Notices

Help Me Finish My Car - Mississauga

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Me Finish My Car - Mississauga

Hey guys
been lurking around the site for a while, couple of posts here and there

I have a few things i want to finish for my car this summer and wondering if anybody can help me out by recommending places to get work done or whether or not i'm being overcharged.

I drive a 2003 Lancer OZ Rally

List of items i want

Smoked Out Projector Headlights - was quoted $360 (tax in)
HID Kit (probably 8000k) - ~$200 (tax in) installed from Illumination Technik
TYC Tail Lights - i actually have the lights, but no wiring . If i could get wiring from somewhere, great, otherwise, how much for the smoked out ones?
Magnaflow Cat Back - was quoted $525 (tax in) sans installation. I'll find out which one specifically and update.

Other items that i'm not sure on yet (haven't researched, just want an expected cost)
Rims - black....really haven't researched these at all as they're last on my list, but wondering what i should be expecting to pay
Lower - again, how much should i be expecting to pay?
Intake - same as above

Any help is appreciated guys
Old May 16, 2009, 05:08 AM

hey man welcome

as for your questions...i don't know much about pricing for the parts you already have prices for, since i haven't looked into those parts for my car haha so i am not much of a help there...but for the TYC taillights i have a question...why do you need wiring? aren't they just direct swaps of the stock taillights? i'm just curious about that

where i can help you is for the final three parts you were asking about...
rims - the price range on those is huge you can pay up to a couple thousand on rims, it all just depends on what size of rim your looking for and the style/company that makes those too...and if you add tires to them the price will be affected there whether you get cheap all seasons or ultra high performances

lowering - your looking to pay 200 - 1000+...springs will be the cheapest way to go and there are multiple companies all with different amounts your car will be lowered...coilovers are the more expensive way to go but give you more adjustment and freedom you can have you car lowered from 1" to 3+", and on some you can control your damping

intake - up to $300 i think...again are you looking for a short ram intake or a cold air intake...short rams are cheaper but price varies from which company you are going to buy from or you can make one of these yourself to lower the cost even more...and cold air intakes are a going to be more expensive and the price again varies on the company you buy from

hopefully this helps you out a bit...also i am going to be looking into headlights for my car so if i come across any prices for those projectors i will let you know
Old May 25, 2009, 06:09 AM

Thank you sir
(sorry for the late reply)

the TYC's don't use the OEM wiring, they come with wires. I bought them used off somebody thinking i could just connect w/ the OEM, but that's not the case.
I'll have to see what i can do, but i've heard TYC doesn't sell just the wiring.

Rims i would be looking for black rims....nothing too crazy yet.

Lowering - coil overs.
Intake - cold air probably.

i'm still hoping i can find a good set of projectors for a cheap. same with a good HID kit.

thanks again.