Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Cosmo Motors in Hickory, NC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle
Out of curiosity then, how willing are these guys to negotiate on their prices?
I havn't read the whole thread but for what it's worth, this is my experience with them.

Every car they have in stock is way over the amount any bank in America will loan you.

I called about an 06 MR they had with 90K on it sometime last year. They wanted about $5200 over NADA (Which is what your bank looks at to loan on a vehicle). I told the guy I was ready to buy, pre approved, and asked him what he could do. He said "Price is firm" as in they weren't going to budge a $1. He basically said that there EVO's are perfect.

Moral of the story if you want to buy from them, you better have some cash on hand cause your not gonna finance the whole thing, and if you do manage to get a loan on it you will be severely upside down so I hope you like it.

I flew to Chicago and bought an 05 MR with 80K for 7,000 less than what they wanted for that 06 MR.....
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by boybeatertsi
I thought I would add another GREAT experience with COSMO MOTORS

My fiance and I purchased a modified z06 from Cosmo motors. The showroom was impeccable and the salesmen were very friendly. The salesmen did a great job with answering all of our questions and if they didn't know, they were on the phone to find the answer! Cosmo motors went above and beyond to aid in the purchase of this vehicle. When the pick up of this vehicle was delayed, the staff kept in constant contact and the finance man even got us a better rate! I would definitely recommend buying a used car from this dealership. My fiance and I felt the staff were very honest and not once did we feel uncomfortable with this purchase.
Did you get the title yet?

Originally Posted by MRLancer05
He basically said that there EVO's are perfect.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember calling this place when I was in the market to buy an evo and I remember looking a few 8's and a few 9's on there website at the time, like the poster above said they were VERY high priced with NO room for negotiation. he's right no bank in the world will loan that kind of money for any vehicle or real estate that's priced beyond what it would appraise for. I have never dealt with this place beyond looking at there web site and calling about the evos at the time but my experience with any types of dealerships/real estate or buying anything is buyer beware and do your homework ahead of time.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

I bought my Nissan GTR from them. The car was reasonably priced and in nearly mint condition (couple of curb marks on the wheels).

Chance was easy to deal with and waited for me to drive up after hours to look at the car.

They would not spring for a second key which most dealerships I've bought cars from in the past would offer it as part of the sale.

Car had all fluids freshly changed and they did all the services for 20k miles which is stupid expensive.

I got an excellent trade in offer for my black 2011 Evo X GSR with leather/sun roof. If you bought that one, you'll have a good car. I left the Cobb AP in there (only mod) and it has a set of TSW Nurburging (semi-solid forged) wheels.

Chance was impossible to get a hold of after the sale. They accidentally mailed the title to my permanent address in Florida instead of my house in NC. They were a little slow in paying off my loan on the Evo which resulted in an extra payment, but it a refund came after a month.

Overall, I am satisfied with the purchase. They are not perfect and about on par with other dealers in terms of service.

Based on what I've seen on Evo prices, they are indeed very high, but they have like 20-30 Evos on their lot, so you have selection. If you are patient, you'll likely find a used Evo from another forum member for less. I prefer buying from another member, because you can look them in the eye and get a sense of the trouble your getting yourself into with a used Evo.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 09:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=stylinNprofilin;10722562]like the poster above said they were VERY high priced with NO room for negotiation. he's right no bank in the world will loan that kind of money for any vehicle or real estate that's priced beyond what it would appraise for. QUOTE]

Thank You

I told the guy how high he was over NADA and that no bank will loan money for that and he was like "we do new brakes on every car"
Old Mar 26, 2013, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are expensive brakes
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:13 AM

Hey I actually bought that car! awesome I'll shoot you a PM in a few

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
I bought my Nissan GTR from them. The car was reasonably priced and in nearly mint condition (couple of curb marks on the wheels).

Chance was easy to deal with and waited for me to drive up after hours to look at the car.

They would not spring for a second key which most dealerships I've bought cars from in the past would offer it as part of the sale.

Car had all fluids freshly changed and they did all the services for 20k miles which is stupid expensive.

I got an excellent trade in offer for my black 2011 Evo X GSR with leather/sun roof. If you bought that one, you'll have a good car. I left the Cobb AP in there (only mod) and it has a set of TSW Nurburging (semi-solid forged) wheels.

Chance was impossible to get a hold of after the sale. They accidentally mailed the title to my permanent address in Florida instead of my house in NC. They were a little slow in paying off my loan on the Evo which resulted in an extra payment, but it a refund came after a month.

Overall, I am satisfied with the purchase. They are not perfect and about on par with other dealers in terms of service.

Based on what I've seen on Evo prices, they are indeed very high, but they have like 20-30 Evos on their lot, so you have selection. If you are patient, you'll likely find a used Evo from another forum member for less. I prefer buying from another member, because you can look them in the eye and get a sense of the trouble your getting yourself into with a used Evo.