham10.jpg
Size:  32.3 KB

Name:  Rockingham8.jpg
Size:  36.5 KB
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 12:29 AM

Sorry i missed you guys this weekend. i was hoping to have my ride back from forcefed but i guess it wasn't in the cards. that sucks about getting that rear end tap Ali, glad to see it cleaned up pretty well. Hopefully my car will be back by the weekend of the 16th, if i have it i'll bring it out for the pic shoot.
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

The JDM bumper looks good with the carbon sides above, but about half the time I see it, it makes the rake look exaggerated to me. I love the style of it though and I've seen a bunch of cars that it looked great on. IMO, with the JDM bumper, the lower the car, the better, so with Ali's pending suspension, it will probably look really good. This coming from a guy who is about to double his ground-clearance.

My car is nowhere near clean enough for a pic shoot. Need to pdr, touchup, polish and don't even get me started on the wheel barrels. I'm just trying to get my work done before doing all that. I might come out for the shoot to to hang out and see the rides again as long as I have time after getting my exhaust fixed.
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 06:06 AM

Wow. That was a sexy IX Dan. What kind of exhaust was on it?
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

with all the cleaning and detailing i did yesterday, i woke up to this
Name:  IMAG0070.jpg
Size:  113.5 KB
Name:  IMAG0069.jpg
Size:  118.2 KB
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

LOL. Gotta love spring! I remember last year from the time I washed a panel to the time I went to dry it every little drop of water had a ton of yellow floating on top. It was damn near pointless to wash!

BTW sorry to hear about the rear end collision Ali. Just be thankful it was 5-10 instead of a full on 30-35 like mine. A lot less to repair/worry about, not to mention having to drive around a cobalt ls (freaking lame-mobile) for a few weeks. I'm sure you'll be back up and running in no time.
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Oh crap! I thought you were going to say that was a "before" cleaning picture!

pollen ftl.
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 07:55 AM

FERN0,

Thanks for the in-depth feedback regarding shops.

I'm not particularly looking for "paint" but more of proper fitment of fender/door/hood when I replace them with CF pieces.

Had a wreck last year at Fontana, CA and need to replace bent body parts.

-Nick
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 08:40 AM

Nice new paint job Ali! That's why I haven't washed my car yet. I was tempted to wash it yesterday since it was so nice outside but I decided not to since I was too tired from changing my brake pads also. haha!
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rufi0
Wow. That was a sexy IX Dan. What kind of exhaust was on it?
Thanks! That was a Greddy Ti-C TBE. I liked that exhaust quite a bit.

Damn Ali, you had pics from every angle haha
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
Thanks! That was a Greddy Ti-C TBE. I liked that exhaust quite a bit.

Damn Ali, you had pics from every angle haha
I bet Ali has pics of the damn car in your townhouse garage...haha...creeper...

Sorry to hear about that bi*ch running into your rear Ali...by the pics its hard to tell if the rear crash beam really helped or not...looks like it bent some stuff where it bolts to the car...I am gonna estimate around $3k in damage...JDM rear ftw!

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet