Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

stolen evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was this a joke? I sensed no worry in his post..no photos, detailed description, no follow up...seemingly pointless "evo stolen" thread
Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bdonIX
Were your keys stolen? I can kind of relate. Three years ago, my gf had my keys in her purse and someone scouted us, stole her purse and then stole my car. They crashed it a mile away...$15k in damages. After all the body/suspension work, I picked up the car but immediately noticed the clutch was shot and shifting was rough. That got me a fully rebuilt transmission and new clutch. Luckily, the police report and my list of witnesses kept insurance from giving me a hard time.

Sorry for your loss though man.
That's where I was getting at with the immobilizer enabled or disabled question. It's impossible to start the car without the correct keys, unless they just straight up flat bed' his car.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not impossible if they bring a ECU with the Immoblizer disabled.

Y'all cold man. I think maybe he's just disgusted and decided to post being more cathartic then actually asking for help because he feels its just gone.

LOL. Damn y'all are harsh sometimes.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
If they bought a unlocked ecu it would prob run like *** and if they had the skills to tune it they probally wouldnt' be out stealing cars.
What worries me is my car came with an AEM I bought a stock IX ecu but had to unlock it to use it.
How do I go about rechipping this new ECU with my key? The guy that sold me the ecu doesn't have the vin or anything useful info to give.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

A good base map won't run like *** regardless of mods as long as you weren't trying to drive it like a bat out of hell (don't ask me how I know).

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Jul 3, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

If I was an insurance adjuster and I saw this thread Id be suspicios LOL. Owner calls it gone before its even found.

I know how it feels tho, I had a car stolen once. Worse feeling ever being a car guy.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:29 PM

I don't know... If my Evo ever gets stolen. I don't want it back. After some dirt bags have basically destroyed it. What's the point of getting it back? The only case where I would want it back were if it had LOTS of mods on it. And I mean lots of work. But even then, what ever is left isn't going to be worth much. Mods on cars are not ever worth much to begin with except for the fact they are gone I understand that; but lightly modded or not modded..Why get it back?

I mean I even know people that park everywhere with doors unlocked and key in the ignition. Worst case they have to find a ride home but then have a good excuse to go buy another car.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by my-wrx-broke
I don't know... If my Evo ever gets stolen. I don't want it back. After some dirt bags have basically destroyed it. What's the point of getting it back? The only case where I would want it back were if it had LOTS of mods on it. And I mean lots of work. But even then, what ever is left isn't going to be worth much. Mods on cars are not ever worth much to begin with except for the fact they are gone I understand that; but lightly modded or not modded..Why get it back?

I mean I even know people that park everywhere with doors unlocked and key in the ignition. Worst case they have to find a ride home but then have a good excuse to go buy another car.
Same here, I love my car to death but if it got stolen I'd never take it back. You could be chasing down endless issues with the car not knowing what happened while the thief was driving it.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Well as long as you had insurance there is no worries good luck.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

bump any update on this? A friend of mine had his GG IX MR stolen last night in Miami