Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

42 Autosports

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
42 Autosports

So... 42 Autosports, Rock Hill, SC...

Anyone gotten anything done there? They offered me a good deal on a Hawk brake job, and I want to see if anyone's had experiences.

Last edited by Benz04GSR; Aug 3, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

never heard of them
Old Jul 29, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

And depending on what Hawks you're talking about, I'd stay away from them. The HPS suck in my opinion, if you plan on doing any spirited driving that is.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
And depending on what Hawks you're talking about, I'd stay away from them. The HPS suck in my opinion, if you plan on doing any spirited driving that is.
Aah, they were the HPS's! But the guy that recommended them drove the AMS "UNLIMITED" Time Attack Evo and owns Seat-Time Racing...Jon Krolewicz.

It's kind of an "opener job" to get me in with the shop" deal. No one's heard of them?

Last edited by Benz04GSR; Jul 29, 2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Benz04GSR
Aah, they were the HPS's! But the guy that recommended them drove the AMS "UNLIMITED" Time Attack Evo and owns Seat-Time Racing...Jon Krolewicz.

It's kind of an "opener job" to get me in with the shop" deal. No one's heard of them?
Jon K.'s a good guy. I know him & his father well! I still don't recommend the HPS! Just my opinion, but I understand where you're coming from. But mine were toast after one auto-x. Even the stockers held up better to me.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
Jon K.'s a good guy. I know him & his father well! I still don't recommend the HPS! Just my opinion, but I understand where you're coming from. But mine were toast after one auto-x. Even the stockers held up better to me.
Yeah, I met his dad through Firestone on Two Notch, and he got me in touch with Jon and 42 MS. I'm looking into moving a little further into this stuff a few months after my son's born.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

True. The best reference is the Drivetrain/Brakes/Suspension section where a lot of pads, fluids, lines, everything is listed with specs. You can decide which is best for you from some of those charts and research. Does Jon run this 42 or work there?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

No, but they work with him and his dad on some of their "not so spotlight" cars. His dad recommended them, so I'm guessing that they're pretty solid. They've worked on alot of Evos and WRXs, from what he was sayin.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

No, but they work with him and his dad on some of their "not so spotlight" cars. His dad recommended them, so I'm guessing that they're pretty solid. They've worked on alot of Evos and WRXs, from what he was sayin.
where is this place at? if they worked on so many evos why have we not hurd about them? do they have a website or antyhing
Old Aug 3, 2009, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

No website, but I'm guessing they're a "mom and pop" shop in SC. I know I'd rather drive there than to Fayettevile, and I don't know why no one's heard of them... Mr. K said that they're pretty reputable!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

so...called Steve from 42 today... the actual name of the shop is 42 AUTOSPORTS... so I'm requesting title change from mods... Great guys, and they do have a website.

I'll let you guys know how my stuff goes.

Last edited by Benz04GSR; Aug 4, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 07:52 AM

So... 42 Autosports, Rock Hill, SC...

Anyone gotten anything done there? They offered me a good deal on a Hawk brake job, and I want to see if anyone's had experiences.
Trolling for other info and stumbled on this. I'll Vouch for Steve up there at 42. I've known him for 4-5 years in racing. He's a very good mechanic and I've never seen a failure on his car due to anything other then a manufacture issue. He built the current one lap of america champion GTR. He also sorted out my buddies problematic SSC Mazda 3 race car and I believe the car finished 4th at the june sprints after having a string of issues before he finally took it to steve. I know it's my first post but you can take your car to steve with confidence, he's a good guy and a good tech.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
Trolling for other info and stumbled on this. I'll Vouch for Steve up there at 42. I've known him for 4-5 years in racing. He's a very good mechanic and I've never seen a failure on his car due to anything other then a manufacture issue. He built the current one lap of america champion GTR. He also sorted out my buddies problematic SSC Mazda 3 race car and I believe the car finished 4th at the june sprints after having a string of issues before he finally took it to steve. I know it's my first post but you can take your car to steve with confidence, he's a good guy and a good tech.
thats good to know
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Got my brakes done by 42 AutoSports today, and...they ROCK!

I had all pads replaced, brakes fully cleaned (with a brush and everything), rear rotors replaced, a break in drive (w/ me accompanied) and a couple questions tested and answered about my car, all in about 2 hours.

Best thing is that they didn't sit and look at the car, trying to figure it out, like alot of shops (even though the Ford Taurus they're looking at is just like the Ford Taurus they looked at an hour ago)... I had an appointment, and they knew the car when I got there.

Great guys, very knowledgable. They don't try to squeeze the hours out of you, yet take their time to do the job right. They didn't bad-talk other shops, and talked greatly about shops like AMS. I definately recommend them to anyone who wants a quality shop around here that understands the needs of cars like ours.