Notices

July 25th Wasaga Beach Meet - Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009 | 09:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Lets not make this complicated. Summer has just begun. Lets try to have a good time for the day event and focus on that.

camping is something we can always revisit later for an official overnight thing. lol in the middle of no where, with fires, and video games.

This trip to me is all about sun and sound
Old Jul 14, 2009 | 07:11 AM

I was just at the beach yesterday, it was fun! It was pretty cold (only 21 and soooo windy) and it was still busy. The Wal-Mart is a few blocks away but still a pretty short drive. So I dunno what y'all want to do.

I think I might just go up there and do my own thing. I dunno what's wrong with me but I'm just not feeling the club anymore. I mean really, other than Mr.Duckey no one ever really talks to me anyway lol. I dunno, I just don't feel like I'm really part of you guys. (why I haven't been coming to meets)

So ya, I'm sure you guys will figure it out and get some wicked pictures somewhere. There's not a lot of parking on the strip but you guys can definitely cruise along it and stop briefly for a couple of quick pictures.

Old Jul 14, 2009 | 07:59 AM
Account Disabled

Thats too bad. Never got to meet you or talk. Not sure how we can talk to you if you arent at the meets. The club thing isn't for everyone. Yesterday was windy as hell up here lol.. waves must of been huge! how was the water? I'm told its pretty dam cold still... Up here at night it drops to around 10-12 degrees so that doesn't help.
Old Jul 14, 2009 | 08:11 AM

The water was actually pretty warm! But when you got out with the wind blowin' on you... Brrrr. The waves were over my head (I'm 5'6). It was fun!!

I'll still be at the beach that day, you'll see my car if you look for it LOL
Old Jul 14, 2009 | 08:14 AM
Account Disabled

will make it a mission then.. find your car, box you in hahaha, then you'll be forced to be at the meet.
funny story, last year same thing.. bright sunny day but wind was blowing like no tomorrow.. made it pretty cold... you dont realize how bad your getting sunburnt until the end of the day when it hurts to put a shirt on lol.. not fun.. lesson learned. Hope I didn't just sign myself up for skin cancer.
Old Jul 14, 2009 | 08:45 AM

Yeah the wind fools ya cuz you're so cold but the sun's rays are still strong. So we were cold and still burnt haha. My friend Holly got burnt on her back cuz she fell asleep for 45 mins and we kept trying to wake her up with no success. I just burnt on my chest (the one place I forgot to put sunscreen)

Beach 1&2 is where I'll be (near the Wal-Mart).

The parking is $2.00 an hour (minimum of $4). The machines take credit cards so it's convenient.
Old Jul 14, 2009 | 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerGirl08
Yeah the wind fools ya cuz you're so cold but the sun's rays are still strong. So we were cold and still burnt haha. My friend Holly got burnt on her back cuz she fell asleep for 45 mins and we kept trying to wake her up with no success. I just burnt on my chest (the one place I forgot to put sunscreen)

Beach 1&2 is where I'll be (near the Wal-Mart).

The parking is $2.00 an hour (minimum of $4). The machines take credit cards so it's convenient.
That calls for a prank. You should of put a smiley face on her back with sunscreen, teach her a lesson.
Old Jul 14, 2009 | 09:50 AM

^^ You know, that crossed my mind LOL but I just couldn't bring myself to do it!!
Old Jul 14, 2009 | 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

edit - ooh ok, maybe i should have read the entire thread before posting...
Old Jul 14, 2009 | 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

i cant keep up either hehe
Old Jul 14, 2009 | 10:30 AM

eeek sun burn good thing im asian. Hey lancer girl get some alo vera cream and put it on it will help
Old Jul 20, 2009 | 12:15 PM

So it's supposed to rain all day Saturday. Not sure what action people wanna take on this...

Still go? Wait for another weekend??
Old Jul 20, 2009 | 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

there's still time....if you notice weather changes more often then...(enter your own comment here)
Old Jul 21, 2009 | 05:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LancerGirl08
So it's supposed to rain all day Saturday. Not sure what action people wanna take on this...

Still go? Wait for another weekend??
The Wasaga Beach Date is final. Rain or shine.

That said. lol Girl, you are going by a weather forcast of 5 days out. Its like what happens to our wednesday meets. They say its fine, pure sun for Wednesday. all week they say it. But as soon as monday or tuesday hits. Magically Rain comes from no where. its like rain water comes from the lake or something instantly. lol
Old Jul 21, 2009 | 07:41 AM

Okie dokie. Well hopefully it'll change

Quick Reply: July 25th Wasaga Beach Meet - Cancelled