Notices

New injen cai intake for 2.4

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am really debating on buying this intake. Everyone I ask (friends/dealer) say to stick with the SRI and they always site hydrolocking and minimal performance difference between the two. customizemyevo.com has the SP1836P advertized for $345 including Hydroshield and free shipping (hydroshield separately usually retails for $24). So far I have not seen a SRI that I would feel comfortable purchasing. Do any of the members have first hand recommendations?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:52 PM

i was in the same boat as you, gemms. i've given it a lot of thought and i am leaning towards the cai because i know i will be getting the most for my money.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:02 PM

See that's the dilemna. I don't mind spending the extra cash on getting the Injen CAI. Eventhough they state that the performance improvements ate 11hp/10ft-lb torque, I am still skeptical. Really and truly I just want to increase the responsiveness during acceleration. However if there is a SRI out there that anyone is willing to recommend I will take a look at it. As it stands right now though my heart wants the Injen!
Old Jul 20, 2009, 10:24 PM

if you buy it from that website, wont you still need to pay taxes once it crosses the border or any other fees?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

^ Yup, taxes and duty fees... Might save a lil bit, but not much. (When I ordered my RRM, it ended up costing me 360 canadian, was 219US on RRM website)

If you have a 09 GTS with the 2.4, the only option I see is the Injen because it's the only one really designed for the 2.4, all the others are for both, which I don't trust. The same intake cannot be good for 2 different engines, it might fit, but will you get some gains and not have problems? In my case, it's an easy answer because I was there...
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:39 AM

wow so how much would you estimate the cost of the injen intake from that website after taxes/duties. it is $345US.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

I'd say figure at least 60-80 of taxes and duty fees.

With today's exchange rate, this gets you at 380 + let's say 70 of duty fees = 450$ Canadian.

I paid mine 439 + Quebec taxes for a total of 495$, bought locally. If you are lucky, you will save like 40 bucks maybe (assuming free shipping).
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:01 AM

i believe its most likely only free shipping to us states. but i think im just going to buy locally. so how was the installation process, did you need to remove the front bumper? how is it driving now was it worth it or would you prefer the sri?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

I'm still waiting for it, should be here beginning of next week! Can't wait!!!

If you want more info on the install and a review, go there: http://9glancers.com/index.php/topic,4482.0.html
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

cold air intake is the way to go!
i've had the hydroshield for my injen thur the whole winter w/o problem.

SRI makes less power, because the air it sucks in is right next to the engine therefore warmer, and we all know gases expand w/ heat, so the engine gets less O2 for combustion but its more low to middle power
vs
CAI more power, because the air it sucks in is infront and below the engine. since its colder the gas molecules is closer together so u get more O2 for the engine. and the power increase from CAI is more middle to high end power

u get what u pay for =P

Last edited by absolute; Jul 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:54 PM

im down w/ the group buy, although 450 is as far as i would go.
But then again... its a group buy... we're from the "toronto lancer club", hopefully jrp could do us miracles.

oh and i checked the previous post w/ regards to this intake, bought it online from CustomizeMyEvo, their 345$ usd w/ free hydroshield. ATM, 345$usd = 381.31$CAD.

Estimate Shipping Costs
Total Items: 1 Weight: 0lbs Amount: $345.00
State/Province: Ontario

Post/Zip Code: *undisclosed to protect my whereabouts lol* <brampton>

Shipping quotes are based on the address information you selected:
Ontario <my postal cose, brampton> Canada
Available Shipping Methods Rates
FREE SHIPPING! (Free Shipping Only) $0.00

think one of our admins can contact this specific source and work out a deal for a group buy?

Last edited by da-rookie; Jul 21, 2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 08:21 AM

regardless you'd still have to pay taxes/duties. its not worth it to ship, rather buy locally.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:25 PM

That may be true but the hydroshield alone is another 25 USD. www.autoanything.com has the SP1836 as well for $327, plus they have discount codes that are easily accessible. Might be worth it to shop around. In any case your best bet is to find out what shipping company will be used to ship your intake and contact them to find out what associated costs are involved in getting it across the border.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by da-rookie
im down w/ the group buy, although 450 is as far as i would go.
But then again... its a group buy... we're from the "toronto lancer club", hopefully jrp could do us miracles.

oh and i checked the previous post w/ regards to this intake, bought it online from CustomizeMyEvo, their 345$ usd w/ free hydroshield. ATM, 345$usd = 381.31$CAD.

Estimate Shipping Costs
Total Items: 1 Weight: 0lbs Amount: $345.00
State/Province: Ontario

Post/Zip Code: *undisclosed to protect my whereabouts lol* <brampton>

Shipping quotes are based on the address information you selected:
Ontario <my postal cose, brampton> Canada
Available Shipping Methods Rates
FREE SHIPPING! (Free Shipping Only) $0.00

think one of our admins can contact this specific source and work out a deal for a group buy?

I'm almost sure that its only free shipping in the US.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 09:38 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cant understand how some of you can justify $500 or even $450 for a freakin intake lol..
At the end of the day an intake is still just pipe and a filter on the end..
In fact I'm willing to bet any other intake designed like the injen one would produce the same results..

I'm working on pricing for a custom one built by a shop on this side of the boarder meaning no shipping, duty or currency exchange.
Just a matter of getting someone interested in donating their car for the prototype.
if anyone is serious and wants to get the ball rolling, pm your contact number and will talk details.

Quick Reply: New injen cai intake for 2.4