Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Cosmo Motors in Hickory, NC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Motors in Hickory, NC

Cosmo Motors always has a ton of Evo's and other assorted performance cars. Has anyone here dealt with them? I'd like to know if they are reputable before I drive all the way out there. Here's their website if anyone is interested: http://www.cosmomotorsonline.com
Old Mar 12, 2011, 02:48 PM

That's where I bought my evo. Cosmo is a awesome guy and will do anything for his customers. He has helped me out a ton. I would recommended anybody to go to cosmos for a evo.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Great dealership... I have had plenty of dealings with Cosmo! Very highly recommended
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't had any direct experience with Cosmos but it looks like a promising facility to buy your EVO from.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got my Evo MR from there. Its better to go in person as some of there descriptions and photos aren't too accurate. My overall experience was good, but check them out in person first.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 07:20 AM

Very good guys to deal with. They also have a GREAT tuner that goes over all the Evos that come through there. I know for a fact that they also have a paint and body guy and a detail guy that go over every inch of the cars before they are put on show room. Now with that being said no used car is perfect so like the previous guy stated its always better if you can go in person, if possible. Good luck with your purchase.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

They have a good list of cars, but the prices are a bit high on some of them. Like an 08 MS3 with 70k miles. I'm not too sure how that is "like new". 70k miles is pretty far from new on any car.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bobby.is.rad
Cosmo Motors always has a ton of Evo's and other assorted performance cars. Has anyone here dealt with them? I'd like to know if they are reputable before I drive all the way out there. Here's their website if anyone is interested: http://www.cosmomotorsonline.com

The owner is a ***** other then that they are alright.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:33 AM

Thanks for the info guys.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:34 AM

I bought my evo from there too. I had a pretty good buying experience. Yeah their prices might be a tad high but you have to remember that you're dealing with a dealership after all, and that the majority of the cars they have are very clean for what they are.

OP-make sure you check out the car thoroughly before buying. Rip it good to make sure everything is running right. and I'd recommend pm'ing a member on here named Kasey after you purchase just to talk to him about it. Especially if you spend any of your time in the Hickory area. Good luck with everything and let us know how everything goes!

-Bryant
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Out of curiosity then, how willing are these guys to negotiate on their prices?
The following users liked this post:
japspec (Sep 9, 2019)
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle
Out of curiosity then, how willing are these guys to negotiate on their prices?
I didn't personally try to negotiate too far from what they were asking for mine, I needed to get out of the car I was trading in. They were very nice and helpful though. They talked as if they get their evo's pretty cheap so I'm sure they'd be willing to do some negotiating. When I bought mine from them, it didn't feel like the typical car buying experience. It felt like I was chatting with my buddies. Good experience.

-Bryant
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryant05TB
I didn't personally try to negotiate too far from what they were asking for mine, I needed to get out of the car I was trading in. They were very nice and helpful though. They talked as if they get their evo's pretty cheap so I'm sure they'd be willing to do some negotiating. When I bought mine from them, it didn't feel like the typical car buying experience. It felt like I was chatting with my buddies. Good experience.

-Bryant
That's good to hear! I've been wanting to plan a road trip up there just to meet some people and see their products in person. They are the closest place I know of that I could actually trade a car with for an EVO, if I wanted to.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by bobby.is.rad

Haven't heard of them or dealt with them, but it looks like they buy and sell quite a bit of evos. as long as the car ur looking at is clean and well taken care of, I think u should go for it. as far as, service, I would feel more comfortable servicing it in Fayetteville instead of that dealer.
here is alternative incase ur interested since its closer to the RTP
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2261481863.html
and this is our Raleigh thread!
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/so...area-meet.html

welcome to the evo world!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle
That's good to hear! I've been wanting to plan a road trip up there just to meet some people and see their products in person. They are the closest place I know of that I could actually trade a car with for an EVO, if I wanted to.
One thing I would like to add is that most of the time they move cars very quickly and their website isn't always kept up to date. I pass the dealership 2-3 times a week and some of the cars that are listed on the site still are long gone. If you have a particular car in mind, or anybody for that matter, it would be best to call the dealership and see what cars they actually have in stock.

-Bryant

Quick Reply: Cosmo Motors in Hickory, NC