Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013 | 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 'Lectric_Blu_IX
Smurf, if you can't get it disposed of initially through talking with the courts, you should still be able to use a Prayer for Judgement (PJC). This will dispose of the ticket and put you on a "probationary" period. You can check with the courts for more info.

Worst case scenario, $300 and an attorney make it all "go away" (at least it did for me a few years ago).

Good luck!
Thanks. I have until may 23rd. I think I may go this week or beginning of next. I gotta do my title for my black evo today.
Old Apr 24, 2013 | 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

that's not too far from where I work in Durham

BTW- pay an atty- if you go there and ask the DA then he might be in a bad mood and not drop it.
Old Apr 24, 2013 | 05:30 AM

You guys going to Dyno day at Spec on the 11th
Old Apr 24, 2013 | 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla

1) The police officer didn't write down how he measured my speed. Just that he "observed" me doing 58 in a 35 zone

The traffic court system is different here so do I just need to go to the court house and speak with the DA? Do I have enough to get it thrown out?
Discuss this with an attorney before the court date. There may be some other options to deal with a ticket. My wife got a speeding ticket last year, 88mph in 65mph zone. Our attorney had it reduced to a lower speed I think 74mph, some probational points went on record (internal to DMV only record, so, insurance does not increase) which would clear if no more speeding violation within specified time (6 month I think), paid court cost of $180 plus a fine of $20 plus attorney fee. Attorney fees range from as low as $60 to as high as $250 based on the volume attorneys do at the court house, so, call multiple attornies who specials in traffic tickets to get the best price.

Btw, cops are trained to perform visual speed estimation. So, in court a visual speed trap is valid.
Old Apr 25, 2013 | 04:31 AM
Evolved Member

Do you have the attorney you useds info? Its funny I spoke with some coworkers about this and they were all telling stories about tickets the got off on (and they had less descrepencies then me). One of them said he has gotten off of every ticket that didn't at least use some sort of tool to track speed. So that means he got off of all of his pacing tickets and visual estimation ticket.

I call BS on that. I have never had a cop not show up and even if they didn't I still had to plead my case in court (and usually lost anyway). I have NEVER gotten off a speeding ticket. I'll go up to the courthouse and see if I can catch the DA on a good day. If not I'll lawyer up.
Old Apr 25, 2013 | 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Do you have the attorney you useds info?
The attorney's name is Jason Tuttle and his office number is 919-755-0025.
Old Apr 25, 2013 | 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Friendly reminder that the dragon trip is fast approaching. Make sure you book your room soon since they fill up about a month out if you want to go. Still looks like we are going to be at 20+ cars.
Old Apr 28, 2013 | 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Good evening Raleigh/Durham meets. Was looking to coordinate a BBQ with a few members for the Jacksonville, NC AWD Club. We had our BBQ this weekend with around 15 evo's come out and are looking to branch out and make an appearance at your next BBQ. We are looking at doing it sometime in late June. Whoevers the lead coordinator of the group PM me so we could discuss.
Thanks a bunch.
Thestig
Old Apr 28, 2013 | 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

^^ lol @ ur sig....good one!
Old Apr 29, 2013 | 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by thestig0711
Good evening Raleigh/Durham meets. Was looking to coordinate a BBQ with a few members for the Jacksonville, NC AWD Club. We had our BBQ this weekend with around 15 evo's come out and are looking to branch out and make an appearance at your next BBQ. We are looking at doing it sometime in late June. Whoevers the lead coordinator of the group PM me so we could discuss.
Thanks a bunch.
Thestig
stig, hit up, kelvar13, he does the coordinating in our neck of the woods. tell him I volunteered him LOL.
Old Apr 29, 2013 | 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

lol ****, I just make suggestions that happen to align with some members wishes. that's all.
Old Apr 29, 2013 | 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by kelvar13
lol ****, I just make suggestions that happen to align with some members wishes. that's all.

that's a true politician response JK. those censored words hurt my feelings LMAO. you know I had to volunteer you, I figured you would get a laugh. seriously, you always seem to be the go to person that helps out with all the logistics so that's why I brought your name up
Old Apr 30, 2013 | 10:07 AM

Hey gang! Trying to get a head count of who all is going to CnC saturday, and if we could possibly meet up at a designated time to caravan in and park next to one another (I'd like some nice panoramic photos of all the cars lined up for a project I'm working on)

I have to pick a friend up at the airport around 7am saturday morning, but should be free shortly after that.

-Nick
Old May 1, 2013 | 01:45 PM

I would be down for going! Let me know where/when and I'll be there. I'm recently new to the area but haven't meet many evo owners around yet

Originally Posted by krackmonkey
Hey gang! Trying to get a head count of who all is going to CnC saturday, and if we could possibly meet up at a designated time to caravan in and park next to one another (I'd like some nice panoramic photos of all the cars lined up for a project I'm working on)

I have to pick a friend up at the airport around 7am saturday morning, but should be free shortly after that.

-Nick
Old May 1, 2013 | 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

going to the gun show instead.

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet