Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014 | 03:12 PM

Lol I slept until 11 :P and no really happy with how the car looks right now anyway cracked windshield and needs a paint job :/
Old Oct 20, 2014 | 02:02 PM

I was at the last C&C with my silver 8. I was parked near the trees in the corner of the lot. That was prob mine everyone saw. Haven't been on here in a while. I saw the 2 electric blue ones parked near each other then another BBY one i think.

Last edited by S1lverBu113t; Oct 20, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2014 | 10:20 PM

And now this thread is dead again lol. Saw a 99% stock Red V/// MR over by the ale house in brier creek the other night. Girl looked clean!
Old Nov 2, 2014 | 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

my car is back at spec-ops. They are tearing the motor down either this week or next to figure out where my oil issues are coming from.
Old Nov 2, 2014 | 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Curious what issues are u having?
Old Nov 6, 2014 | 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
Curious what issues are u having?
Consumes 1.5-2 quarts of oil every 400-450ish miles. Car doesn't smoke. Runs awesome. Turbo appears fine. No oil in catch can, IC, IC pipes, coming out of the tail pipe. Its literally disappearing. Had the issue pretty much since day one. It was misdiagnosed a bunch of times and when did find time to bring the car to the shop they found oil leaks here and there and thought they fixed the issue but after driving it for 2 gas fill ups the issue clearly wasnt resolved. To be fair the issue is pretty bizarre. Most everyone I have consulted with (Aaron from ER on here and a few local car guys that know their stuff) is scratching their head on this one.

Left the car with them in June and told them after they tried a fix to drive it (Well what I said to Adam was I don't want the car back until they drive it long enough to say the problem really had been fixed).

Every few weeks I would Call, Adam would be optimistic then call me back and say its not fixed. Compression came back fine. Leakdown was a bit high on the 1st cylinders. Scoped the cylinders and they appeared good.

Hypothesis is maybe rings failed (But I would imagine it would smoke under acceleration or early in the morning on first start up). I think its the head (leakdown could mean the valves aren't sealing properly....I think it maybe some bad valve guides: I can't find the post now but I swear someone had a similar problem on here and it ended up being their valve guides).

I reiterated to Adam I had this problem since I pretty much had the car back but because we kept misdiagnosing and the time it would take me to get the car down there and how long it would take for me to put the miles on I needed to see if it was fixed I was pretty annoyed by the situation (especially given my history). Anyway the day I was going to pick the car up I finally spoke to Matt and he said they wanted to take the motor apart. They are working with me at this point.

So thats where I'm at. Matt set the expectation that since they were so busy it would be about 2 weeks before they could get my car.

He also mention that Tim's car had a oil consumption issue as well (thought not as severe as mine and too be fair Tim drag races his car) and they applied a fix to it and doesn't burn a drop in between oil changes.

All in all annoyed it seems like I can't get right, but happy Spec-Ops is working with me to determine the cause and treating me like a valued customer.

Been driving the STi pretty much exclusively. Or my wife's Forrester.

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Nov 6, 2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2014 | 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

looks like you got the diesel edition lol. That's a lot of oil going somewhere. Hope you get it fixed!
Old Nov 6, 2014 | 06:54 PM

Have you checked the coolant for oil? Just a thought.
Old Nov 7, 2014 | 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

That is pretty bizzare..... not sure where else you can look. Matt & his guys will take care of ya I am sure!
GL!
Old Nov 7, 2014 | 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOXTCY
Have you checked the coolant for oil? Just a thought.
Yeah all the traditional places the oil could be we've checked before arriving at this point.

Sean is pretty good on these motors. I think he was the one that was saying he can't of anything else it could be without opening the motor up.

I'm sure Spec-Ops will get it right.

Funny thing is since my kid is gonna be in college soon I'm pretty much stuck with this car for a while. I entertained moving to another platform but everything else I like its gonna be a car note and more expenses. Not smart for right now. And at the rate that people are wrecking, ruining or selling their Evo's I feel like the longer I hold on to it the more vintage it will be.
Old Nov 11, 2014 | 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Posting this for a friend of a friend, if anyone is in the market!

http://www.estately.com/listings/inf...settle-in-lane
Old Dec 3, 2014 | 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Wife & I will be moving back down to Raleigh in about 2 months. We got a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment with an over-sized (1) car garage for a silly price about a mile or so from the big Crossroads Ford. Sign the lease at the apartment sometime during the first week or Feb. We are really excited to get back down south!

Also, I love that "bj poops at work" is still a tag in this thread, lol!
Old Dec 3, 2014 | 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Nice!!!!!! Glenwood grill better be ready
Old Dec 3, 2014 | 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
Nice!!!!!! Glenwood grill better be ready
Lynnwood Grill! Damn it!! ...
Old Dec 3, 2014 | 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

lol good point!.... what was $2 Tuesdays or something?

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet