Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

All Raleigh area members...please help if ya can...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2003, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Raleigh area members...please help if ya can...

Hey all...

Got my first EVO speeding ticket today. 72 in a 45 in Cary.

I would like to have minimal impact on my finances and driving record. Does anyone have any recommendations, pointers, etc?

Does anyone know someone who might be able to help me out (lawyers, someone who can "check" my speedo, etc)?

Let me know what details you want from me. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks...

Cabo
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i live off of cary town blvd and they popped me for a 60 in a 45, at 11:30pm, i got home at 7am....the cary cops ****ing suck, total its cost me like 2-3k and you know how they are parked all over cary well when they switch their cars i see them a lot...and i feel like destroying their regular rides, 1 has a grey mustang, the other cop has a 2002 ext cab blue dakota, one has a light blue ranger....and i just want to mess them up soo bad...molitof cocktail or something....

anywho, this was almost 2 years ago and i am just wrapping it now, i paid 1800 for my lawyer because they tried charging me with 2 duis even though i blew a 0...they are so damn crooked

anyway my lawyer got the speeding dropped, she got the no seatbelt dropped, and i checked my insurance today and i have a suspended license charge and a failure to appear in court but i have to wait til december til its all gone....

oh and they took my license for a year, and i had probation plus alcohol class every sunday for 5 wks 9am-12

just got my license 2 wks ago even though i drove everday...i know this doesn't offer much advice but bottom line is don't speed in cary, they will **** you over so bad....
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

is this your first speeding ticket? since you were 30 over there isn't much you can do, going that fast they can take your license, it depends on your record, and have you used a prayer for judgement in the last 3 yrs? if not you would get in front of the judge and tell him or her its your first ticket and then ask for a prayer for judgement and then she will usually reduce it for like a 55 in a 45 or 60....but thats your only shot... i've sat in court so many times over the last 2 years i saw so many people get off

if your record is clean then i wouldn't get a lawyer, you don't need him, but if its full of dwi's, and other stuff then i might advise it, i have been dealing with this kind of crap for 2 yrs so if you have some questions then hit me up with a pm or email me at sky_centry@hotmail.com
Old Oct 16, 2003, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

I got a ticket last year in my s2k from the Cary cops on Cary Parkway. It was 62 in a 45 . I went to court and told them I had a clean record, which was true only by a few weeks, and it was reduced to 54 in a 45 . Like the earlier posts said, if you have a clean record, show up and see what the DA will give you. They usually will negociate pretty good. Then once you agree to a certain mph over the speed limit, you just plead guilty to that new speed in front of the judge and you're done. If you're not happy with the new speed, ask for a "prayer for judgement". If they grant you one, consider yourself lucky because if you get another speeding ticket within the next three years, they will bring the old one back on you along with the new one. I was denied a "prayer for judgement" once for a ticket in Raleigh (same court, wake county) because I was speeding too execssively (69 in 45, construction) and I had another ticket on my record already. That one sucked, but I still was able to reduce it to 10 over. 9 over is what you are shooting for because that won't affect your insurance rate. 10 or more, you can expect your auto insurance to go up.

I just save it for www.virclub.com
Old Oct 22, 2003, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

I am in Lake Norman area and it will be 3 yrs ago in may that i received 2 tickets in less than a week. All I can say is get a lawyer. It was race weekend here and talk about state trooper hell. I received one on sat morning doing 63 in a 45 then on the next friday i received a 60 in a 45, located less then a mile apart....i was just about to slow down to when he got me, stupid back roads, you think they wouldnt park in someones drive way right before a bunch of fun turns....anyway..I should have lost my liscence but I went a got a lawyer ( he gave me a deal since I had 2) cost me about $650 in lawyer fees and all of the court costs and I never had to go to court or anything. So my suggestion pay the extra $ and get it done right...All attorneys are friends with the judges so get on who is close to the judge...ask around and see who has gotten similar charges and who they went to and if they got it dropped or not. next time u fly by a cop just go!! and go fast maybe u can lose him, and if you not good enough just say you never saw him till he was on your bumper...lol....peace