Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009 | 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jplgsx
The car handled the shut amazingly well. Mitsubishi really builds a tough car, although I would NEVER recommend any of you copy my move. The damage is pretty much only body damage. I will need a new hood and front fenders. The SRS bags never deployed (whew). No glass cracked nor was shattered. The door gaps remain perfect and the doors open and shut like they were new. The same goes for the trunk.
I had installed fender braces prior to this track event and I believe that they kept the front unibody frame from colapsing. There is minor unibody bending just above the headlight. I'll need to replace the headlights as well as the ACD unit. The Greddy FMIC appears to be in fine shape.
The insurance company was amazingly great. I didn't try to BS them with a story about "a deer jumped out in front of the car". I called them about 30 minutes after the shunt and they were most concerned that I was physically OK. I made it clear that I was at VIR and at a driver education session. They made sure a rollback was there within an hour. The next day they called me and recorded my description of the incident. After the taping was over I asked if I was still being covered and what would happen with my rates. They told me that I was still a customer and that I had an accident forgiveness chit I could use.
The body shop called me yesterday. They noticed that I had some carbon fiber attached and wanted to make certain that everything would be restored. Wow! So I will meet with them and go over any non-factory pieces that need to be replaced.
It is hard to believe how well this is turning out.

As far as a cookout at Performance Chassis goes - if it would be better to do it after Easter, let me know. Otherwise we are on for Sunday.

Jim

good to hear its ending up this way man! whos ur insurance company btw? i might be switching soon..lol
Old Apr 8, 2009 | 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Crap...forgot that this weekend is Easter...do you guys want to have the meet this weekend so everyone can do family stuff???
Old Apr 8, 2009 | 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

The car handled the shut amazingly well. Mitsubishi really builds a tough car, although I would NEVER recommend any of you copy my move. The damage is pretty much only body damage. I will need a new hood and front fenders. The SRS bags never deployed (whew). No glass cracked nor was shattered. The door gaps remain perfect and the doors open and shut like they were new. The same goes for the trunk.
I had installed fender braces prior to this track event and I believe that they kept the front unibody frame from colapsing. There is minor unibody bending just above the headlight. I'll need to replace the headlights as well as the ACD unit. The Greddy FMIC appears to be in fine shape.
The insurance company was amazingly great. I didn't try to BS them with a story about "a deer jumped out in front of the car". I called them about 30 minutes after the shunt and they were most concerned that I was physically OK. I made it clear that I was at VIR and at a driver education session. They made sure a rollback was there within an hour. The next day they called me and recorded my description of the incident. After the taping was over I asked if I was still being covered and what would happen with my rates. They told me that I was still a customer and that I had an accident forgiveness chit I could use.
The body shop called me yesterday. They noticed that I had some carbon fiber attached and wanted to make certain that everything would be restored. Wow! So I will meet with them and go over any non-factory pieces that need to be replaced.
It is hard to believe how well this is turning out.

As far as a cookout at Performance Chassis goes - if it would be better to do it after Easter, let me know. Otherwise we are on for Sunday.

Jim
Damn, sounds like you are getting lucky in regards to getting everything fixed...hopefully the car looks better then new when all done...
Old Apr 8, 2009 | 08:19 AM

Next weekend would work for me...
Old Apr 8, 2009 | 08:27 AM

Yea I'm down for next weekend too
Old Apr 8, 2009 | 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, let's officially switch it to next weekend so everyone can come. Let's plan for next Sunday (4/19/09) at 1 then. Does that work for everyone?
Old Apr 8, 2009 | 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

ya i should be able to make it as well. 1 is good for me, but i won;t mind doing it an hour or two later just so i can go to the gym (in cary) then swing by...lol
Old Apr 9, 2009 | 02:34 AM

April 19 will be fine for Performance Chassis. I will transport my grill over there so we can arrive early and hang out as long as people feel like. I can provide some of the meats to cook if I can just get a ggood idea as to how many plan to show. Bring your own drinks.

I can open up the shop and give a tour.

Jim
Old Apr 9, 2009 | 02:37 AM

As far as the car goes --- I went over to the body shop yesterday. They needed to find the source for some of the parts I had that need to be replaced. The Mitsumoto radiator and Greddy intercooler both took enough of a hit they need to be replaced. The bill is climbing. If it reaches past 75% of the market value then I have some tough decisions to make.
Old Apr 9, 2009 | 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

I will go, as of now.
Old Apr 9, 2009 | 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Jim,
I will be in michigan this weekend, and I kow this one guy Called "Thanasi" on here whos parting out an 06 , look up his thread and see if u need any parts, I might be able to pick them up for ya and bring them down with me. and obvisouly same goes to rest of u , if u need a part from michigan let me know and i will try to bring as long as its not the whole motor..lol
Old Apr 9, 2009 | 05:33 AM

Good to have you back, Los

Jim, what time do you think you'll set up at PC? I usually get to the meets fairly early, so if you're getting there early, I'll show up then too...

Last edited by 'Lectric_Blu_IX; Apr 9, 2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2009 | 08:20 AM

Hey Jim, does performance chassis do brakes? Or does anyone want to help me replace my pads haha? What pads do people recommend?

Ali, if that guy in Michigan has an MR and is getting rid of his shocks. I'd take those.
Old Apr 9, 2009 | 08:20 AM
Account Disabled

April 19 will be fine for Performance Chassis. I will transport my grill over there so we can arrive early and hang out as long as people feel like. I can provide some of the meats to cook if I can just get a ggood idea as to how many plan to show. Bring your own drinks.

I can open up the shop and give a tour.

Jim
You transport your grill so I can put my meat across it.

Old Apr 9, 2009 | 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Jesus it never fails....

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet