Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015 | 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Identity crisis?

My car is going to be gone longer. Not sure for how long and when I'll get it back. Guess I'll see everyone when I see them. No longer looking forward to it because it just gets disappointing.
Man, that sucks! You know, I usually advocate for both ForceFed and Spec-Ops when people ask about Evo shops, but the ordeal you're going through doesn't exactly paint a stellar picture for Spec-Ops...

My Evo is my DD, so there's no way I could be without it for months and months. I hope this gets worked out for you soon!
Old Apr 20, 2015 | 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Looking to get the wife's car detailed, wanted to see who you guys recommend or use around the Raleigh area....let me know!

Last edited by 06MREvo; Apr 20, 2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2015 | 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Looking to get the wife's car detailed, looking to see who you guys recommend or use around the Raleigh area....let me know!
I've heard good things about Before and After from Tesla guys. But no personal experience.

http://www.b4andafterdetail.com/
Old Apr 20, 2015 | 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 03BBY1088
Couldn't make it to c&c yesterday but trying to go next month

We need to have a Evo meet at rush hour karting in garner
Same here.

Do you guys do a dragon run or similar stuff? I remember Subaru guys and S2000 guys would do that Spring and Fall every year.

Or Christmas fundraising VIR runs as well.
Old Apr 20, 2015 | 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoloSpeed101
I've heard good things about Before and After from Tesla guys. But no personal experience.

http://www.b4andafterdetail.com/
Good reviews on Facebook, thanks for the suggestion.

Same here.

Do you guys do a dragon run or similar stuff? I remember Subaru guys and S2000 guys would do that Spring and Fall every year.

I did a long weekend Deals Gap Meet with Evo & DSM guys around 5 yrs ago. Great time, would definitely do it again but need to get the car back together, haha...
Old Apr 20, 2015 | 03:37 PM

Same here.

Ping kelvar13 (Jason)...he's generally the guy that organizes the Dragon runs/meets. They typically go in the Spring.

Jason spends most of his time over at evoXforums now...
Old Apr 20, 2015 | 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha thanks Mike...I was that guy...except they did park all around me :-)

As for dragon trips I scheduled three trips to the dragon but couldn't do one last year and this year looks kinda iffy for me. I really want to go back but life has become complicated and busy. Maybe I can get out there next year. If you're thinking about planning one the best thing to do is post that you're going and you'd love company. Enough people know about the dragon to be game to go. It is difficult to get everyone who says they are going to show up though. Usually its a 60% no show and 40% turnout. Still a blast as long as you have one friend to share the experience with however.
Old Apr 21, 2015 | 06:04 AM

I was the silver 8 there. I usually go every month too. I remember talking to you Lectric_Blu_IX when the meet was over at waverly place. I personally think we should all meet up before c&c and then cruise in together so we can all park together, otherwise we will never get everybody together. Someone needs to take the lead on this. I would really like to meet some fellow evo guys.

Originally Posted by 'Lectric_Blu_IX
Likewise! Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the Evo turnout. If only we could have gotten everyone together.

There were three IXs, an VIII, and several Xs. Maybe we're on the rebound!

Hey, did you every figure out who the douche was that insisted on parking his X with all the exotics?
Old Apr 21, 2015 | 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Saturday, May 9th. Phantasm Street Wars @ Rockingham Dragway. Anyone going?
Old Apr 21, 2015 | 08:42 PM
szk

Picking up new to me GG Evo 9 this weekend! Let's get something organized.

It's good to be back :-)

-Ron
Old Apr 22, 2015 | 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

So next Tuesday, 4/28, I'm gonna head over to Rush Hour Karting for their last League race of the season. Spoke with the owner & he gave me some info/pricing. League races are 60 mins long & I'm going to jump in on this race & see how I like it. I don't think the next league starts up till the fall, I'll confirm that next Tuesday. You can join the league solo or with a team up to (3) people. Owner said to get there around 6pm on Tuesday, league starts at 7pm.

Anyone else interested in checking it out?

Off topic, I love that "bj poops at work" is still a tag for this thread, haha....
Old Apr 22, 2015 | 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by S1lverBu113t
I was the silver 8 there. I usually go every month too. I remember talking to you Lectric_Blu_IX when the meet was over at waverly place. I personally think we should all meet up before c&c and then cruise in together so we can all park together, otherwise we will never get everybody together. Someone needs to take the lead on this. I would really like to meet some fellow evo guys.
Yep, I remember you as well. I'm all up for meeting/cruising to C&C (we used to do this), but there are two issues:
  1. Meeting beforehand would require getting up even earlier, and I can't even get most of these lazy sods to get up for the C&C meet as it is!
  2. We're all over the place, and Raleigh Grande is probably about as central as we're going to get. It would be tough to pick another place to meet to roll in...

I'm open for any ideas! Also Jason/Kelvar13 is in the planning stages of another park meet for the Spring, so I'll try to keep up with what's being planned and keep everyone in the loop.
Old Apr 22, 2015 | 01:27 PM

The other sad thing is, with all the rev-happy jackasses and people using Lynn Rd. as an impromptu drag strip/0-60 display, it won't be long before C&C is kicked out of Raleigh Grande as well...
Old Apr 22, 2015 | 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

The other sad thing is, with all the rev-happy jackasses and people using Lynn Rd. as an impromptu drag strip/0-60 display, it won't be long before C&C is kicked out of Raleigh Grande as well...
I thought Brier Creek was a great spot for it, sucks it got booted from there a couple years ago. I do find it funny they moved it to the Raleigh Grande parking lot, I used to live in the Thornhill Apartments literally right behind there. Ali & I used to grab beers at the Lynnwood Grill all the time!
Old Apr 23, 2015 | 05:48 AM

I mean we can meet at a store or gas station right outside of the Raleigh Grande off of Glenwood or a neighboring street then cruise in. Doesnt have to be far away to cruise in. I was just trying to get everybody together before we all got there so we could at least try to park together. The lot usually fills up around 9 or 9:30 so we could meet around 8:30 or 8:45 then cruise in. Worst we could do is try it next month and see what happens and who shows up

Yep, I remember you as well. I'm all up for meeting/cruising to C&C (we used to do this), but there are two issues:
  1. Meeting beforehand would require getting up even earlier, and I can't even get most of these lazy sods to get up for the C&C meet as it is!
  2. We're all over the place, and Raleigh Grande is probably about as central as we're going to get. It would be tough to pick another place to meet to roll in...

I'm open for any ideas! Also Jason/Kelvar13 is in the planning stages of another park meet for the Spring, so I'll try to keep up with what's being planned and keep everyone in the loop.

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet