Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Live in Fort Myers, FL?.......Read this

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:22 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Live in Fort Myers, FL?.......Read this

anyone in the fort myers area own a silver evo?
If so, was it towed or repo'd yesterday?

you need to call the towing company and punch them in the throat. I saw a silver Evo being towed yesterday, with the front end jacked up on the rig, the front wheels locked, and only the rear wheels on the ground.

So if this is your car, you need to go have some "words" with the idiot truck driver for not putting it on a flat bed
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:52 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crypto
anyone in the fort myers area own a silver evo?
If so, was it towed or repo'd yesterday?

you need to call the towing company and punch them in the throat. I saw a silver Evo being towed yesterday, with the front end jacked up on the rig, the front wheels locked, and only the rear wheels on the ground.

So if this is your car, you need to go have some "words" with the idiot truck driver for not putting it on a flat bed
I feel a lawsuit coming on if the owner realizes this
Old Feb 2, 2009, 06:59 AM
Account Disabled

ouch that hurts!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Yah that sucks. Ive been arrested twice and had my car towed for bullsh!t reasons but to the point I made sure it was towed on a flat bed. Sat in the back of the cop car waiting until the tow truck got there. I told them there would be problems otherwise.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Good thing you witnessed it. Hope the owner finds this thread so he can have you in court if he needs to. Good watchin out!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tnnrx7
Good thing you witnessed it. Hope the owner finds this thread so he can have you in court if he needs to. Good watchin out!
indeed.

i actually started yelling in my car when i drove by. I was gonna do a u-turn and go talk to the driver of the truck, but my wife was getting all pissy about me shouting at my window and interrupting her wonderful story about conference calls........ so i didn't
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:25 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor
Yah that sucks. Ive been arrested twice and had my car towed for bullsh!t reasons but to the point I made sure it was towed on a flat bed. Sat in the back of the cop car waiting until the tow truck got there. I told them there would be problems otherwise.
even if your car didnt get flatbed and they towed it with the wheels on the ground neither the cops or your insurance would have covered the damages
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
even if your car didnt get flatbed and they towed it with the wheels on the ground neither the cops or your insurance would have covered the damages
What makes you say that? The towing company should be responsible of any and all damage they cause regardless of anything. Specially if you tell them specifically they can't use anything but a flatbed.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Can you describe the evo...
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:29 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by crypto
indeed.

i actually started yelling in my car when i drove by. I was gonna do a u-turn and go talk to the driver of the truck, but my wife was getting all pissy about me shouting at my window and interrupting her wonderful story about conference calls........ so i didn't
Thats one of the many great uses of duct tape. Siliencing annoying/b******* women It would have given you a chance to explain to her why stopped a car from getting jacked up due to someone's incompitence is more important than stupid conference calls.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Evo Tengoku
Can you describe the evo...
silver, with a jdm rear bumper:

also, looked like it had a couple of decals on the car
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:45 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
Towing companies are held liable for damages they cause. They are also supposed to be aware of the towing requirements of many vehicles so that the vehicle does not incur any damages while in their possession. I lost reverse after having left my evo in reverse with the parking brake engaged and it got towed. After searching over every square inch of the car, finding gouges in the bumpers, and calling my lawyer, they let my Evo out for free and gave me a cash settlement. A cop could get involved if the owner wanted to press charges for damage to personal property.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

yeh, i'm pretty sure the towing company would be liable for any damages caused by incorrect towing. It doesn't matter why they are towing, the reason for towing doesn't make any difference
Old Feb 2, 2009, 08:56 PM
Former Vendor

bump
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

lol wow, I live in Naples, and I know there's a bunch of silver one's down here including mine. I could ask around to find out who it actually is, or ill end up hearing about it at the local meet this Friday.

Quick Reply: Live in Fort Myers, FL?.......Read this