Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh meet Sept. 20th?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2003, 06:19 AM
Vmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raleigh meet Sept. 20th?

Anyone interested? I need motivation from other people to get me spending my hard-earned cash on mods for this car, plus I'd like to see the other ones in this area........ I was thinking either Cary or Triangle town center, they usually have some empty parking lot space. I really don't care what else we do but I'm sure we can come up with something....

Billy
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:34 PM

I'd probably come down from South Boston va to get up with some other owners. I still haven't actually seen another EVO on the road.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 04:56 PM
Vmo

Cool! Yeah I didn't realize when I posted this that it was the same weekend as NOPI, but in my experience everybody talks about going down and only 1 or 2 ppl actually go. I haven't heard back from anyone on here who actually lives around here, but I'll talk to them if I see them. I'll keep you posted.
Billy
Old Sep 4, 2003, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

My time is limited, but I might be up for something since it's on the weekend.

PM me or send me an e-mail at Cabo333@hotmail.com

Cabo
Old Sep 8, 2003, 05:30 PM
Vmo

Ok update-- I figure Triangle Town Center would be a good place to meet - and my Friend's gonna bring some crazy *** video he's taken with his. Burnouts, cops, the works. It'll be worth it just to see this stuff.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

I think I will be able to make it. Cary Town Center would be better for me, but I can go to Triangle town Center too.

Brian
Old Sep 13, 2003, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where is Triangle Town Center? What time? I'd rather do a spirited drive through Jordan Lake on hwy 751....
What time on the 20th?
Old Sep 13, 2003, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

I would really like to go, but I am going to be down at a Roebling Road High Performance Driving School with the Evo that weekend. Maybe a few more would be interested in joining me? Here's the link:
http://www.thscc.com/timetrial/events/roebling.htm
Its only $235 for non-members and $215 for memebers. Its a great deal for two days with instructor. Over 3 hours of tracktime over the weekend.

So who's in...

smanders
Old Sep 13, 2003, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

I am game for a meeting. My vote is for Triangle Town Center. I live about 10min from there in the Wakefield area.

And I go to VIR for driving schools...far better than what Roebling Road has to offer in my opinion. I have 23 logged track hours as of now on the VIR courses.

Last edited by StriktlyBidness; Sep 13, 2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 09:06 PM
Vmo

I pm'ed most of you that replied, but in case anyone didn't get the rest of this - I was planning on having everybody meet starting around 3 pm. Those who can, let me know and those who can't, let me know when you can get there....

Billy
Old Sep 14, 2003, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok,
we meet and greet, but lets drive somewhere... We would freak people out (x # of evo's driving in a pack). The car's need to stretch their legs. Maybe a buddy of mine in Apex will let us come over to his place. H'es got a dyno...
BTW- what's up with this hurricane and will it riun the weekend?
Old Sep 14, 2003, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 4-BNGR

BTW- what's up with this hurricane and will it riun the weekend?

I think that is more of a thing we will just have to play by ear. It is too early to tell at this point.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

You guys really need to come out near Lake Norman....I see about 3 or 4 evos on a regular basis around here. Me I personally have a 03' OZ... I live right next to Keffler Mist. were they are like the only one in the area who sell the evo round here... I would love to meet some peps to talk shop with so that when I do get the extra cash I will be better equipped for the road...let me know if you are ever in my area
Old Sep 15, 2003, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Yea but we have like 9 or 10 right here in Raleigh.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

wow! great to see this manny here in the raleigh area, i am about to purchase my OZ rally in the next week or two, selling my truck this week and i test drove lancer this weekend, and i loved it, so been looking all over for net for local lancers!

my email is sky_centry@hotmail.com

i live right next to cary town center and they usually have open lots all the time but triangle town center is a lot bigger

as of right now the first changes will be the second i get it i am ripping out all the factory speakers and replacing with pioneer speakers and sony head unit, and slap my amp in the trunk

now i am going from a 98 dodge dakota to a 03 lancer, not sure what upgrades would be the best "quick fix".. what suggestions do you guys have on this?

even if i don't have my lancer by the time we get together i will probably still roll out to get some ideas of what to do to mine

Last edited by Centrylancer; Sep 15, 2003 at 02:23 PM.