Notices

New injen cai intake for 2.4

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laksman91
speaking of owing, you owe me 15

I havent forgotten about you mister, I've been MIA lately with all the recent meets.. are you coming down to the west meet? if not, what's your paypal account again and i'll get that taken care of asap, whatevers good mister..

i'm still yet to check out your ride's new shoes so I hope you can make it down, schools out ... no excuses right?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by miKemoRRa
where did you get it from? and for how much?
i was quoted $510 +tax from JDM-P.
quoted $450 +tax from JRP.
autocityimports for USD $341 +$30 shipping +tax,duty,etc.

prices are crazy.
I know you have to build that relationship with JRP or any businesses for that matter. Did you mention your from TLC? maybe speak to Steve or Brent personally and see what they can do.

I can try to get a cost from them too if you want but no promises, What is reasonable for you? I can't see them dropping their cost down anytime soon because they have a lot in their inventories and demand is high but I mean it doesn't hurt to try atleast.

I will try to call them tom and I'll PM you tom if anything
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:06 PM

As per my previous note, who else is interested??

I need to throw some numbers when I call them tomorrow and see if we can get a FAIR price

Cheers
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:43 PM

thanks a lot bud, well i don't know maybe $400 at most. appreciate the help, get back to me.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:51 AM

I just got off the phone with Steve from JRP and unfortunately he won't drop the price down at all .. or even $450 tax in for that matter. we need a group buy of 5 for a ball park of $450 tax in because apparently it retails for $505 CDN.

The only alternative is an aggressive price match. If you find a price online anywhere else, online or retail, call it in and they will surely beat it.

All the Best
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya unfortunately that is the retail price. we have all seen the currency flux up and down. For example if he bought bulk of this kit when our currency was like 82 cents. he or any vendor is net going to immediately sell the kit for cheaper just because the canadian currency goes up, he would be in some ways taking a loss. so 505 is a pretty par price.

that said, one thing I know about steve is , he can make things happen. If there are 5 guys looking to buy this let me know and I will formally make the group buy stick.

Thanks Orlando for making the call
Old Jul 7, 2009, 01:10 PM

depending on the group buy pricing, i'm willing to buy so just let me know if/when four others are ready.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:12 AM

just wondering if anyone has experience with a cai in the GTA. is it ok to have it installed during our winters, i mean i leave my car parked on the driveway and sometimes those overnight storms bring just about 100 cm of snow :P. let me know if its advised or not from your experiences please, thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by miKemoRRa
just wondering if anyone has experience with a cai in the GTA. is it ok to have it installed during our winters, i mean i leave my car parked on the driveway and sometimes those overnight storms bring just about 100 cm of snow :P. let me know if its advised or not from your experiences please, thanks.
there is little chance of hydro locking... the only times i've heard it happening is when people drive over huge puddles while opening throttle (sucking in water).

snow, in its solid form, cannot enter the filter. similarly, you can get a hydro shield which would increase the safety.

but you guys are all crazy for paying 400+ for a pipe that does very minimal
Old Jul 19, 2009, 01:19 PM

Well for 400+ there is no better mod I can think of. would you recommend the rrm sri instead? How much would that cost with exchange rate, shipping, duties etc.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 05:42 PM

help me out, in your opinion, is the injen intake the best bet, considering the high price and chance of hydrolock. or is it safer/smarter to get the rrm sri for a lower price. i guess what im asking is how much better performance will the injen intake give me over the rrm. i know colder air is better for performance, but around how much more hp/tq will it produce compared to cheaper competitors.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:14 AM

i got a quote for both the injen intake and the k&n intake. they are roughly the same price +/- $20. i am having a hard time deciding, basically i want the power of the injen, but afraid of hydrolock as it is my only car. but on the other hand i cant comprehend paying almost the same price for a sri that produces less power. any opinions are helpful.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

I had the RRM on my 09 GTS and didn't like it... ordered the Injen which should be here next week, 439$ + taxes.

The RRM SRI is a good part, but the 4B12 engine doesn't seem to respond very well to it, at least, im my case and some others.

I'd go with the Injen over the K&N, just because the price is almost the same and the injen is really tuned for the 2.4 unlike the K&N which is said to fit both.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 11:12 AM

are you not worried about hydrolock?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Well, I will use the HydroShield... And seeing where the filter ends up, you'd have to go thru a hell a of big puddle to really suck water in... If you really want, you could even fab up a small deflector plate to further avoid water droplets from touching the filter...

Quick Reply: New injen cai intake for 2.4