Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Decent tune in NC?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2010, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason@Spec-Ops
Chris, it comes down to customer service and an excellent product. A shop that will drive 45 minutes at 1am in the morning in order to help another shop prep a car to be tuned knowing that it is going to leave them about 2 hrs of sleep before a full day of tuning the next day. Its driving 2 hrs to a customer who has a car that is unsafe to drive to retune it in order only to make the car right so that perhaps in a few weeks, possibly a correct tune can be put on the car.

I think, but cant be certain... didn't i tune your car before ? Awhile back ? I think i have... i really cant remember a single complaint from you about the car.... nor have i ever received a single complaint for the parts we have provided for you.

It erks me really that you'd make such an obtuse comment on a thread that is simply looking for a decent tune in this state and it just so happens, there is a lot of support for a company you choose not to support. I will tell you.... support and respect is earned, not given. I'd say we at Spec-Ops our working our tails off to earn every bit of respect we have so far, and dont plan to stop anytime soon.

Have a wonderful evening, and enjoy the new youngin.

Just to add on to this, Josh, Matt and Jason drove up to Norfolk, Va to get some tunes in. I bet most shops wouldn't even think twice about it before they throw the idea in the trash. These guys have hooked me up with quality tunes, great advise and great customer support. I've texted Jason several times and he has helped me out in every which way he could. These guys are definitely heading in the right direction for starting there business not too long ago!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

That really got out of hand! Calm the **** down! It was just a simple question. If I was nutswinging per Matts PM I would have straight up said go to FFP **** Spec-Ops. Yes Jason did tune my car the first time, installed my cams. Made great power, then Babi tuned it on meth, made some good power. Tobz tuned it recently on e-85 and I made even more power. So these guys that have prob only been to one shop obviously are going to stick with that shop and nutswing as they say because they have never been anywhere else. Obviously I've been to different places, had good results, a few minor bad things.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

uhm........ lost of good local options. GL and welcome to the area.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cartuner08
Just to add on to this, Josh, Matt and Jason drove up to Norfolk, Va to get some tunes in. I bet most shops wouldn't even think twice about it before they throw the idea in the trash. These guys have hooked me up with quality tunes, great advise and great customer support. I've texted Jason several times and he has helped me out in every which way he could. These guys are definitely heading in the right direction for starting there business not too long ago!
Your right, not many would. I know Force-Fed does though and I'm pretty sure they are doing something of that nature right now. I know Spec-Ops does as I saw the post, results and have known them for a few years. I've seen both companies drive long distances to pick up customers cars and drive them back to Fayetteville to build them. STM does it all the time as well, I think Bushur has done it, AWD, and so on. They have gave me advice as well, helped me out with questions, even just the other day when I couldn't figure out the Zeitronix. The other day Jason was curious as to how much I paid for some STM parts from a vendor on EvoM because he was curious since he's a vendor. Even being the FFP Nutswinger I am, according to Spec-Ops I gladly devulged the information. Sure, I'm a FFP fan because I've seen the work they do, the builds they have going on, and the crazy **** they got coming up and I worked with them a lot in Fayetteville when I lived there. Your right they are on the right track, that's obvious by the multiple people posting in this thread. But, I've yet to read about anyone having a bad experience with Force-Fed either.

The post where I asked if he had been anywhere was just simply to point out the obvious which was Spec-Ops was probably the only company in the area to tune his car so no **** he only trusts them because he had a good experience. If he had been to both which I doubt then that's a different story.

Once again it was merely a simply question, close ended at that and it was interpretated poorly by some to mean something completely different.

Babi your the man, where the hell have you been! And that's a gentlmens response!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tweaker41
Babi your the man, where the hell have you been! And that's a gentlmens response!
Tweak! miss you man. The airforce is keeping me flying. Been super busy. Doing alot of diferent things lately. staying out of this place for sure. take car bro.

To the OP. Tell us about your car. Do you drag, autoX, whats your goals.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Can you guys hit me with your pricing for a Dyno+Tune? My car was tuned by Kasey last year, and I never got it on a dyno.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Can you be a nutswinger for SpecOps if you work at SpecOps?? Not sure. I will start off by saying that no one other than myself (turning wrenches) and Matt (tuning) have touched my car. When we went to Virginia, we had some free time on Sunday and decided to throw my car on the Dyno. Matt's street tune was virtually identical to the Dyno tune. That doesn't happen on accident. Thems skills!! Since I have worked there, Matt and Jason have tuned tons of cars with no complaints. Matt and Jason will put in extra time to make sure your car is tuned the best it can be before they give it back to you.

So these guys that have prob only been to one shop obviously are going to stick with that shop and nutswing as they say because they have never been anywhere else.
Why would you seek out another shop once you find a shop that you like? Even if it's the first one. Matter of fact, I am sure this is what the OP was originally about, finding local opinions about the shops here. Or am I wrong??? All I can say is check us out. Do your research, let us know what you need and your goals and we will help.

Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Are you telling me to do my research and check you guys out? If you worked for my shop and didn't have the shop name in your signature I would have already fired you!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:56 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess Bobby should be fired too for whoever it is he works for I don't micromanage what my guys have to do as long as its not helping those who decide to sling mud at us. Thats fine though as the mud slinging will slow down considerably/disappear within a year or so. We have big goals and its just getting started

For all those suggesting Spec-Ops Motorsports in this thread, its much appreciated and we wouldn't be where we are right now if it wasn't for your support and choosing us. We thank you and we will soon be starting a thread showing what we have been doing lately to make sure we have a great place for our customers to come to.

To the OP, if you would like the car to be done right the first time, we are a pm or call away to take care of you. You can't go wrong with our services, products and pricing.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Are you telling me to do my research and check you guys out? If you worked for my shop and didn't have the shop name in your signature I would have already fired you!
LOL, if you read the response again (slowly) I am telling the guy with the OP to do his research and let us know. Talk about calming the **** down. As far as the signature, look at how many posts I have. I am barely on here. All of us that work at SpecOps serve our country full time, I let my work speak for itself, not my signature.

By the way, take some time out your day to thank a soldier.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

I was just being a smart *** but it looked like you were asking me questions in both posts and the quote of what I said was in the middle. As far as serving your country, congrats, I was stationed at Fort Bragg for about six years and now I'm on recruiting duty in Colorado.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheKidd113
LOL, if you read the response again (slowly) I am telling the guy with the OP to do his research and let us know. Talk about calming the **** down. As far as the signature, look at how many posts I have. I am barely on here. All of us that work at SpecOps serve our country full time, I let my work speak for itself, not my signature.

By the way, take some time out your day to thank a soldier.
This isn't necessarily a shot at you, cause I have no idea who you are, but it seems like the whole SpecOps crew just jumped all over Tweaker for asking one question in this thread.

Looks like there is a lot of calming down needed.

To the OP, If you do decide to come down for a tune, Welcome to Fayetteville
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

I was just being a smart *** but it looked like you were asking me questions in both posts and the quote of what I said was in the middle. As far as serving your country, congrats, I was stationed at Fort Bragg for about six years and now I'm on recruiting duty in Colorado.
No thanks, I was a Drill Sergeant on Fort Jackson for 3 years and had to put up with the pressured quotas that you guys are under. Got tons of buddies doing recruiting now. Only one likes it. So good luck.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

I'd rather be kicking down doors getting shot at then doing this job! And I'm sorry, Fort Jackson is a miserable place. Probably on the top of my list of places to never go back to if I can help it.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Agreed!

Quick Reply: Decent tune in NC?