Notices

for those on the west side

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greedy_son
^ Rain seems to do this to meets.

Anyone wanna do a mini meet on wednesday 17 June at AMC ? Wanna see some other rides and get some ideas for future mods.
Sure, I'm pretty sure I can make it just need to see my schedule for next week which I'll have later today or tomorrow.
Octane and myself will be there 100% if we aren't working (we're co-workers)

I'll make a mini-(non-offical) meet thread Sat night for Wednesday June 17th at AMC for anyone who wants to come.

About the pre-meet for 6pm last night. Octane and myself were running late unfortunetly due to last min delays but still showed up at 6:25pm, then headed over to the official East end meet.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 09:40 AM

^ Rain seems to do this to meets.

Anyone wanna do a mini meet on wednesday 17 June at AMC ? Wanna see some other rides and get some ideas for future mods.
would've been sweet if it is a thurs..
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Thursday are no good for me, alot going on lol.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stitchflip
+1everyone who has a car and wants to drive fills up their car too..let's face it, filling up, no matter how much the gas prices are, is part of having a car..everyone in the GTA pretty much pays for the same amount of gasand for the part where meets are always on the east, it just so happen that the 1st or i think 2nd east meet got rained out reason why they did 2 east meets after that 1 west end meet..i believe the meet that went down yesterday is the start of a new rotation which means the next meet will be on the west (as far as i know since we do 1 east and 1 west meet per month)..i think you can find it stated on previous meet threads (if I'm not mistaken)and yes, it would definitely be nice to have 20+ cars in an official meet..but like i said, mini-meets are also encouraged..but attending the OFFICIAL MEETS will be greatly appreciated (i just like seeing a lotta sick lancers in a meet, that's all)
there isnt really a rotation for meets , kc is a central place and everyone has to drive to get there no matter where you live ,

if all the west guys that said they were going to come out last night actually came out there woulda been almost 20 cars , cant blame the rain cuz there is a backup location in case of rain .

im not trying to be a dick to anyone or start **** with anyone im not on here for that and im not directing these comments at anyone im just saying this based on alot of things different people have said, but why join a car club if your not going to come out and support the official meets?why join knowing that you have to drive to the meet locations and then complain about it?why complain about when meets are,what time they are where they are , if you want to go then cool the more the better , if you dont want to go then dont , no one has a gun to your head forcing you to go , but complaining about it is kinda pointless

so far the only ones reppin for the west at official meets on a regular basis are octane , cash and turbo , they come out everytime to support the club . Out of respect for that the first meet in july will be a west meet ,
Old Jun 12, 2009, 01:34 PM

Well I work on Wed June 17th till 9pm, so I can probably be there for like 9:30pm. Problem is I dunno if theres a lot of lighting in that parking lot.

Octane can be there tho. What time do we wanna be there for? like 7 or 8?

EDIT: I'm just trying to set up some mini-meets nothing official just for those who want to come and hang out. Thats why I suggested 403 and dundas timmies cuz theres a lot of other nice car and bikes that show up.
Either way I hope I can gather more West siders and get their contact as a tool to push for more poeple to show at official meets.

Last edited by xCASHx; Jun 12, 2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 03:07 PM

Thursday are no good for me, alot going on lol.
would've dropped by if it will be a thurs since i would be in the area - well, not really but pretty close.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 05:49 PM

My comment regarding the gas prices was out of sarcasm people...

Prior to owning a 09 Lancer, I once owned and maintained an IS300 V6 since 2002. It's not a fuel efficent vehicle and also a burden in the pocket because it requires premium gas pumped. On that note, I'm no stranger with high gas prices nor will I refuse to drive the vehicle for that reason. I would be driving the same vehicle to this day if it wasn't for the unfortunate accident. Driving from Mississauga to KC was never an issue..

I have been to various TLC meets and several times at Kennedy Commons, saw a lot of nice rides and had the pleasure to meet and network too. Also, the reason why we have 4 meets out of the month is for the equal opportunity to participate to the one that permits with our schedule... unfortunately even with the number of meets lined up for the month, it may or still conflicts with our own obligations whether its related to work or family matters. Whatever the case may be, you can't justify our unwillingness to participate just because we have been M.I.A. lately. I can't speak on behalf of everyone but this how I feel.

