Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Meet Accident

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009 | 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Really sucks to see man. Looks like the X is just as fragile if not more fragile than the 8-9's.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo IX MR
Really sucks to see man. Looks like the X is just as fragile if not more fragile than the 8-9's.
Uhhh more like it looks like the VIII ran right into the face of the X with it's corner.
Take a tin box. Take another tin box. Hold one so that it's corner is pointing towards the other's face. Now smash the two together. Hmmmm... what happens?
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:13 PM
Account Disabled

with the bag deploying, it will be totaled. Sorry man. That is some ****. I really hope you get taken care of.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:22 PM

Yea that sucks man hate to see one evo wrecked, but two wrecking into each other really sucks. I work at a body shop and I really dont think your car will total, really doesn't look that bad I see way worse come to the shop worth less vaule and not come close to totaling, but yea find a good body shop hate to see a new evo get jerry riged up.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Still looking for body shop recommendations please.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:38 PM
Account Disabled

I have grown up in a body shop and junk yard, why would yous say the frame rails are bent that is silly, they are not bent ! the blunt of the hit is focused in between the frame rails. Just because bags deploy does not mean the car is tootled, Its a 40 thousand dollar car, not an 03 8 with 89k on it !
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:40 PM

danm that sucks man. i will cry if i hit my car like that.:S
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mantosride
I have grown up in a body shop and junk yard, why would yous say the frame rails are bent that is silly, they are not bent ! the blunt of the hit is focused in between the frame rails. Just because bags deploy does not mean the car is tootled, Its a 40 thousand dollar car, not an 03 8 with 89k on it !
edit--I see you are responding to some one else. I take back my comment.

Last edited by Jeremycafe; Nov 7, 2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Hope everyone is ok. Im wondering if thats the same blue 8 that was driving like a jackass earlier in the day...driving through grass and just being dumb in general.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by accrane
Hope everyone is ok. Im wondering if thats the same blue 8 that was driving like a jackass earlier in the day...driving through grass and just being dumb in general.
Same driver and car, but that's not the owner of the car. The owner of the car was filming from other cars for better angles.

I doubt Jarred had any idea the driver of his car was being such a jackass
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

well then I hope this guy has some good insurance since he wasn't behind the wheel...
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry about your accident! but I still don't understand how can this happened? when the meet exit was from the other side? what was he doing? there?...We drove 18 miles with well over 100 evo's and no accident? this is what we try to avoid. the meet when 100% perfect no ACCIDENT NO PROBLEMS!!!!! I hope we can all learn from this accident!

I really hope you are fine after the fact " no injury's no problems with insurance...and hope that my friend Jarred get his evo fix or replace!
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, sorry to hear it. If the airbags went off, with that much damage on the front end I suspect it will be totaled, but either way, glad to hear your alright and no one was seriously hurt. This is what I hate to see (as im sure everyone on here does) people just being jackasses with their cars. Yeah, I hope the owner of the blue car had comprehensive insurance to cover the car regardless of the driver, or the driver had good insurance of his own, or they'll both probably be paying out the *** for it.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

This has to be the most embarassing thing.... getting into an accident with a fellow EVO owner while leaving a meet. I hope the person at fault learns a good lesson to always exit a meet carefully and obey the speed limits....

I honestly believe this could have been avoided if the person at fault would have exercised more restraint and caution....
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Glad no one got hurt but damn two Evo hitting each other? That's just don't sound so good man. Hope all goes well with the insurance.

Quick Reply: Meet Accident