Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009 | 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

I'm ok with that as long as it's ok with Jim. I used to have an RSX myself so I'm an RSX fan too lol Wonder if there are any boosted RSX's around here?
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Happy Easter Everyone! Hope your having fun doing family stuff! haha...
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 04:12 PM
EvoM Community Team

I'll be there on the 19th. Sorry guys...it's been a hectic couple of months for me. I'll be coming to more of the meets.
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 04:13 PM

RSX owners and their cars are worthless and can go to Hell...

J/K!!! Car guys are car guys in my book (and that includes girls)...Anyone who feels that a car is more than a means of point A to point B is okay by me...
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by adambl03
I'll be there on the 19th. Sorry guys...it's been a hectic couple of months for me. I'll be coming to more of the meets.
I just got a chill...as if a ghost walked past
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

happy easter everyone.

on a side note, I will be driving the almighty bullet proof ZX3 aka POS down from MI to NC tomorrow, so hopefuly it will make it..lol, but i think the throwout bearing is bad on it, any tips on driving it in that state to avoid being stuck on the high way? and do u guys know any local shop that can fix it for me for a decent price?
Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Hopefully it's as nice next Sunday as it was today
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Dan, did u tune ur car yet?
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
happy easter everyone.

on a side note, I will be driving the almighty bullet proof ZX3 aka POS down from MI to NC tomorrow, so hopefuly it will make it..lol, but i think the throwout bearing is bad on it, any tips on driving it in that state to avoid being stuck on the high way? and do u guys know any local shop that can fix it for me for a decent price?
Thanks
well u have to drop the tranny to do the throwout bearing so probably anywhere u go it won't be "cheap" unfortunately haha...u find anything out about ur car yet??? Drive safe man...

Originally Posted by dbotkin5
Hopefully it's as nice next Sunday as it was today
i just checked the weather and it says 30% chance to thunder storms damn it...hopefully they are wrong...
Old Apr 12, 2009 | 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

^ya i hear ya, well iam gonna drive and hopefuly it won't bust open on me somewhere in virginia....lol, oh i would be Fa'aked!
i will updat eu on the car when i see home.
Old Apr 13, 2009 | 06:47 AM

Quick off topic question... I have a set of aluminum rims that are pitted. (Because I didn't wash the car for some 3 years....Yeah, I know.) Anyway, is there anything I can do? Is there a shop that can turn and polish them? I'd hate to have to drop 1200$ on another set. I think I would just paint them before that.....
Old Apr 13, 2009 | 07:58 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by gullie667
Quick off topic question... I have a set of aluminum rims that are pitted. (Because I didn't wash the car for some 3 years....Yeah, I know.) Anyway, is there anything I can do? Is there a shop that can turn and polish them? I'd hate to have to drop 1200$ on another set. I think I would just paint them before that.....
Do you have any pictures to show us how bad it is? Or, can you come to the meet next Sunday so we can see them? Typically you can get it off with a good wheel cleaner, let it soak for a minute, use a brush with semi-soft bristles (not too soft because it won't agitate the brake dust enough to get it off; but not too hard or you'll scratch the crap out of the paint on the wheels). I have a brush that works perfect for this. Then you can use paint cleaner if the brush/soap didn't work. Then follow up with a clay bar. Then polish and wax the wheels. A good coat of wax will help make it easier to clean brake dust in the future and will help to prevent pitting

I'm assuming your aluminum wheels are painted and not polished aluminum. If they are polished, I'm not sure how to clean those without scratching them
Old Apr 13, 2009 | 08:57 AM

Sadly, they are bare aluminum. Not quite polished but not brushed either. The wheel cleaner isn't working at all.I tried to polish them (With a drill and metal polish) but it was SLOW going and I am not sure the result I am looking for is even possible with that.

Here is a link to them:
http://www.performanceplustire.com/p..._/2#prodAnchor

Gullie
Old Apr 13, 2009 | 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Just wanted to say hey...I've been an evo owner in the triangle since last NOV and on evolution for about the same but never posted up in this forum. I have a RR evo x which I'm thoroughly enjoying and have seen another RR (on capital) and blue (on tryon) evo x around as well as a silver 9. I'll probably try and make it out to one of your weekend meets if you welcome newbies just to meet and greet some fellow mitsu owners. So yeh thats about it for now looking forward to chatting it up with local folks...
Old Apr 13, 2009 | 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kelvar13
Just wanted to say hey...I've been an evo owner in the triangle since last NOV and on evolution for about the same but never posted up in this forum. I have a RR evo x which I'm thoroughly enjoying and have seen another RR (on capital) and blue (on tryon) evo x around as well as a silver 9. I'll probably try and make it out to one of your weekend meets if you welcome newbies just to meet and greet some fellow mitsu owners. So yeh thats about it for now looking forward to chatting it up with local folks...
welcome man...yeah come check out the meet...

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet