Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012 | 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
^Not many people from here or EvoX go to that meet. We've been a couple of times, but the crowd was a bit younger (bit of a high schoolish feel). I'd get Jason to roll over there w/ me, but he's out of town.

We haven't had a meet in a while though. I think it's about time we got a meet organized. Anybody up for a meet in the next week or two?
I am currently evo-less, but am down to hang whenever you guys want.
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by krackmonkey
I am currently evo-less, but am down to hang whenever you guys want.
I feel your pain man! My engine ate it in June. I'm also about to go to Korea for a year so i won't be able to play with the evo for a year. by the way, i'll let you guys know if i can get any jdm bits for cheaper since i'll be right by Japan. also, if anybody wants Jersey's made up for any of their sports teams i can get them for about a 1/4 of the price with the tags. Korean's make them for close to nothing.
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 02:06 PM
Former Sponsor

A Blitz exhaust and rear diffuser would be pretty sweet.
Old Jan 20, 2012 | 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jplgsx
Hey! Long time no hear.

Maybe I should consider the Bilsteins.

Yes, I know about E30's. Fun little track cars, but like most track cars can end up being a money pit. I picked up a '96 Miata M and am spending the winter (and mucho $) to get it track worthy.

Keep in touch.

Jim
Let me know if you want them, I have people PMing me left and right on them.

The e30 won't be a total track rat, it'll just be a budget beater for a few years, no HP, just some suspension mods, repairs, wheel bearings (dang this car needs them too?!?!?!), and some lightening. No power mods or anything besides a chip and muffler.

I'd definitely like to check out your new chick car , so let me know if you need a hand with anything and I can come over and be useless.
Old Jan 25, 2012 | 08:49 AM

So kinda crazy news.... I'm no longer pcsing to Korea. My orders were canceled on Monday so I will now be staying in NC. So no more cheap jersey offers for you guys. On a lighter note since I'll still be around I was thinking we should come together and set up a bi-monthly cookout/meet/hangout. I know we throw some together every now and then but I think most would agree its not nearly enough. Let me know what you guys think!
Old Jan 25, 2012 | 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

I'd come.
Old Jan 25, 2012 | 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thundrflsh24
So kinda crazy news.... I'm no longer pcsing to Korea. My orders were canceled on Monday so I will now be staying in NC. So no more cheap jersey offers for you guys. On a lighter note since I'll still be around I was thinking we should come together and set up a bi-monthly cookout/meet/hangout. I know we throw some together every now and then but I think most would agree its not nearly enough. Let me know what you guys think!
NICE!

That's good to hear man. Looking forward to seeing how your 2.4 build stacks up with mine, now you gonna go big turbo since you're staying?
Old Jan 25, 2012 | 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Cool man, good to hear that you'll be around.
Old Jan 25, 2012 | 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

That's great news! Glad you'll still be around. I'm always down for a meet. I've been trying to get one together. I'd like to meet up one of the next two weekends if there's interest! I need to clean the car though.. it's disgusting right now.

Along the meet lines, is anyone interested in going to the dragon? Several of us X guys went last year and had a BLAST. We're going again towards the end of April and would love for some of the other local guys to go. Check this thread if any of you guys are interested:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...=1#post1007680
Old Jan 25, 2012 | 07:14 PM

I'd be down for the dragon. i need tires and a new suspension though. I'm also down for a meet. I'm just waiting till Babi gets back in town to tune mine then i'm back on the road.
I think big turbo and fuel is going to get back burnered for now.
Old Jan 26, 2012 | 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

I'd be down for the dragon. i need tires and a new suspension though. I'm also down for a meet. I'm just waiting till Babi gets back in town to tune mine then i'm back on the road.
I think big turbo and fuel is going to get back burnered for now.
I don't blame you. I'm in the same boat, but the car is so fun the way it is, I don't plan on going much bigger when I do.
Old Jan 26, 2012 | 06:07 AM

Yea, from the sound of it we should already be putting down some scary power.
Old Jan 26, 2012 | 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

+1 for the dragon and another local meet. I'm around next weekend so I'm good with getting something set up. Does that work for anyone else?
Old Jan 26, 2012 | 07:17 AM

+1 next weekend
Old Jan 26, 2012 | 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Yea, from the sound of it we should already be putting down some scary power.
It will surprise you that's for sure.

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet