Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011 | 07:45 AM

Hey guys, what time was that photo shoot on Sat? I was planning on coming out for it but now I'm supposed to work the airshow on base?
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 12:31 AM

... guess i killed the thread now... bummer
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 02:50 AM

Ahhh, yes, Wings over Wayne! We had a good time there last year when the Blue Angels were there. I was hoping to take the kids again this year, but they'll be out at their grandparents' house...

If anybody's interested here's the site: http://www.wingsoverwayne.com
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 03:34 AM

you'll prob see me doing parking detail if you end up coming out. Should be a good airshow but i wish they'd have let me know i'm working my weekend earlier than the week before.
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I saw d on Sunday but forgot to ask him about the photoshoot. All we talked about was Deal's Gap the following weekend.

Maybe he will chime in...

Personally, my Saturday is crazy full. I have a birthday party for a 1 year old, a birthday party for a 30 year old, and possibly a suspension swap with a guy from Hickory and one other thing I can't remember at the moment. I have a way of squeaking free for a couple of hours, so you never know, I'll just see how it goes closer to Saturday... If it's still on.
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FERNO
Yeah, I saw d on Sunday but forgot to ask him about the photoshoot. All we talked about was Deal's Gap the following weekend.

Maybe he will chime in...

Personally, my Saturday is crazy full. I have a birthday party for a 1 year old, a birthday party for a 30 year old, and possibly a suspension swap with a guy from Hickory and one other thing I can't remember at the moment. I have a way of squeaking free for a couple of hours, so you never know, I'll just see how it goes closer to Saturday... If it's still on.
Suspension swap? Don't you have Ohlins on your car, why would you want to get rid of that?
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Suspension swap? Don't you have Ohlins on your car, why would you want to get rid of that?
Not JDM YO enough for me, man.

Hey btw, I might be in Myrtle Beach back and forth from Ocean Isle to Murrells Inlet the week after Easter. What area are you in?
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FERNO
Not JDM YO enough for me, man.

Hey btw, I might be in Myrtle Beach back and forth from Ocean Isle to Murrells Inlet the week after Easter. What area are you in?
haha what suspension does he have? I am up in NJ now, I own a house in Myrtle Beach but I rent it out...
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure about any details for a photoshoot. That was Robert asking about a shoot with his cousin. We'll have to wait for Robert to chime in. Other than a soccer game at 10, I'm free Saturday
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
I'm not sure about any details for a photoshoot. That was Robert asking about a shoot with his cousin. We'll have to wait for Robert to chime in. Other than a soccer game at 10, I'm free Saturday
Oops!

I don't know why I thought you were asking about it. Maybe I just associated it with you since you just did a photoshoot with your car.

Don't remember when it was mentioned and who all was interested, but I'll check back over the last few pages and figure it out.
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, I said I'm down for going to the pic meet, but Robert is the one with the photo skills. Not sure what time he had in mind though
Old Apr 12, 2011 | 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Word.

Well, seeing as how I haven't heard about it in a week and a half... I'm leaning towards a no due to my other plans.

I have to admit though, 3-weeks in a row would be a new record for me and forum-related gatherings.
Old Apr 15, 2011 | 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Well, you guys have helped convince me not to de-mod my Evo. I started to swap the Ohlins last night for the MR suspension, and took a good look at the suspension mods.

I think I am going to sell it to someone who will appreciate the mods they way they are, and buy a stock one. I have even kicked around a new X, but I just like the dimensions of the VIII/IX a little more (plus I'll have a set of Advans to fit it! ).

I hope to find a super-clean CT9A with low mileage, so wish me luck!
Old Apr 15, 2011 | 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

We wanted you not to de-mod... not sell it! haha GL with the sale and search for a new one though if that's what you decide
Old Apr 15, 2011 | 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

hehe... I dunno though, I'm not going to let it go too long before I abandon the sale and just go forth with making it how I want. We'll see!

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet