Notices

New injen cai intake for 2.4

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ turbo

i think theres a lot of R&D and test and trials going into making a production intake thats dyno proven
cuz 1st of all its gotta make power
2nd u want it to sound good
and most important u gotta make sure, IT DOESNT THROW CEL!! a car owners worst nightmare. perfect example is the fujita SRI V1, and i think RRM SRI v1 as well both was under developed and researched resulting in CEL in less than 100 km

cuz they gotta make sure the air hits the MAF sensor in a certain way so the MAF sensor can detect the amount of air correctly, if most of the air bypasses in the MAF sensor w/ it picking up hte correct amount then ur engine cant adjust the correct amount of fuel input etc, causing it to run weird throwing the CEL (this is what i've read, as to the explanation of why fujita and RRM SRI v1 gave the CEL code)
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:34 PM

i ordered mine, left deposit, and am about to pick mine up tomorrow? i am really worried about the hydrolock situation. what are the chances?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

^IMO rare, unless you drive into a REALLY REALLY deep puddle then you'd just have to drive slow.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by absolute
@ turbo

i think theres a lot of R&D and test and trials going into making a production intake thats dyno proven
and most important u gotta make sure, IT DOESNT THROW CEL!! a car owners worst nightmare. perfect example is the fujita SRI V1, and i think RRM SRI v1 as well both was under developed and researched resulting in CEL in less than 100 km

cuz they gotta make sure the air hits the MAF sensor in a certain way so the MAF sensor can detect the amount of air correctly, if most of the air bypasses in the MAF sensor w/ it picking up hte correct amount then ur engine cant adjust the correct amount of fuel input etc, causing it to run weird throwing the CEL (this is what i've read, as to the explanation of why fujita and RRM SRI v1 gave the CEL code)
I totally agree with you in in this case I never said there isn't any R&D.. However once the initial proven design is compete theres nothing stopping anyone from using the same tube design and MAF location. Also who's to say altering it slightly wouldn't even improve the air flow efficiency. $500 for an intake whatever way I look at it is absurd in my eyes.

I'll also say that the person who does volunteer their car for the initial prototype, even if something did come up like a cel, its not like the shop would be like ok, we got your money see ya... trust me, they will make any adjustments needed at their cost not yours.

I would just do it on my car but my money is going toward my other project car. If someone wants to step up, Once the first one is done and all is good, I have no issues running a group buy for them.

Who wouldn't want a something like the injen for $150-$200 bucks less + in canadian

Last edited by turbotime; Jul 23, 2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:42 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by miKemoRRa
i ordered mine, left deposit, and am about to pick mine up tomorrow? i am really worried about the hydrolock situation. what are the chances?
from what I've read around, you'd have to be extremely unlucky or almost submerge your engine lol
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:01 AM
Former Sponsor

I would say the RRM one didnt have near as many issues as the Fujita. And remember, Fujita didnt even know about the CVT version. you couldnt mount it.

lol I remember someone in the club saying. WTF it doesnt fit. I spent 2 hours figuring out if i screwed up the install lol.

Originally Posted by absolute
@ turbo

Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:53 AM

so all in all was it worth it to get the injen cai? do you worry about hydrolock? how is the install for it, do you think i'll be able to do it on my own and without taking off the front bumper (don't have experience doing any of this and its the 2.4 version).

btw this will be the first mod to my car. i'll be getting the hydroshield aswell, am i making the right choice?

Last edited by miKemoRRa; Jul 23, 2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
lol I remember someone in the club saying. WTF it doesnt fit. I spent 2 hours figuring out if i screwed up the install lol.
LOL
someone called my name?!? hahaha..
all i can say is go with injen cai..
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by miKemoRRa
so all in all was it worth it to get the injen cai? do you worry about hydrolock? how is the install for it, do you think i'll be able to do it on my own and without taking off the front bumper (don't have experience doing any of this and its the 2.4 version).

btw this will be the first mod to my car. i'll be getting the hydroshield aswell, am i making the right choice?

i dont know how different the install is between your 2.4 and my 2.0 but it was real easy, instructions lay it out super simple. "hardest" part was getting the front bumper off cause i had no idea how many or where all the fasteners were holding it on, think it was like 14 bolts/screws and 14 - 16 plastic clips, if i can do it battling nausea/fighting off puking, im sure you can too
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

today it rained like a ***** and roads were semi flooded i went on the left lane but there was huge puddle right under my CAI!!

thank god for hydroshield =P piece in mind though after i hit that huge puddle which sprayed water everywhere in my wheel well, i drove in a way where my RPMs were always under 2200. inorder to eliminate any chances of hydrolock by not having my engine vaccum so much air lol
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:28 PM

yikes, might have been tempted to shut it off and push it thru haha