I agree weather is not to blame, I will make myself available when possible. I joined TLC for the same reason you all did. Im just a car enthusiast now give me a boom boom boom!

Regards-
Old Jun 12, 2009, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by imamamasboy
My comment regarding the gas prices was out of sarcasm people...

Prior to owning a 09 Lancer, I once owned and maintained an IS300 V6 since 2002. It's not a fuel efficent vehicle and also a burden in the pocket because it requires premium gas pumped. On that note, I'm no stranger with high gas prices nor will I refuse to drive the vehicle for that reason. I would be driving the same vehicle to this day if it wasn't for the unfortunate accident. Driving from Mississauga to KC was never an issue..

I have been to various TLC meets and several times at Kennedy Commons, saw a lot of nice rides and had the pleasure to meet and network too. Also, the reason why we have 4 meets out of the month is for the equal opportunity to participate to the one that permits with our schedule... unfortunately even with the number of meets lined up for the month, it may or still conflicts with our own obligations whether its related to work or family matters. Whatever the case may be, you can't justify our unwillingness to participate just because we have been M.I.A. lately. I can't speak on behalf of everyone but this how I feel.

I agree weather is not to blame, I will make myself available when possible. I joined TLC for the same reason you all did. Im just a car enthusiast now give me a boom boom boom!

Regards-
thats really the point im trying to get across , everyone is on different schedules not everyone can make every meet , go to the ones you can make it to , but dont complain about where they are or what days they are ., go to the ones you can make it to and the ones you cant make it to oh well there will be more

i was all for 3-4 meets a month to make it easier for people to make it to a meet in the month , but almost everyone was against that , i was completely out voted in the poll ,so we stick with the 2 a month , if it was up to me there would be weekly meets in a central spot to make it fair to everyone , but 90% was against that , its hard trying to find a good balance to please everyone , im trying to do the best i can with the meets and meet locations , maybe to make things a little better starting july we have one meet in the east on meet in the west

east we got kennedy commons

would 403 n dundas be good for all the west guys for the west meet locations or is there somewhere better?

better yet someone pm me 4 good locations for west meet spots and ill make a poll most voted wins and that will be the spot for the west meets
Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:04 PM

well... 403 and dundas is one good spot (my vote... timmys right there!), courtney park is good as well.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:27 PM

^^ Tim Hortons is absolutely disgusting....LOL

I don't care where they are, it's a long drive for me regardless LOL (Is Peterborough farther than Barrie??)

I don't have the same sched every week so sometimes I have weekdays off, sometimes weekends... I make it when I can
Old Jun 12, 2009, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OctaneX2
well... 403 and dundas is one good spot (my vote... timmys right there!), courtney park is good as well.
whats a good night for 403 n dundas , i know there are big meets there jus dunno when
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
whats a good night for 403 n dundas , i know there are big meets there jus dunno when
wed there seems to be a lot of people
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:39 PM

yea just last Wed there was a bunch of different rides, Supercars, and bikes. Only like "club" meet I've ever seen there was a cobalt meet but they go home by like 9pm lol.

Octane and myself show up there cuz it seems to me a bunch of friendly poeple who like seeing a variety of different rides. (no its not swarmed with civics lol very few-none actually)
Old Jun 13, 2009, 04:31 AM

I do know Toronto Mazda 3 club meets are thursdays but they spot is in hurontario and 401, right by AMC (or whatever theater that is)..I also know that they have I think 6-8 meets in a month (thurs and Sundays).But if we're looking at Thursdays somewhere by 403, we should be fine. If only there's an exit on 403 going to that theater between Mavis and Hurontario. It has a huge parking spot and it's pretty empty on Thursdays too. I'm not sure if there is a Timmies or a good bubble tea place close by.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:24 AM

closest bubble tea location that i know off (the really good ones) are as follows: Hurontario and eglinton or burnhamthorpe and creditview.

btw, stitchflip which theater are you referring to? amc? lol sucks cuz the only exit i can think off if you wanna go via high way is as follows: 403 east bound towards toronto, merge into 410 brampton, take 410 brampton north, exit courtney park (1st exit), make a left at courtney park, and 2 minutes down the road is AMC. this route is relatively farther with regards to distance, but faster w/ regards to time.

Last edited by da-rookie; Jun 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: for those on the west side