Notices

New injen cai intake for 2.4

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New injen cai intake for 2.4

Looked at Injen website and the new injen intake designed for 2.4L are now available for sale. I called JRP and inquired on the price = $430 --PLUS TAX == $494.50!!! Looks like i'm going to be sticking with my INJEN 2.0 -- Oh yah I asked JRP if Injen is willing to just sell just the enarlge tubing where the maf sensor is - just like buying replacement parts --and he said no. Injen doesn't sell this kind of parts, you have to buy the whole kit.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 02:32 PM

ill stick with my 2.0.

..wait. i dont have a 2.0
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LovingMyLancer
Weird. I was just in JRP not even 3 hours ago, and the guy said that it's not for sale yet! He said they were still working on instructions or something like that. I dunno, thats pretty weird though, cause as far as I know, the release date was the end of May.. but anyways, yeah $500.. no thanx!
they are on its way. The information might have been put into there system so you can pre order you kit.

but from what i heard the kit has been released to wholesalers, meaning shipping from the factory in bulk. i am sure by months end they will be at all vendors.

Second point, I wrote about this about 2 years ago. Mitsubishi's late decision to make a new engine version of the lancer is a bad idea for the aftermarket. Because R&D costs will likely go up. it wouldnt surprise me if the price of the kit stays high. Its because there are Far fewer 2.4L lancers in circulation than the 2.0 .

Its sad, but true. Time will tell how much the price comes down.

Last edited by evo_soul; Jun 8, 2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 05:17 AM

I'm still worried about buying aftermarket parts without a US ECU flash. I really want a CAI, but after reading what Evo_Soul posted, I've held off ony all aftermarket parts for now.

We should schedule a group drive down to buffalo to get an ECU flash!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:23 PM

Just an FYI,

I originally purchased the 2.0L Injen CAI way back in March or April from JRP and returned it few days after because Evo Soul confirmed 2.4L was in the works... I have been waiting since and Steve from JRP confirmed 2 weeks ago that in 2 weeks it should arrive. I didn't get a chance to contact them today but they get shipments every Tuesdays and Thursdays.. Good posibility my order was in the batch for todays shipment.

Apparently it would be the first kit shipped out in Canada and considering I only paid around 3 bills for it, consider it a steal I guess... if it ever arrives!

Keep you posted and I'll take pics if they have it by tomorrow!

Cheers-
Old Jun 11, 2009, 09:46 PM

wow 2.4L injen cai... i think it would be a great idea for a group buy ones this has been put out to open. shoot anything under 5bills would be great.. 4 bills? done
Old Jun 12, 2009, 05:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by da-rookie
wow 2.4L injen cai... i think it would be a great idea for a group buy ones this has been put out to open. shoot anything under 5bills would be great.. 4 bills? done
In mid summer we are going to have a special pricing day at JRP... just working out the details . but there will be deals to had.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
In mid summer we are going to have a special pricing day at JRP... just working out the details . but there will be deals to had.

awesome
Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

further more, remember release date in USA doesnt mean instantly over here in Canada. So wait, and remember prices start high and go lower over time, not the other way around. Its simply supply and demand. Doesnt matter what name you say, JRP, XYZ or ABC. basically if you have a product first you set the price and competitors bid the price lower.

Some people have money to burn and want the latest greatest thing here and now. other wont...

I was the same way when Intel Quad Cores came out. hehe i waited, and about a year ago scored one for 230 bucks. Cheap. vs. the 600 tag a year and 6 months ago. When the supply increase the price will go down.

So people can always argue the price is high... but there are multiple reasons why its the way. heheh JRP isnt standing there like a villian twisting long mustaches out to get your money. The run a business have a wide network of big names, and gets product first.

its how it is
Old Jun 12, 2009, 06:00 PM

Just an update,

Finally spoke to Steve from JRP and he 3 way'd the call to an Injen sales rep from US of A and he confirm that 3-5 sets will be shipped out next week to JRP and may take about a week or two to arrive.. keep an eye on that!

As per to my situation, because I have been waiting since March... mine will be expedited and should arrive next week.

Hopefully, this is the last week I will have to wait

will keep you posted
Old Jun 12, 2009, 06:12 PM

im jealous! again! as always! lol
Old Jun 14, 2009, 03:59 PM

So what is the issue with needing an ECU flash? I'd go searching but I have an 8 month old crawling all over me :laugh:
Old Jun 14, 2009, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Long Term fuel trim = Ultra long fuel trim.

In short, The Canadian ECU has an unfavorable Fuel Trim bias that affects learning aspects. This is why when you dyno an intake upgrade right after installing there is almost no gain. until much much much later on.

Not normal.

Some speculate it was a way to skirt Fuel Economy expectations. Think about it, if you drive like a pure a crazy man, for 5 km this almost has no impact on your long term fuel trim. this is an arbitrary example, but you get the point

Quick Reply: New injen cai intake for 2.4