Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham Mod/Maintain?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Raleigh/Durham Mod/Maintain?

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to Evo's and I'm just wondering if anyone in the Raleigh Durham area has any recommendations for techs (or members) that mod/maintain Evos.

I know some other makes owners' organize "mod/maintain parties" where owners get together and assist each other with modding or maintaining their cars. I've seen Saturday cat-back installs, sway bar, coilover installs, headlamp/taillamp mods, etc with several cars getting a little something done. I don't expect this from all communities, but it doesn't hurt to ask in case it is going on.

With that out of the way, can anyone recommend any independents or such that are good and reasonable with Evo's in the Raleigh/Durham area for clutch, timing belts and the like?

I searched around some and found references to Spec Ops and Force-Fed. Just looking for some input.

Thanks,

--Jay
Old Mar 1, 2011, 03:17 AM
Evolving Member

+1 on Spec Ops and Force-Fed. I have heard nothing but great things from both shops.

As far as people around getting together, just find a good thread with the Raleigh/Durham area and I am sure someone will probably be doing it. I know alot of guys on here do cookouts occasionally and meets/greets and I am sure anyone would be willing to help another Evo owner. The weather is still pretty unstable as to whether its going to be warm or cold, but its warming up fast so it will be getting alot more active.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 06:50 PM
Former Sponsor

We can help with whatever you need sir.

Shoot me a PM if you need any advice or have any questions for us. Glad to see some more of the Raleigh guys getting on the forums
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Check the Raleigh/Durham/Triangle area thread. We have meets fairly regularly and are usually willing to lend a hand where we can.

We also have several shops in the Fayetteville area
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FERNO
Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to Evo's and I'm just wondering if anyone in the Raleigh Durham area has any recommendations for techs (or members) that mod/maintain Evos.

I know some other makes owners' organize "mod/maintain parties" where owners get together and assist each other with modding or maintaining their cars. I've seen Saturday cat-back installs, sway bar, coilover installs, headlamp/taillamp mods, etc with several cars getting a little something done. I don't expect this from all communities, but it doesn't hurt to ask in case it is going on.

With that out of the way, can anyone recommend any independents or such that are good and reasonable with Evo's in the Raleigh/Durham area for clutch, timing belts and the like?

I searched around some and found references to Spec Ops and Force-Fed. Just looking for some input.

Thanks,

--Jay
Welcome to the forums and glad to see you here! Let us know if you need anything and we'll be glad to help any way we can

-Matt
Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
We can help with whatever you need sir.

Shoot me a PM if you need any advice or have any questions for us. Glad to see some more of the Raleigh guys getting on the forums
Originally Posted by Spec-OpsMotorsports
Welcome to the forums and glad to see you here! Let us know if you need anything and we'll be glad to help any way we can

-Matt
Thanks!

The car is already pretty built. I'm looking into a more street-friendly setup... Mainly changing out solid motor mounts for something a little more compliant and replacing the loud exhaust with a stealth unit, etc.

Thanks again for chiming in. Watch for PM's.

Last edited by FERNO; Mar 7, 2011 at 03:45 PM.