Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011 | 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
Damn Ali, you had pics from every angle haha
Yeah, don't even ask to see his "home movie" collection!
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 'Lectric_Blu_IX

smells like car ****....
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
I bet Ali has pics of the damn car in your townhouse garage...haha...creeper...

Sorry to hear about that bi*ch running into your rear Ali...by the pics its hard to tell if the rear crash beam really helped or not...looks like it bent some stuff where it bolts to the car...I am gonna estimate around $3k in damage...JDM rear ftw!
Yeah I was going to guess this but hard to tell which end the car end is. If it wrinkled the floor pan or back panel then it is definitely in that range.

The shop should be able to tell once they get the cover off and take a look.
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Screw u guys! I am not taking anymore pics of ur whips from now on...do it urself!....lol but on a seriouse note, I just looked over my "evo" folder and it says I have 1.35gb worth of media in it and around 630 pics... random pics from everymeet we attended and pics of all the parts I bought & sold..lol

Originally Posted by thundrflsh24
Sorry i missed you guys this weekend. i was hoping to have my ride back from forcefed but i guess it wasn't in the cards. that sucks about getting that rear end tap Ali, glad to see it cleaned up pretty well. Hopefully my car will be back by the weekend of the 16th, if i have it i'll bring it out for the pic shoot.
Thanks luke! hopefuly u will make it to the next meet.

Originally Posted by kelvar13
LOL. Gotta love spring! I remember last year from the time I washed a panel to the time I went to dry it every little drop of water had a ton of yellow floating on top. It was damn near pointless to wash!

BTW sorry to hear about the rear end collision Ali. Just be thankful it was 5-10 instead of a full on 30-35 like mine. A lot less to repair/worry about, not to mention having to drive around a cobalt ls (freaking lame-mobile) for a few weeks. I'm sure you'll be back up and running in no time.
Thanks buddy! now i know how u and bj recently felt when u guys had to do work on ur cars. its soo damn upsetting even tho its a lil hit. I swear i take more care of this damn car, but still couldnt avoid it. oh well!

Originally Posted by rufi0
Nice new paint job Ali! That's why I haven't washed my car yet. I was tempted to wash it yesterday since it was so nice outside but I decided not to since I was too tired from changing my brake pads also. haha!
I knew it will end up like that, but i still had to pay my dues to her..lol its like a weekly job to me...I have to wash her!
btw i saw u on the 440 tonight again...lol from now on iam gonna charging $1 for everytime i see u ...lol we need to switch locations and make it easier on us.

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
Thanks! That was a Greddy Ti-C TBE. I liked that exhaust quite a bit.
Damn Ali, you had pics from every angle haha
she was sexy....couldnt resist!..lol

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
I bet Ali has pics of the damn car in your townhouse garage...haha...creeper...

Sorry to hear about that bi*ch running into your rear Ali...by the pics its hard to tell if the rear crash beam really helped or not...looks like it bent some stuff where it bolts to the car...I am gonna estimate around $3k in damage...JDM rear ftw!
honest! i think i might have a pic of his car in ur old appartment garage and we did the gauge and mbc install....good ol days!
I looked at the damage tonight again, it seems to be more on the exhaust side but iam not very experienced with body work...etc so they will have a better idea on whats going on. I hope they replace everything with new parts and not try to cut corners. I checked with the dealer and a new bumper costs around $860. Then, I talked to the adjuster on the phone and he's saying that we might just bondo (spl?) it then paint it.....bs! will see what happens! ....am planning on possibly getting an estimate from another shop b4 i even see them.

Originally Posted by 'Lectric_Blu_IX
u know! I thougt we agreed u keep it on the dl and I make u copies of everything
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 07:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Some of you guys should have come out to the rock sunday. Crowd was HUGE and we got us a WIN boys!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...ml#post9214237
Old Apr 5, 2011 | 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
Some of you guys should have come out to the rock sunday. Crowd was HUGE and we got us a WIN boys!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...ml#post9214237

Nice! I wanted to come out but just couldn't make it happen. Too much to do around the house unfortunately.

Congrats on the win!
Old Apr 5, 2011 | 07:06 AM

Ali, I'll see you tonight on 440? Same time? Haha!
Old Apr 5, 2011 | 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like a plan..lol
btw...any of u guys notice the WRX STI ad. on the 440 toward cary?..lol
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

So Easter weekend dragon trip is coming up. I know there were some folks who said they were interested in going but haven't responded lol. Let me know if you want to go. Still a few beds in the cabin we've got reserved (foxhillcabin.com). I know me Dan, Jason, and Jeff are planning to go from this area so you won't be without people you know and trust me the trip is worth it.
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Damn didn't mean to kill the thread lol. Just head hunting so I can fill up this cabin and maximize the fun factor.
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by krackmonkey
Can anyone make any recommendations for paint & body shops in the area?
Haddock is very good, but they really only like insurance work.
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 05:02 PM
Former Sponsor

I used to work for Haddock as a Tech. Top notch work. They will do other work besides insurance work but they stay scheduled out atleast 2 months typically. If anyone is in need of a great body/paint shop please PM me. Friend of mine who owns his own shop does alot of insurance work but does a ton of custom stuff also. has painted two cars for me and Did Mikes(Evolutionized8) nose chop and custom paint on his 8 bumper
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Word! Check with your guy and PM me price to change the color to WW or Benz Silver whenever you can, no rush. Jambed but not engine bay. That can stay black and look ok since it is not a flashy color.

My springs and mufflers came in tonight...
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 05:14 PM
Former Sponsor

nice post pics.. u got a PM coming
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

That was fast!

Cool sounds good, I will check him out once I sell my wheels for a firm estimate.

I'm going to take a tour of Fayetteville in the next few weeks... I'll stop by and check out the shop... and the one on Raeford Rd. Gotta figure out who is going to do my wideband & retune.

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet