Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Meet Accident

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009 | 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

try to total it and use then get a new one if you still want an X. even if a good body shop is able to fix it very well, the inside mechanicals parts will give you problem after problem cuz even if they are not damaged to the eye, it still will have after side effects. Did the insurance come to inspect it already?

This is from my personal experience like 4 years ago. My car (wrx) was in an accident and i had it flatbedded to my frd's bodyshop, the engine wont start, insurance came and total it when they see the engine wont even turn. then I decided to fix it so after my buddy fix the cosmetics I had it tow to my mechanic and they were like... the engine isn't dead, its just the damage to the starter wiring harness. They replaced it, engine starts. The downside was I already ordered an JDM STI engine and it was on the way.... So I have to part out the wrx engine.

Hope this helps

PS: the airbags in my wrx weren't deployed cuz the angle of impact didn't touch the senor.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

The only down side to a total..I don't have GAP insurance. Lesson possibly learned there. I have heard that it is possible to get that difference from his insurance to cover what I have to pay out of pocket. Hopefully that is true if they say its totaled.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Jeremycafe, I was the one who applied firstaid. Really sorry about this. I arrived possibly 5 minutes after this happened and saw how shook up you was. You were handling it pretty good. Not sure if I would've handled it the same way so props to you. Take care of that burn on your arm. Good Luck.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm, that is interesting cuz when I got my X, the dealer forced me to buy the GAP for extra 500. I didn't even know I had the option to say no, maybe your dealer put the charge on your inovice without even telling you (thats real shady if its true, but its good in your case), take out the invoice paper and take a look at it.

and if it was the other guys fault 100% then his insurance shouldve pay for your car and you can (maybe) claim your insurance for the difference when you have full coverage.(I doubt that his insurance will pay less than what your car is worth/what you owe bank)
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 08:45 AM

Man, evo on evo violence, not cool. really sucks to see two nice cars get messed up like that, but like you said atleast no one was hurt.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

I left at about 7-730 and they were still there on the grass waiting on somebody. The owner was cool, videotaping everything and documenting a great event but he just let the wrong douchebag drive his car. Said douchebag was ****ing around with his friends car and took the entire meet from good to bad with the smart idea that flying around a blind curve at whatever speed less than a block from CFRC was cool or fun. I think his insurance would love this explanation of what happened and what story they told them because most people dont have other people on there insurance. Sorry once again that this happened.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

We all know the capabilities of our cars. Showing off these capabilities at an event like this is just the wrong time. All eyes were on us from both the Orlando traffic and the Subaru guys at CFRC. I saw a couple close calls on the way to CFRC but for the most part everyone was driving respectfully, except for the guy in the blue 8 who was driving erratically both during the convoy and apparently at the end of the meet. Unfortunate that some kid had to ruin it for all... Thanks to CFT and Procco for doing your best to try and keep the order.

Last edited by accrane; Nov 8, 2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blayq Owns You
Same driver and car, but that's not the owner of the car. The owner of the car was filming from other cars for better angles.

I doubt Jarred had any idea the driver of his car was being such a jackass
Blake is being extremely lenient in saying that kid was driving like a jackass. The way Casper and I saw saw him drive during the cruise was extremely dangerous! We saw him endanger the lives of everyone in Jarred's Evo, drivers in the cruise, and other motorists on the road quite a few times! There was an incident with a Trans-Am that put them in a situation that came very close to a head on collision. It was quite obvious from the positions of both cars after the collision that he was cutting the apex of that turn like he was racing at a track. I have video of the post collision and will back you up any way I can to make sure everything gets straightened out. As for Jarred I hope that since you weren't driving it doesn't cause any problems for you and your insurance company. If I had any idea that was your car and it wasn't you driving during the cruise I would have brought it to your attention. It is such a shame some people can't show respect for other peoples property.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

glad everone is ok and sweet my insurance is about to go up yet again!!
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Glad everyone was alright and it truly sucks that this accident happened when everyone was leaving to Proco's for more pizza which btw, is awesome.

Sucks that this happened towards the end of the event

Event btw, was amazing, the cruise, such a blast and lol evo's taking over the whole entire left lane
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 09:48 PM

IF they total your car then you will definately get TOP dollar for it.. insurance shouldnt low ball you with that. They wont total it just because of the airbags but think of how expensive airbags are. Adds a couple grand to the estimate. Bumper will be about a grand without mesh and stuff. Evo parts are not cheap at all from mitsubishi.. Good luck
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
Sorry about your accident! but I still don't understand how can this happened? when the meet exit was from the other side? what was he doing? there?...We drove 18 miles with well over 100 evo's and no accident? this is what we try to avoid. the meet when 100% perfect no ACCIDENT NO PROBLEMS!!!!! I hope we can all learn from this accident!

I really hope you are fine after the fact " no injury's no problems with insurance...and hope that my friend Jarred get his evo fix or replace!
Can i ask where the rest of the pics are? Maybe i missed it but i thought i would see a pic thread with WELL over 100 evos. thanks
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 09:55 PM

^^ you talking about the meet pics?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/so...-pictures.html
theres that if thats what you are looking for.
Old Nov 8, 2009 | 10:03 PM

oh man.... Im sorry to hear and see what happened to you guys.
Old Nov 9, 2009 | 06:57 PM

Like I said before I dont think they will total it, and it would have to be 60% of the cars value not 40%. It may work out good for you though, we are pretty flexable at our shop and say you wanted a upgraded intercooler we will swap factory for the upgrade one and work out the numbers, if it is a little more you pay the different and if its cheaper you get some money back. So you could get some different headlights and hood maybe. So if you are interested in doing that you could talk to the body shop that you take it to and see if they would do that, some dont because they dont want to deal with messing with the price difference and some dont because they dont want to mess with the insurance company, some insurance companies dont want you to do that, it all depends. Anyways goodluck with everything.

Quick Reply: Meet Accident