Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Meet Accident

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009 | 10:22 PM

OP you have a pm
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
This has to be the most embarassing thing.... getting into an accident with a fellow EVO owner while leaving a meet. I hope the person at fault learns a good lesson to always exit a meet carefully and obey the speed limits....

I honestly believe this could have been avoided if the person at fault would have exercised more restraint and caution....
I don't think you understand what happened. I was leaving the meet (left the same way we came in) and as i came up to the T intersection he came flying out of the side rode and straight into me. This happened because he was messing around on public roads, this wasnt a normal driving accident. He cut the corner very very short and ran the stop sign at a high speed. His friend was kneeling on the corner as he passed by. I thought he was filming but I have no proof of that, just my speculation on how he was positioned when i saw him.

Unfortunately, the trucks on that corner block all view, so I had no way to see him coming at that speed. By the time I saw him, I probably had 1 second of breaking time before collision. It was more of a how can I brace for this rather than how can I avoid.

Last edited by Jeremycafe; Nov 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

op ur car isnt totalled.. so that will be good news i hope... i work for a body shop and seen way worse then that get fixed... they look for more then just airbag deploy.. sorry to hear about the accident but at least everyone is ok. im suprised u didnt beat the pizz out of the driver lol
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06ravenmr
op ur car isnt totalled.. so that will be good news i hope... i work for a body shop and seen way worse then that get fixed... they look for more then just airbag deploy.. sorry to hear about the accident but at least everyone is ok. im suprised u didnt beat the pizz out of the driver lol
I always thought the same thing if this would ever happen to me. But I think it was a mix of shock of what happened and just the realization that I can't change what happened. Was more concerned of just getting everything in order to make the rest of the bad experience less painful.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

This really sucks man..I was so depressed to not be able to attend..Im in VA with work,but..Everyone i know went..All i can say,is you sir are a very calm individual..I really have no idea what i wouldve done..Most likely something not good..To that i tip my hat to you,and hope that the drivers insurance takes care of the damage..Its always the inocent bystanders..Hope all is well..Justin
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

If i were you when the Insurance person comes to look at the car i would try and persuade them to total it if they try not to. I still personally think it will be. Only has to be 40% of the value of the car and well we all know how much these parts can cost. I cant belive im about to say this, cause i usually dont believe in this but, i would sue that guy. Wasnt even his car and he was driving like that? I be damn some idiot takes what i work so hard for with something he didnt even own.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Thats terrible! Im glad everyones okay, and Im sure the insurance will get it handled.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

man what a not so smart guy! tisk tisk he was trying to show off
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chargespeedMR
man what a not so smart guy! tisk tisk he was trying to show off
Well it was just him and his buddy out there. I think he was just trying to enjoy a car that wasn't his. A local witness said they were peeling out a few times before the accident happened. The show let out sooner than expected so they really didn't expect anyone to be coming down the road yet. Not that it excuses what he did...but just to explain it a bit more.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that...good thing nobody got hurt.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

and i thought when he drove through the grass to miss oncoming traffic was crazy

sorry bro
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

thats crazy !!!! i was the rr evo x parked next to you at the meet,
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeremycafe
Well it was just him and his buddy out there. I think he was just trying to enjoy a car that wasn't his. A local witness said they were peeling out a few times before the accident happened. The show let out sooner than expected so they really didn't expect anyone to be coming down the road yet. Not that it excuses what he did...but just to explain it a bit more.
Was the guy at fault apologetic? What did he say? Or did he pull the "it was your fault not mine" trick. That is a perdicament for the owner of the Evo 8. I would disown that so called "friend".
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

The sound of metal and aluminium crunching when those cars collided is the same noise my insurance rates are going to make when they fly straight through the roof. I would've gotten out of the car and backhanded whoever was driving until the skin on my hand was raw.

If I was a witness when this happened, I would've still gotten out and slapped the guy numerous times, just not as many.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by warp9
Was the guy at fault apologetic? What did he say? Or did he pull the "it was your fault not mine" trick. That is a perdicament for the owner of the Evo 8. I would disown that so called "friend".
Yeah, he was pretty shook over what happened. Doesn't excuse his actions, but he knew he really screwed up. I did hear "thats all I remember" a few times, but I don't see him trying to avoid taking the blame. I think he was still in the mode of 'how do i make this go away.'

But ya, he was genuinely apologetic and felt like crap over what he did. Hats off to Jarred as well. Having to come by and see his own car smashed when he wasnt even driving must have been pretty aggravating, but he kept his cool as well through the entire thing.

The report shows a reckless driving charge handed out, so I can't imagine this being a tough case for insurance.

Again, just want to say thanks to those who helped out as opposed to laughing that two evos were smashed. You guys made a crappy situation a lot easier. The two of you from Jacksonville that drove me back home, i was too out of it to remember names, but you two are great people for sticking around for me like that. You two went out of your way to make sure I got all the info I needed and got home safely. And you let me feel the power of that sick evo 8.

Last edited by Jeremycafe; Nov 8, 2009 at 07:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Meet Accident